An escape system

Discussion in 'Safety' started by cluckeyo, May 25, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. cluckeyo

cluckeyo Well-Known Member
      95/140

Blog Posts:
    We have a rather unique living situation where we make our home and one thing I am very interested in is a kind of elaborate escape system. Suppose there were one or more dangerous intruders into our living space. I want a plan in place so that if we needed to hide out for awhile or just quietly make an exit, we could be prepared to do so. My plan includes a store of food, water, and weapons, and an escape route leading us to safety. Mr Cluckeyo thinks this is a crazy idea and I have not yet been able to get him involved. But I would still like to do this. I'd rather be prepared.

2. remnant

remnant Expert Member
      190/230

Blog Posts:
    I once tried to devise an escape system some time ago. I had earned substantial amount of cash and my neighbourhood was tense as a result of some thugs who were terrorizing people at night. I attempted to dig a hole exiting outside and it proved quite laborious. My concept right now is more spiritual than physical though having a removable portion of the roof would be an easy escape route. If you can start a powersaw before escaping, the better so it is good to have one in the house if possible.

3. Corzhens

Corzhens Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    Break-ins are frequent in our village and we also are aware that it can happen to us. But we have no escape plan for now except the locks on the door. When an intruder is sensed to be inside the perimeter fence, our orientation is to use the cellphone to call the village guard and also the local community police (which is nearer to us than the town police). Let's say the intruder is successful in entering the house, our bedroom doors are locked and we are not to open no matter what happens. For our defense, we have a night stick made of rattan that can break a skull when hit hard. But I know that it is no match if the intruder has a gun. So our only recourse would be to defend the door no matter what happens until rescue arrives.

4. Destiny

Destiny Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    We're a stand your ground family. We live on the sticks and have lots of guns and a stockpile of ammo. It would take a small army to overpower us.

5. acheno84

acheno84 Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    It's always good to have an escape plan in the event that you are given no other choice. I too have a back up plan in the event that someone comes in my house and I need to bail out. I know exactly how I'm getting out of every single room in my house with the exception of my bathroom because the window is too small. I do keep a weapon in the bathroom as I'm always fearful that's where I'm going to be attacked (is that weird?).

Lucky for my family, we have a very protective dog who we have learned will attack someone in the event that they are no good or are going to hurt us. We have never been victimized in that sense, however, we had some friends come over and we were messing around and one of my friends got up and pretended like she was going to punch me. Charlie jumped up and knocked her to the ground. I actually thought he was going to hurt her, but I believe that he gave her a warning since he knew who she was. He is very weird around strangers though that come to our house unless we invite them in.

We have guns and unlimited ammo objects like metal baseball bats, tasers, and pepper spray, so I really would like to see someone try to get in my house and make it out in one piece. They wouldn't make it through the door.

6. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    There are many ways to intrude into someones house
    Most intruders will use deception to enter and pillage!
    Most will knock, be well dressed and spoken and get let in by the victim!
    Many will even have official ID tags!

7. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    nobody comes in unless they have a prearranged appointment. cold callers are not accepted and will be told to leave in no uncertain terms, if i'm on my own I ignore the telephone and don't answer the door.

8. Arkane

275/297

Blog Posts:
    But Sir We are from the government and are here to help! we need to come in and inspect everything for your own safety and for the children you know!
    We can't have you not needing us can we as then we could not cruise on .gov gravy by helping you!
    NOW open up I have enforcers to force my will, no no force the governments will upon you!
    You must accept our help, we demand you accept our help, we will force you to accept our help

Its for the children you know!

We will relieve you of the burden of storing excess foods so we can feed the children, excess is anything more than a weeks worth you know!

GS AutoTech likes this.
  9. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    you are assuming the government will survive, they are all mortal the same as the rest of us.
    there are 136,000 police and 81,700 Troops in the UK to "police" a population of 65 million.

10. Arkane

275/297

Blog Posts:
    No, I am assuming some people will either be ex-gov employees using there knowledge to there advantage or just plain fraudsters doing what they do!
    Small chance it will be real .gov! and no chance they will be there to help!

11. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    in the UK it has always been said that in an TEOTWAWKI situation there is somewhere in Canada that the government and the royal family will be evacuated to and leave the rest of us to our own devices.
    it is well known in the South West of England that in any sort of event we will be left to get on with it as best we can, that has been known about for many years, the government dosent even acknowledge the south west even exists unless its an election year.