Angelica

Discussion in 'Herbalism - Medicinal, Practical, and other Uses' started by Koala, Jun 1, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Koala

Koala Well-Known Member
      77/115

Blog Posts:
    I haven't found any threads about Angelica. Angelica is a plant with so many different uses. It grows EVERYWHERE around here. It has these large white flowers and it can grow very high up. You can use its roots and leaves for medicinal purposes.

Its root contains so many vitamins and minerals; from vitamin B12, magnesium, iron, potassium, riboflavin, ...
    I always use Angelica when I have a sore throat. You gargle it and it soothes down the soreness and pain.

You can also make this wonderful herb tea from Angelica's root - you simply add it to boiling water. I've even read that it can be used to treat rheumatism.

Does anybody use Angelica? If, so how?

2. Xilkozuf

Xilkozuf Active Member
      41/58

Blog Posts:
    It's pretty common in Europe, yes, but I never used it. I know its benefits and uses, it's a pretty cool plant.
    You can use for cooking and kitchen as you said: its stems are used as candied fruit and other parts are used as seasoning for salad or soup.
    In medicin it's also pretty common, useful against fatigue in particular. But I'll add that you have to be careful since if you take too much Angelica it can be poisonous!

Koala likes this.
  3. Koala

Koala Well-Known Member
      77/115

Blog Posts:
    Yeah, exactly. It grows all over here so it seems logical to put it to some use. I'm surprised you never tried it yourself. Why's that?

Also, I never heard that they're toxic. The kinds that grow here for sure aren't. Maybe you are speaking about a specific kind. Thanks for the warning though :) I'll look further into it.