Anti-Stab Shirts?

Discussion in 'Survival Gear' started by John Snort, Jun 11, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. John Snort

John Snort Well-Known Member
      92/93

Blog Posts:
    I just heard of them. At first I though the reference was to anti-slash clothing that can defend against knife attacks but these shirts designed in 2014 apparently are just that — stab resistant.

I tried to find out where one can buy said shirts but couldn't find them anywhere on the net.

Just curious, has anyone here got themselves a stab-resistant shirt?

2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Probably classed as body armour, in which case it would be illegal here in Australia, even for security operatives, unless they were a bodyguard/minder.
    Keith.

John Snort likes this.
  3. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I think we have something similar in the UK, something to do with Kevlar, I seem to remember a comment on one of my previous UK forums, its not for me.
    probably more useful if someone lived in a city, not in the countryside like me, although I do have a swat type helmet.

Keith H. and John Snort like this.
  4. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    An easier option to find or make is chain mail, but it is much heavier. Another primitive solution was silk. Silk was used to stop the complete penetration of arrows, & when the silk was pulled, it would bring the arrow out with it.
    One of my sons was attacked & stabbed not too long ago when he was on his way home from visiting a friend, it happened right outside the hospital. The attacker got away unfortunately, but my son thinks he probably broke his nose.
    Keith.

5. jonthai

jonthai New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    I have not, but I wish I could get one of those. I've seen it in some posts and on the internet, but i also didn't find a way to purchase it! If you do find a way to purchase please let me know. Anyhow,this shirt could change the way we survive in case of a disaster, and could possibly save many life's.

6. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    unless one is in a place where this is a necessity rather than just a wished for item, then they are probably in the wrong location and should move as soon as poss.
    if one isn't in that situation, its probably going to be more of a hinderance than a help.

7. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    We have body armour kevlar vest and flapjackets from nam era knifes and small arms they stop our3006 m14 goes threw them lke they are a tee shirt

8. Doubletap45

Doubletap45 New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    They are not shirts, they are vests. Fairly expensive and bulky. You can get combo BP and Stab Proof vests also. At least in the United States.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
  9. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Modern body armour is illegal for ordinary citizens to own in Australia!
    Keith.

10. Doubletap45

Doubletap45 New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    I hate to see that the good guys Down Under don't get to legally own a lot of the good stuff. Good thing you're a tough bunch.

Keith H. likes this.
  11. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    No, we bleed just like anyone else, & unless you are old like me, you have to be bleeding before you can defend yourself. Legally they say you can use self defence, but in the court it is not that simple. For instance, if Goliath attacks you & he is unarmed, then you can not use a weapon in defence, even though he is going to beat you to death with his fists!!!
    Keith.

12. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    Defending yourself in court after defending yourself for real all depends on what you say and do after the event and when the police arrive!

13. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    its all down to this phrase "reasonable force" but nobody has ever defined what that is.

Keith H. likes this.
  14. Arkane

275/297

Blog Posts:
    You must be in fear of your life, and you must not say or do anything against that !
    Your mouth can be your worst enemy in that respect.
    After deadly encounters many voice there feelings like "that fucker deserved that"
    those four words if witnessed by anyone will get you a decade or two locked up!
    Be traumatised, be silent until you have it sorted!
    If you stand triumphant you are the hunter and will be condemned!

15. Arkane

275/297

Blog Posts:
    Back to anti-stab vests!
    Look into Crim-Safe security flyscreens!
    High tensile stainless steel mesh. the mesh is very strong but still reasonably flexible
    Line a denim jacket with it and line that with something soft and you have a decent level of protection

16. Tom Williams

330/345

Blog Posts:
    Reasonable force = one shot one kill shot more than once its unreasonable to waste ammo

17. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    all stabbings in the UK are gang related, gangs are all located in the cities, remedy? don't live in a city!:p

18. Para173

Para173 Well-Known Member
      95/99

Blog Posts:
    Most of those kind of vests here in the U.S. are used by jail and corrections officers. In some states it is illegal to own such vests. In other states they haven't gotten around to making it illegal to own body armor yet. There was also a talk about the federal government making it illegal to own body armor unless you were in law enforcement or corrections work, etc. However, that does not preclude a person from researching the internet and finding out what the ancient Romans used to deter sword, lances and so on. Didn't they wear a sort of thick leather vest or a leather vest with metal weaved into it or behind it?

19. Tom Williams

330/345

Blog Posts:
    I didnt know body armour was against the law anywhere in the states we have the right to protect ourself so take it to court get it threw out

20. Arkane

275/297

Blog Posts:
    The Romans used a thick boiled leather!

21. Mekada

Mekada Master Survivalist
      270/345

Blog Posts:
    As someone who has recently been stabbed and had to deal with the police I wholeheartedly agree. I went there still bloodsoaked and laid a charge of assault with the intent to grevious bodily harm. (I guess I had to die to make it attempted murder...) having lost a lot of blood and having wounds to show them really helped cement me as a victim who fought back. My t-shirt didn't help much other the fact that I like a loose fitting shirt which made it harder to pinpoint my organs and conceil my knife.

After a few days a detective contacted for additional information. I told him the same story as what I did in my police charge sheet (remembering all the cop shows i watched where they try and have a guy choke on his version of events...). He then mentioned that a man who matched the description i gave is dead from knife wounds. As I heard this i thought i am so going to prison. Because the attack was so fast i didn't focus on the their faces but rather their hands so except for the clothing, ethnicity and general build I got nothing. That was a good thing as it meant i couldn't identify the guy although I knew that it was my magnum knife that did the work. I showed no joy in his demise and said that should he need anything else from me that he should not hesitate to contact me. The last thing I heard the case has been resolved and although they couldn't find the other 2 guys at least I got some form of closure.