Anyone here have experience with long term survival in the wilderness?

Discussion in 'Wilderness' started by Ronald Mckeller, Jan 17, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

Tags:
  1. Ronald Mckeller

Ronald Mckeller Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    I'm pretty much asking about longer than one week. I know many people here have probably been camping. That is not what I am referring to.

2. Jason

Jason Active Member
      48/93

Blog Posts:
    Homeless for 6 months, constantly moving, survived!

3. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I lived on a family smallholding for 12 years, lived in an off grid old wooden caravan, growing my own food and hunting for meat, drinking and bathing was in the river that went past the land, and my toilet was a hole in the ground. I loved every minute of it and would do so again given the chance.

4. Dutch

Dutch Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    Hike the AT for 20-30 days at a time. Lived wild in north Fla for better part of a year.

LHCB likes this.
  5. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    Marine sniper. Spent many months in the bush when i wasnt hunting i ran a school in pi that showed others how to survive so ive lived in the wild bush swamps jungles hills snow where ever for around 3 years

6. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    We have lived off the grid for about 40 years now. Over 20 of those years was without electricity. We were 10 years in the Territory, & after we survived cyclone Tracey in 74, we moved out bush. In the wet season we were often cut off from civilisation for months at a time. We grew our own food & I hunted with a muzzle-loader. I would not class 6 months as long term, but we were & still are capable of living long term with what we have & without any access to outside supplies, whether in our forest home or further into the wilderness.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    To the left you can see the first house that I reconstructed from one that I found in a farmer's paddock & transported in bits. This we call Elm Cottage. The larger house is Linstock where we live now. Some of the family are living elsewhere at present, but we have enough accommodation here for everyone with the ability to construct further accommodation from natural resources for friends in a shtf situation.
    Keith.