anyone used an atlatl?

Discussion in 'Guns, Knives, Tools, Etc.' started by BIll Dockstader, Jan 22, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. BIll Dockstader

BIll Dockstader Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    one of the oldest weapons known to man. simple to make and use and extremely deadly.

Attached Files:

koolhandlinc likes this.
  2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I've been trying to make one of these, so far I haven't been able to find the right shape in the wild.

3. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    Yes used one, increases range and power and accuracy is still ok
    Lots a practice needed, easy to make, length is critical and needs to match arm length and strength, its a trial and error personal thing!
    Don't keep one and don't really expect to ever need one, but I can make one if needed!

4. Bishop

Bishop Master Survivalist
      335/345

Blog Posts:

I hunt with one have taken deer hogs and small game.

koolhandlinc likes this.
  5. Xilkozuf

Xilkozuf Active Member
      41/58

Blog Posts:
    I never heard about this before and.. well, it looks pretty weird for some reason. And also pretty big, maybe it wouldn't be the best weapon of choice in the wilderness since you probably would opt for something more fast and practical.
    I recognize this is eccellent in a hunting situation, but when you have to use it to defend yourself it wouldn't be as much as effective...

6. Bishop

Bishop Master Survivalist
      335/345

Blog Posts:
    0503121506a.jpg The atlatl change how homosapian was able to survive and got us to where we are now

koolhandlinc likes this.
  7. koolhandlinc

koolhandlinc Expert Member
      245/345

Blog Posts:
    That's very impressive. would be interesting to make one. Maybe after the tractor project.