Are you planning a trip this summer?

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by Deeishere, Jun 9, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Deeishere

Deeishere Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    Are you planning on going on a trip this summer? We did visit Georgia over the Memorial Day weekend. I want to visit Virginia. I am only about 4-5 hours away. I have a family member there and have never been to that state before. I would also like to go see my sister in Florida. I have no real plans yet. If I go it will be the spur of the moment.

2. BeautifullyBree

BeautifullyBree Active Member
      43/47

Blog Posts:
    I too would love to go on vacation. IIt will be spur of the moment if we go as well. We started a vacation fund last year and its starting to look like we will be going somewhere. Just don't know where yet :)

Deeishere likes this.
  3. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    we usually just do day trips, we don't do foreign holidays we prefer to stay in the UK, which is known here as a staycation!

4. Lisa Davis

Lisa Davis Active Member
      36/47

Blog Posts:
    I live in Ohio. Currently, I am not planning a big vacation for this summer. However, we have a ton of water parks and great amusement parks within about an hour from me that I will likely visit in the next two months. I like to take my bigger vacations in the winter to escape the cold and snowy Ohio weather. I have tons of family in Florida, so we usually go there. We even get to go more frequently now because our small local airport has insanely great flights to two different Florida locales now. We pay less than two hundred dollars for round-trip tickets to Florida here on their airline.

5. glreese

glreese Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    I think I'm going to New York with my boyfriend later this summer. His family is flying in from China and meeting us there. This will be the first time I have been to NYC as well as the first time I meet his family!

6. djordjem87

djordjem87 Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    I was planning a trip but the farthest I could go is Greece so that will probably never happen. Maybe I go to Montenegro or Macedonia since they are much closer to Serbia. Montenegro is actually a beautiful country but people are ... Well, mostly pricks. It is too expensive and although it is beautiful there is no way some things worth as much as they ask for it. Anyway, some places of the beaten path can come quite cheap and the nature is awesome.
    http://traveltb.s3-us-west-2.amazon...6/01/06172235/montenegro-20-things-to-see.jpg
    The contrast here says it all.

7. Pony

Pony New Member
      1/23

Blog Posts:
    I am planning on going to San Diego, California with my friends. I have never been there before and I hope I have fun?

8. Deeishere

Deeishere Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    I wish I thought of starting a vacation fund last year. I have created small funds for gifts to other people. I have a couple of friends I want to get a gift for. Any extra money I have in the month I have it go to that fund. It's amazing how quickly money can add up.

BeautifullyBree likes this.
  9. cyclistbabe

cyclistbabe New Member
      3/23

Blog Posts:
    My family and I are visiting Maine this week! Out of all the places I've been, Maine is by far the most beautiful. Acadia is stunning and the seafood is so fresh and delicious. Wish we would never leave!

10. OfTheEarth

OfTheEarth Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    My entire summer is basically a vacation. I am recently homeless but infectiously positive, and just decided I would see this as a way of experiencing what it's like to camp on planet Earth in 2016. So far kinda crappy but it's getting better, like I just beat the first level of the game :)

11. BeautifullyBree

BeautifullyBree Active Member
      43/47

Blog Posts:
    I completely agree. I've been impressed how quickly mine has added up as well. We have three buckets full of change and we only started a year ago. It doesn't sound like much, but my cupholder in my car holds around 20 in change easily.

12. Valerie

Valerie Active Member
      43/47

Blog Posts:
    While I would love to go on vacation this summer, I don't think I'm going to be. Between work, dance rehearsals (which I guess are part of work too), and the business of living in Tokyo, I don't think I can manage much more than a day trip to Enoshima or Zushi (some beaches close to Tokyo). However, my mother is suggesting that we meet halfway between New Jersey, USA and Japan in California. If I can do it, I totally want to.

13. Coputere

Coputere New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    Yes and I can't wait. My half sister is getting married and luckily I am invited. I haven't been the first to keep in touch. I hate my phone but she is getting married on the tropical island of Jamaica in August. This will be a fun break from the states for me seeing that I haven't been out of the states since I was a child.

14. TJames13

TJames13 New Member
      3/23

Blog Posts:
    My wife and I are planning a trip to Hawaii but it won't be until the very end of summer beginning of fall. I turn 30 on Spetember 23, so she would like to travel for my birthday and I love Hawaii so that is where we are going. Part of me would rather stay at home and do something a little more low key and a lot less expensive.

15. thePENofGODx0x0xz7

thePENofGODx0x0xz7 New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    I do not know if I can call it a trip but I will be staying Las Vegas some time next month. I can't wait, my step father will be using his connections to get me a free room at Mandalay Bay. I will get to have fun in Vegas and visit my mother at the same time. I am so excited.

GrecianShamrock likes this.
  16. robinsb

robinsb New Member
      1/23

Blog Posts:
    I would love to go on a vacation this Summer, but I have so much to focus on that it'll be impossible to. I think it's a good thing though. I'm very focused on my career, building my brand, and moving; so maybe I can go on vacation next Summer. I haven't been many places, but I would love to visit somewhere tropical or even go on a cruise. My dream places to visit are Aruba, Hawaii, and Paris. If you're reading this and are going on a vacation, I hope you enjoy yourself and embrace it all!

17. Corzhens

Corzhens Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    We actually have a pending trip to the crater of Taal Volcano. It was planned in January but we were not able to pursue because of the rains. The slope of the volcano is muddy when wet and conducive to accidents. Last summer we were busy that we forgot all about it and now the rains have started to come so the trek is on hold. Maybe before the Christmas season, we could fulfill our dream of getting to the crater and taking a selfie there. But for now, it is just a plan.

We have a trip to Hongkong next weekend. It's not a planned trip. There was this promo of my credit card of discounted plane tickets that I was tempted to avail. And Hongkong fare is the cheapest so I bought it on impulse. But it's just a 3-day trip and I already had a booking in Guangdong Hotel, purportedly a 4-star hotel.

18. ReadmeByAmy

ReadmeByAmy Expert Member
      158/173

Blog Posts:
    Every year me and husband always had a trip during the summer season. But this time I think our plan will not push through since I had grabbed the opportunity of working again full time only lately this month and I am just still new in the company. Work first is my priority right now and save money for our next trip to some places that we have not been through.

19. GrecianShamrock

GrecianShamrock New Member
      1/23

Blog Posts:
    I've been planning and saving for three years now. We are taking a family trip to Vegas this August for my 30th birthday, which is exciting but I really don't want to be turning 30 ugh haha

20. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    We are going fishing in the gulf of mexico in a few weeks

21. Karen Martin

Karen Martin New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    I am planning a summer vacation, because my birthday is right after the 4th of July and that's when we normally take our family vacation and we normally kill two birds with one stone and celebrate my birthday and take a family vacation all at one time! This year we planning on going to New York, because we went further south the last 3 years, so now it's time to revisit the north! Manhattan, NY here we come!

22. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    we take trips all the time, but usually only about 100 miles or so away, and we return to base(home) at the end of the day.

23. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08 Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    Oh i would love to take a vacation this summer. I really hate the Texas heat and would love to go some where with cooler weather. However, i have moths flying out of my wallet this year. No vacation for me.

24. Vinaya

Vinaya Expert Member
      143/173

Blog Posts:
    The only travel I have done in the last two years is traveling between my farm and my city home. My farm is about 220 miles away from my city. I will have to drive through a long winding mountainous road and takes about 8 hours of driving. Apart from traveling to my farm,I also once traveled to a near by town about 100 miles from my town. I stayed a week in this town.

25. JimLE

JimLE Expert Member
      198/230

Blog Posts:
    it's been i guess,at least 2 years since i've been camping..yeah,thats way too long not to campout..LOL..so i'll be camping out this coming weekend.and it'll be at martin dies JR campground..it'll be my first time at this campground..but yet.i've heard good about it..especially about it's nice n shady throughout most of the area..

26. Sino

Sino Member
      18/25

Blog Posts:
    I am unfortunately not planning a trip but I'd love to go on one :/ I've always wanted to do go camping in in Washington and I have no idea why! It just seems so cool to me and hopefully one day I'll be able to go camping there.

27. JimLE

JimLE Expert Member
      198/230

Blog Posts:
    Good luck on getting to go on,Washington camping trip..hop that you get to go one day..

28. Dejah

Dejah New Member
      1/25

Blog Posts:
    My family and I are planning a huge family get away like we always do. We are the type of family that is extremely extra when it comes down to vacations and trips. We enjoy each others company so much, but with a major twist. We're a family of travelers, so we love going out of state or out of the country when we go on any type of summer trip. This summer I am moving down back to Georgia where all my family is and we are planning to go on another cruise. Cruises are our favorites because the parents don't have to keep an eye on the kids because they really can't go that far, I mean we are all stranded on a ship. Most importantly we are excited to travel back to the Bahamas like we did a couple summers ago. When we went last time, we didn't stay for long so we are going to give it another shot and actually take in the culture and the Bahamas itself. This should be very interesting since I'm older now and will actually remember this cruise.

29. AWPEK

AWPEK New Member
      3/25

Blog Posts:
    No, sadly I am not planning a trip this Summer. Though this is usually natural for me because my family and I have never once have gone on a vacation or small trip meant for relaxation. We always talk about it and even think of having a cruise like vacation, but in the end I know that's not going to happen since my parents are too distracted with the bills or use their money to keep us happy with our constant demands for items such as video games, toys, shoes, and clothing. We do plan on going back to Africa for over the Summer during the year of 2018 and also acquire some nice room service. Even though it isn't the ideal trip I was thinking off I really do hope we can attend this trip and have some fun somewhere far from inside our home which I am always cooped in every day.

30. Chiari

Chiari New Member
      3/25

Blog Posts:
    Yes! I'm going to Cape Cod, MA. I've never been there before and I know it's not like a Cali or South American beach but I'm excited.