Are You Ready ???

Discussion in 'Community Sharing CSA Ideas' started by Tom Williams, Apr 20, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    With the activity all over ARE YOU READY ?? I n a blink of a eye you may have trouble to deal with ! Be prepared be alert !!

Morgan101, TMT Tactical and Keith H. like this.
  2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    As ready as we can be given the present circumstances. Yes these are uncertain times Tom, as you say, plenty happening!
    Keith.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Mekada

Mekada Master Survivalist
      270/345

Blog Posts:
    Absolutely... Stocking up as good as I can. Training this weekend as well with a tactical shotgun. i feel that this will be my go to gun from no on.

Keith H. likes this.
  4. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I was born ready!!:D:D I spent my life up until I left home with parents who would have been called preppers but the word didn't exist back then. I've always tried to be as prepared as I could be.

TMT Tactical, Morgan101 and Keith H. like this.
  5. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    My status is currently 2X4
    Two hours to get tooled up and mobile and four hours to destination

TMT Tactical and Morgan101 like this.
  6. jeager

jeager Master Survivalist
      272/345

Blog Posts:
    Bugging in so as prepped as I can be.
    Should get more food stores.

TMT Tactical and Mekada like this.
  7. kgord

kgord Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    Well I am not sure I am ready for a long term survival situation, but I may be ready if a hurricane or short term weather disaster strikes. I think that I could get ready for a major storm so I am part of the way there. For long term survival I think I would need a generator to give me electricity and lots of canned goods, etc.

8. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    i don't think anyone can be 100% ready but we are more ready than the unprepared masses will ever be.

Morgan101 and Keith H. like this.
  9. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Canned goods & electricity are NOT your priorities. I hope you are prepared for raiders/looters & rapists in a weather disaster situation!
    Keith.

10. PedroP

PedroP Active Member
      38/58

Blog Posts:
    Ready is a difficult word to say. Reality has its way of surprising you and even the readiest man on earth could still be caught off guard given the right situation. It's just how life is: Unpredictable. Still, I consider myself fairly ready. My greatest asset is my adaptability. Always your most important tool.

11. kgord

kgord Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    Well, I live in the country in a heavily wooded area. I don't really see rapists, looters and murderers being a problem out here. They would have to find me first..and I am sure there would be other more convenient targets. Besides my roommate is heavily armed. I am not too paranoid, and I know most people tend to help each other in a crisis situation.

12. Tina Thompson

Tina Thompson New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:

13. Tina Thompson

Tina Thompson New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    It's time to put your plans in action. Read the news, compare it to the Bible, listen to all of the people who are having visions, even small children. Since March of this year I have been having dreams, experiences, and have been led to material proving that we're living in a time that humanity has waited on since it began. The military is preparing for something huge, I don't know what. Need to stop talking and planning and get in position and be ready, I really feel we're on the precipice of some bad stuff. In 2000,2012, when people were freaking out saying the end was coming, I didn't feel what I feel now. This is for real and I feel like people need to spread the word.

14. PedroP

PedroP Active Member
      38/58

Blog Posts:
    It might be true aye. Maybe it has to do with the scarcity of world resources. Maybe the zombies are coming. Maybe some flood of Hurricane is coming. Either way, we better sit tight and stock on what we can. Judgment day might be a day or a century away be preparedness never done anyone any harm.

Tina Thompson likes this.
  15. m33kuh

m33kuh Active Member
      41/58

Blog Posts:
    I can't say I'm ready but probably I am somewhat prepared. Got to have all of these stock knowledge added before SHTF events happen. That means spend more time online!

16. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I am reasonably well prepared, and light years ahead of most.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  17. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I've been ready for 40 years.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  18. NomadWill

NomadWill Expert Member
      240/345

Blog Posts:
    Not as ready as I'd like to be! but about 85% ready.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  19. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    nobody can ever be 100% ready, prepping is an on going occupation.

20. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Well stated. I like to think of it as a life style. I always strive to be as prepared as I can be in any situation.

TMT Tactical and Keith H. like this.
  21. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    yes, I think of it as a life style too.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  22. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I decided to revive this old thread as more than one SHTF catastrophes lie on our door- steps . Time has basically run out for those that have not prepared , but I suppose someone with enough money might be able to buy their way out . -- I am expecting a tour group to come to our survival property either this evening or tomorrow . Of course they will just see the basics of a survivalist grounds . They have traveled 100,s of miles to get here . Another group " a family group " were here about a week ago . --- People's interest in prepping and survival has risen since the Agenda 30 dreamers began their push toward total control of the population .

23. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I'm not happy about anyone else learning about the fact I'm a prepper, or as my wife says a prepared survivalist, outside of Prepping circles, even in them, anyone can make an innocent remark to an acquaintance and word spreads, you know "loose lips sink ships" and all that!:D

TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.
  24. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    For most folks I totally agree with Lonewolf on the above statement . Word of mouth has gotten out about our activities and anyone riding down the dirt road leading to our property would have to be very ignorant to not know they have come upon a survivalist retreat . Actually though our security is good and I am very confident in our ability to protect our grounds .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  25. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I'm not so much bothered in the here and now, it could pretty much be laughed off as a joke, but post SHTF one could end up with uninvited guests if you know what I mean.

26. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I really don't like talking about the amount of food I've put back. In the Southeast U.S., you can talk about firearms because all houses have guns. I don't talk about being a gun collector even though a significant part of the population here do have collections. Current military and ex-military folk are the ones who own the "assault rifles". Most collectors have rare and antique firearms. Me, I shoot my collectables. A tool isn't a tool unless you use it.

I always encourage people to buy gun safes -- not just for the storage of their firearms. Keepsakes & paperwork go in there also. One of my safes is a fire safe.

Always put some sort of dehumidifier in your safes (gun safe heaters are cheap); else if you live in a humid climate, condensation can rust firearms made of steel from "back-when". Even "modern" firearms will rust if you don't take care of them.

I'm a big fan of Birchwood Casey rust preventative products. Their products prevented rust on one of my firearms that simply had some sort of self-destruction will to rust. The thing was Spanish and not of the best quality, but B.Casey stopped it from rusting. Bang, no more rust! Always check really well in the magazine well of your weapons. Rust will hide in there.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  27. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    The tour group that I mentioned on one of my posts above did make it to my survival retreat today . There was somewhere between 12 and 20 guests . They came with lots of questions " which I liked " . What they found here was way more than they came expecting to find . When they left they certainly didn't leave disappointed . --- I know some are concerned about people finding out they are preppers but my security is good and it might even be down right entertaining to have someone try to breech it . Right now as I type this , I have a vicious guard dog free roaming and patrolling outside my alamo . I am the blood thirsty bitch's backup .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  28. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    While I certainly applaud your prep and acknowledge you are far more prepared than I. I will have to disagree with the concept regarding allowing others to know I am a (junior class) prepper. Any compound can be taken. Guard dogs can be quietly taken out. Night vision / Thermal can pinpoint any critters (man or beast) roaming about. I would prefer to not be a target vs., being a defender. I do plan and have a very a aggressive defense ready and waiting, but I would rather not have to use it. The fewer people that know I have anything of value during a shtf event, the better. Better to expend ammo on game critters vs, varmint's. Just my 2 cents worth. No disrespect intended.

poltiregist and lonewolf like this.
  29. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I did have someone notice some of my dried meal packs some time ago and remarked " are you expecting something bad to happen" to which I replied "arent you", and generally laughed it off as a joke, not a problem as he could be a handy sort to have around post SHTF as he can do quite a number of building jobs.
    I've actually doubled my stock since that happened.

poltiregist and TMT Tactical like this.
  30. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    In keeping with this thread title , I already have my firewood up for next winter and have had it gathered for several weeks now . It is stacked and aging . I don't know if we will be facing a nuclear winter in the next few months or not , but regardless whether we do or not I plan to spend the first winter warm . If the worst happens many will be left with no chain saw fuel and not any electricity from the grid . Right or wrong some have speculated Puttin will chose an EMP attack over blowing everything to bits . As a prepper , I prepare .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  31. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I have firewood stacked and ready, I dont actually need it in normal times but post SHTF it is already collected and stored. its ongoing and will be added to from time to time.
    the time to prepare is BEFORE TSHTF not after!

32. paul m

paul m Expert Member
      237/345

Blog Posts:
    Do you have an open fire or a stove. I have stoves,and they are my primary heat source.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  33. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    have a small log burner (its a small house!) with a hotplate on top for cooking, so heating and cooking.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  34. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/com...pc=U531&cvid=ebdef88cd7cc44918a5d90cff9b96d47 For many what is discussed on the above link could be life threatening . In keeping with their agenda 30 agreement world leaders , having found their covid 19 attack to have less than desired effect have moved on to other things to reduce the human population . They have attacked the petroleum industry , fertilizer thus food industry , formula for the survival of babies and now may be manufacturing a " insulin shortage " . Just a few days ago I planted a bed of " oregano " in my garden for its medicinal benefits . It is touted to help control sugar levels for those with diabetic 2 , as well as being a antibiotic , increases blood circulation and helps fight cancer .

TMT Tactical likes this.