Basic Medical Supplies.

Discussion in 'First Aid and Medicine' started by rickymuus, Jun 18, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

Tags:
  1. rickymuus

rickymuus New Member
      1/23

Blog Posts:
    I would like to pick your thoughts on the basic medical supplies and equipment one needs to have to perform minor surgeries like removing a bullet or shrapnel or even delivering a baby. This can be vital in case of an apocalypse or anything similar. I believe things like having a blood bank with your own blood is important, what else?

2. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    No point in carrying your own blood. Storage would be a problem, price might be an issue, the fact that you could pretty much just use it on yourself would definitely be a big issue. Just get some NaCl and you've solved all of those 3 problems with very similar effects.

The very basics:
    gloves
    disinfectant
    gauze
    bandages
    medical tape
    diarrhea medication
    butterfly bandages

a lot of additional stuff you can have, but those would be the absolute minimum in my opinion. And those fit into a small sealable plastic bag that will fit in your pocket.

3. OfTheEarth

OfTheEarth Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    I will go ahead and add super glue to the list, one of the lost medical marvels. If you're doing anything important and need a little bit of sticky, you can pretty much wipe up any cut or tear, even some deeper ones, and get a little bit of superglue in there temporarily (I have used it long term, as well). Worked great in my experiences.

4. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I personally am NOT qualified to answer your question, & I don't know if anyone on this forum is. I advise against taking any advise from someone unless you KNOW that they are qualified.
    Keith.