Best Swiss Army Knife

Discussion in 'Knives' started by branchd77, Nov 13, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. branchd77

branchd77 Administrator Staff Member Gold Supporter
      257/345

Blog Posts:
    I have been reading reviews online and would like everyone's opinion on which Swiss army knife they think is the best to have all around. Features are great but I'm wanting the one that is the most durable. In the past I have bought cheap ones and they didn't even last a year.

2. Thanez

Thanez Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    From a survival point of view going to say none. The things I would be doing no pocket knife would last. I could survive with one by using it to make other tools and be very happy to have had it. Our chooses should be based upon the job needing done so what do plan on using a pocket knife for?

3. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Active Member
      45/58

Blog Posts:
    I have several, from basic to a pocket tool box. Got a few Leatherman tools for added versatility. Can't have enough of them.

Morgan101 and TMT Tactical like this.
  4. Brownbear

Brownbear Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    Forester, it has got most of what you might ever need.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I dont care much for gadgets, Swiss Army knife and Multi tools included, I prefer a good knife and the proper tool for anything else.

6. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I have a couple of them, but I have only used the blade. Rarely have I ever used any of the other tools. I pretty much stopped carrying them, and went to a folder better suited for my purpose. In defense I have always found the blades to be of good quality. Mine have held an edge for a long time.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I have and like the Trecker. It doesn't have a lot of things but it is big strong and the blades are all useful.
    334e2169c6901d56020635b1ccc39a71.jpeg

I can cut a two by four in less than a minute with it. While it doesn't take the place of a good bow saw it is handy for trap making and small work. The can and bottle opers can be handy and an awl is almost a must to me. I took the Philips bit and ground it into a pointed punch and turned the flat tip into a small wood chisel.

Oddcaliber likes this.
  8. randyt

randyt Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    not a swiss army knife but a bunch of gadgets in this one LOL
    f2a6182cd60bde9098b356e2f98b7783.jpeg

TMT Tactical and Oddcaliber like this.
  9. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I actually made a kit a lot like that. I used a 4" vice-grip for my handle. I ground a groove in the jaws that ran front to back with a Dremel. It holds all sorts of saw blades I made a knife blade for it. I can use it to bore holes with small drills and have a triangle file and leather awl bit all in the bag. It works great.

TMT Tactical and randyt like this.