Best Things To Take With You In A Bug Out Situation.

Discussion in 'Survival Gear' started by CamdenBC, May 14, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. CamdenBC

CamdenBC New Member
      1/25

Blog Posts:
    There are a lot of videos and online things about what you should take with you when you bug out this bag is also known as the 72-hour bag, and I wanted to tell you what I have in mine and what you have in yours. So in my bug out bag, I carry 2 first aid kits, 3 knives, 2 fire starters(I personally like to use the wet fire tinder), a flashlight, an extra pair of clothes(I have multiple pairs of socks since those are the most important while doing any outdoor activity), a gas mask just in case there are any chemical weapons being used, a camel back water storage unit with 6 other bottles of water, a machete, a small compact fishing pole, 4 paracord bracelets(which I make myself by the way), 3 MRES, and a few flares. So that's what I have in my bag, what do you have in yours?

2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I have a hell of a lot more than you have in yours, but I would never limit myself to 72 hours. What makes you think it will all be over in 72 hours?!!! I am really interested to know why you would choose to try & make fire with wet tinder!?
    Keith.

CamdenBC likes this.
  3. CamdenBC

CamdenBC New Member
      1/25

Blog Posts:
    Sorry about the confusion the with the tinder its called wet fire not net tinder sorry about that it's like a little cube of white stuff that you scrape off and then you can use it to make a fire, and I know that limiting it to only 72 hours is bad but sometimes something is better than nothing

4. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    if your bugging out your probably not coming back-ever.

Keith H. and CamdenBC like this.
  5. GS AutoTech

GS AutoTech Expert Member
      232/345

Blog Posts:
    I have 4 sherpa's,,, I mean 4 kids. Lol. 6 in family. So we would have alot more pack space available. We could divide necessities up according to who can use those items & how much each person can physically carry.