Blast (dynamite) fishing

Discussion in 'Fishing' started by Dino Rex, Jul 1, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Dino Rex

Dino Rex New Member
      1/23

Blog Posts:
    Blast fishing involves using commercial dynamite or homemade bombs to explode underwater. The explosion ruptures the fish bladder and causes loss of buoyancy. Fishes float to the surface although some drop to the bottom. It is an illegal practice and with good reason: it indiscriminately destroys all living organism and the coral reefs ecosystem, but t is practiced in parts of Asia and Africa.

An individual can survive with pole or net fishing, but for a group or community facing extreme leaving conditions, blast fishing is a quick and efficient way to obtain proteins in decent quantities. I guess that if hunger can lead to cannibalism it also can made people forget any moral restraint. Survivor’s first priority is to survive.

2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    not everyone will have access to dynamite.

3. Dino Rex

Dino Rex New Member
      1/23

Blog Posts:
    Homemade bombs are used mostly.

4. joshposh

joshposh Master Survivalist
      260/345

Blog Posts:
    Dynamite fishing is by far the worst thing you can do for the coral reef and essentially destroying your chances of catching fish in the immediate area. Without the coral reef the underwater ecosystem and you the fish will go elsewhere. That is one practice that I'm heavily against as it does nothing but ruin your chances of survival in the future as it takes decades for a vibrant coral reef to form.

5. Endure

Endure Expert Member
      130/140

Blog Posts:
    Is the equivalent to commiting genocide for the sake of survival, you know. The impact to environment is so violent that I can dare to say it would be similar to concentrate the destructive power of volcano eruptions and gas emission.

6. DonScott

DonScott New Member
      3/25

Blog Posts:
    I know native Americans used to use a powder they made from black pecan trees. They would toss it in the water and it would temporarily paralyze the fish and cause them to rise to the surface. I wonder if there's and type of lake friendly alternative still in use today.