Brand Name Knives?

Discussion in 'Newbie Corner' started by ryanhamlet, Jun 5, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. ryanhamlet

ryanhamlet New Member
      1/25

Blog Posts:
    I have a Cutco fishing knife and a Zombie Ka-Bar knife. What are your thoughts on brand name knives versus other, generic kinds?

Keith H. likes this.
  2. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Expert Member
      153/173

Blog Posts:
    Generic stuff are great for short term use. If you want something that will last though, you will have to prepare to shell out for name-branded items. The price makes up for it in time for the quality and reliability of the product, and even after multiple uses (or if you just store it for years), you can be sure that the quality will still be there. It's also good to have in emergency situations, so having a pocket knife or an army knife at your car's glove box or your emergency kit at home, will definitely be a lot of help and will be handy if you are ever in a jam.

Koala likes this.
  3. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I do not like modern knives at all. Knives have a special purpose, they are NOT for splitting wood or cutting trees down. I carry three knives, a hunting knife which is a butcher knife. It's sole purpose is for skinning & butchering game, & for defence. My legging knife is a back-up for my hunting knife. My clasp knife is for camp chores & trap making.
    Keith.
    ULEiIbQ6l_evp_TESZKgPhSONzCsVAhn.jpeg

Koala likes this.