Breaking News. London.

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by jeager, Jun 3, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. jeager

jeager Master Survivalist
      272/345

Blog Posts:
    This just came on Fox and CNN.
    London Bridge.
    A van plows through a crowd of pedestrians and shots are heard on
    the Bridge.
    Reports are 20 to 30 shots fired.
    Wanna bet it's radical Islam again?

2. jeager

272/345

Blog Posts:
    Now stabbings at a market not far from London Bridge.

3. iamawriter

iamawriter Well-Known Member
      88/115

Blog Posts:
    Our tv channels were filled with the news and nothing is yet known who is responsible but as you say it could be the Islam radicals again. Sad that the whole world cannot join together and eradicate them from the face of the earth which only shows there is more to it than meets the eye.

4. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    6 dead, 48 injured, 3 attackers all shot dead by Police, London Bridge and Borough Market all cordoned off.
    British Government holding Cobra/Security meeting later today, Conservatives have cancelled any general election canvassing today.
    attackers shouted "Allah Akbar" when exiting the vehicle.
    lunchtime: now 7 dead, there will probably be more as people in hospital succumb to their wounds.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
  5. jeager

272/345

Blog Posts:
    Islam is a boil on the azz of humanity.
    109 verses in the Koran to kill the infidel anywhere, any time, any place.
    NO ONE is safe any where.

I'd think that small towns, rural places, aren't targets.
    The insane radicals pick high density population centers so more people can
    be killed and maimed with just one bomber.
    upload_2017-6-4_8-41-46.png

upload_2017-6-4_8-42-30.png

6. jeager

272/345

Blog Posts:
    England where almost 100% of the population is defenseless.

7. kgord

kgord Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    Unfortunately, it just seems like this scourge is never going to end. I think the best thing private citizens can do, is if you see something, say something. I don't think we can afford to be PC with today's current culture. It just isn't practical.

jeager likes this.
  8. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    you seem to have a thing about England and weapons, this isn't your first post on the subject.
    its our problem not yours.

9. Bishop

Bishop Master Survivalist
      335/345

Blog Posts:
    Don't think he putting u down just saying that if your were allowed to be armed it would stop a lot

10. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    there are plenty of legal ways of being armed in the UK without resorting to a firearms certificate and the home visit that goes with it-which is what puts most preppers off.
    guns aren't illegal here, plenty of folk have them .

11. jeager

272/345

Blog Posts:
    I'm not even almost putting down our cousins in England.
    I own plenty of firearms and not one is going to harm another person not harming me.
    The U.S. is the only country with anything like a 2nd Amendment.
    http://mysurvivalforum.com/threads/breaking-news-guns-under-threat-australia.2135/

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993.

At least 10 other countries have far more gun homicide rates than the U.S.

El Salvador with 22.77 per 100,000 persons.

Brazil 22.1 per 100,000.

The U.S. less than 1/2 that.

The U.S. has very, very, strict gun control laws.
    For instance it's very difficult to own a legal machine gun.

By law I can carry a concealed firearm in almost every U.S. State.
    I don't.
    But one might be handy should I need one.

12. CivilDefense

CivilDefense Expert Member
      235/345

Blog Posts:
    Assuming you have the proper training, etc., I can't recommend a CCW/CHL enough. If there is suddenly a situation in which you need to defend yourself, the concealed handgun on your person is a lot of value than the one locked up at home. I'm not sure what state you are in, but generally, they aren't too difficult to obtain.

13. jeager

272/345

Blog Posts:
    Ohio. I don't need a permit to carry being retired l.e.o.
    However even many police don't know former police are allowed to carry.
    I have a c.cw. permit for Florida and getting one for Ohio.

14. jeager

272/345

Blog Posts:
    Makes perfect sense to me.

15. WildSpirit

WildSpirit Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    What is happening to the world after all? Have people definitely forgotten the meaning of life? Things are getting more and more out of control each day. It's all kinda crazy and totally unacceptable! :mad:

When I saw these events on TV I thought: "Mankind seems to have no solution anymore". But at the end of the day, I try to stay optimistic, but it's getting harder and harder. Is it still worth believing? :(

16. jeager

272/345

Blog Posts:
    Answer:
    Radical Islam. The Koran contains 109 verses to kill the infidel.
    It's a COMMANDMENT to Muslims.
    The nations of Islam take that quite seriously.
    This isn't only a war against terrorism, it's a religious war.
    Islam is the antagonist.
    There are NO Christian denominations that support or actively engage in terrorism.
    Can you cite one verse in the Christian N.T. where Jesus commanded to kill anyone for any
    reason?

17. Nela Civobeg

Nela Civobeg Member
      18/25

Blog Posts:
    Firearms. Explosives. Wars. It all began when certain fellas invaded middle east. It is an undeniable fact. And now we are paying the price for it. Like I have said earlier in another post. Stomp the ant's nest and you will see millions of them coming out. Either leave them be and they will eventually go back to their house or burn them all. What kind of a person would you be? It might all seem black and white to some of you, but this is the real truth behind the entire situation.

18. jeager

272/345

Blog Posts:
    Muslim aggression prior to the Crusades.
    To give just a few examples -- the Persians invaded Europe in an attempt to conquer the Greeks in the fifth century B.C. The Greek, Alexander the Great, attempted to conquer all of Asia, as far as India, in the fourth century B.C. Both the Persians of the east and the Greeks of the west set up colonial empires founded upon bloody military conquest.

Let us review the Muslim conquest. In 624, Mohammed led a raid for booty and plunder against a Meccan caravan, killing 70 Meccans for mere material gain. Between 630 A.D. and the death of Mohammed in 632 A.D., Muslims -- on at least one occasion led by Mohammed -- had conquered the bulk of western Arabia and southern Palestine through approximately a dozen separate invasions and bloody conquests. These conquests were in large part "Holy wars,".

After Mohammed's death in 632, the new Muslim caliph, Abu Bakr, launched Islam into almost 1,500 years of continual imperialist, colonialist, bloody conquest and subjugation of others through invasion and war, a role Islam continues to this very day.

Islam also has a dirty, bloody past, and still does to this day.
    So go ahead and defend Radical Islamic murders that we call terrorism.
    We will see more and more of this.

I never said Christianity had clean hands.
    Plenty of blood on Christian hands.
    However Christianity morphed into something quite different today.
    There have always been fringe nut jobs such as David Koresh,Jim Jones and the Westboro Batpists
    that prey on the vulnerable weak mind.
    The Westboro Baptists don't murder Muslims however and they number less than 80 members

Those that blow up abortion clinics and assassinate abortion doctors are criminal murderers.
    Period.
    Muslims that commit acts of terror are criminals.
    Period.

19. Koala

Koala Well-Known Member
      77/115

Blog Posts:
    I was so saddened to see this on the news. It really breaks my heart how far we've come. I have one of my best friends that moved to London ten years ago and built herself a family there. I went to visit her a few times and I really loved England. The people were all so lovely and welcoming. Luckily, she's okay.

It's a shame they keep getting targeted with these terrorist attacks. No country should endure this radicalism. Please, everybody, stay safe!

We really will end up wiping each other out at the end. Sad world.

20. Nela Civobeg

Nela Civobeg Member
      18/25

Blog Posts:
    We have led this discussion many times. But you have said it yourself in one of your posts. The people you have mentioned here, their religion was completely different from the one today. But suddenly now you are naming criminals "Muslims" instead of pointing out the whole religion. What made you change your mind suddenly? The fact that pretty much nobody agreed with you on another topic? Please learn to use proper terms first before posting stuff. Muslims that commit acts of terror are criminals. A good and solid fact. Muslims that do not have anything to do with the killings are part of Islam as well. You pointed out that Islam is the evil religion. That's pretty much labeling everyone who is of Islamic background. And you have said that multiple times on another thread.

21. WildSpirit

WildSpirit Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    I would be a little naïve in believing that there are no "hidden" reasons in all these attacks. Politics and religion are intrinsically linked to this issue (this is very clear to me). Not everyone is innocent (except the people who were victims). There are guilty of both sides... But above all this, should be mankind.

jeager likes this.
  22. jeager

272/345

Blog Posts:
    One would hope mankind would be above all this.

23. Nela Civobeg

Nela Civobeg Member
      18/25

Blog Posts:
    Hope dies last. At least that's what people claim. If certain people have lost their hope, lots of things we have today wouldn't exist. So, we all need to hope and work harder to make humanity better. Pointing fingers wont get us anywhere

24. jeager

272/345

Blog Posts:
    Selling weapons isn't inherently evil.
    Guns and explosives don't decide to go out and commit crimes.
    People do that.
    Selling such things to known terrorist organizations is illegal.
    However someone will find a way to make money and turn a blind
    eye to the end results.
    Those are just as culpable as the ones committing the murders.
    Years I ago I issued a permit to purchase a handgun to a fellow with
    a clean criminal record.
    6 months later that very handgun was found at the scene of a political
    assassination in Ireland.
    I sometime, perhaps often, wish there were no firearms anywhere
    in the world.
    But they exist.
    It's humans that put them to nefarious intent.
    There are estimated to be 100,000,000, one hundred million A.K.
    47's and variants produced by some 20 nations.
    It's the preferred terrorist rifle.
    It's not the most accurate combat rifle but it's accurate enough.
    It always works and is so rugged cleaning it isn't necessary.
    It's made for people that can't read nor write and see no more sense
    in cleaning a gun than cleaning a garden hoe.
    I wish I'd never sold mine.

25. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    not sure what you are referring to, the Grenfell fire wasn't terrorist related.
    terrorist will always target big cities for maximum effect.

26. WildSpirit

WildSpirit Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    Religion (I mean the "administrators") should understand once and for all - because I'm really tired of it already :mad: - that it's not something "omnipresent"... I mean, it's necessary to make a separation in several aspects. I think religion can't and doesn't have the right to control everything it wants. :mad:

27. Tina Thompson

Tina Thompson New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:

28. Tina Thompson

Tina Thompson New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    I wonder why so many things are happening in England now. England seems to be the focus lately with hate crimes and terrorist attacks, and disasters with fire. I watch the BBC news and it's like there's a major event at least once a week. Today I read where Britain has been approved to buy over a billion dollars worth of military vehicles from the U.S.. That has to be a lot of transport equipment, I'm amazed that the U.S. have that many that they are willing to sell.

jeager likes this.
  29. jeager

272/345

Blog Posts:
    The U.S. is a mega industrialized country.
    Our manufacturing capability can not be matched.
    Period.
    One big reason why we were able to fight WWII on two major fronts.
    The pacific and Europe.

That and we could not be directly attacked easily like Europe.
    Our arms industry is also huge and it's far easier for other allies to purchase
    our equipment that to gear up from scratch and build their own.
    In the U.S. we have a 2nd Amendment.
    No other nation has anything like the 2nd Amendment.
    We have enough guns in the U.S. to put one in every household.
    I own at least fifty.
    Why?
    Because I want too that's why.
    Do I need................................????
    It isn't about need, it's about want.
    It might surprise many but the U.S. isn't even close to being the most violent
    nation on earth.
    Per capita the U.S. is way, way, down on the list of "most violent/dangerous"
    countries.
    "An armed society is a polite society." :>)