Building a organic hydrophobic greenhouse

Discussion in 'Farming and Gardening' started by Jason, Jan 17, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Jason

Jason Active Member
      48/93

Blog Posts:
    In the near future I will be putting together a hybrid Organic hydroponic greenhouse as well as Organic raised beds since the area I live in the soil mostly consist of sand and it is very hard to grow a good garden in sand. I will be posting pictures and a basic list of materials and some step by step pictures of how it is put together.

LHCB and Rick Cahill like this.
  2. Gene

Gene Moderator
      75/93

Blog Posts:
    This last year a fire started on my neighbors property, no one or buildings are on the property so no damage except his weeds are gone. The fire came onto my wife's and my place and burnt down the green house, shop, wood storage (we use wood for winter heat ) and the chicken coop, so we are starting over.

3. Jason

Jason Active Member
      48/93

Blog Posts:
    Sorry to hear of the loss!

4. Gene

Gene Moderator
      75/93

Blog Posts:
    Oh well I get to build bigger and better now. I need to get my aquaculture system going now and tie it into some hydroponics by the new shop so it's all good.

Jason likes this.
  5. acheno84

acheno84 Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    I have been wanting to start one of these for the longest time. I fully intend on building this system when I purchase my land or house. I am currently renting right now and while It's something that is possible, as my landlord is awesome, I would rather have a permanent, stable set up to avoid any stress on the plants. I look forward to seeing your pictures of your set up!

6. richj8am30

richj8am30 Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    It seems that sand is not so bad of a problem to have you will just need to acquire more soil or whatever it is that you wish to grow your vegetation in. By Adding soil etc. in with the sand you will encourage filtering to work with the watering system encouraging irrigation and diminishing the potential for the amassing of soluble salts.

7. explorerx7

explorerx7 Expert Member
      143/173

Blog Posts:
    I have seen hydroponics at work and I have seen impressive results derived from this method. As long as you have a sound technical knowledge of the set-up and operation of this facility I believe you would be able to obtain some really good yields.

8. joshposh

joshposh Master Survivalist
      260/345

Blog Posts:
    I've been doing some research. There are so many ideas and ways you can go about it. It all comes down to the space you have and resources. But here's a video showing off just of many ways you can go about it. There are other's that use tilapia in the hydroponic cycle.

9. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08 Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    I will be watching Jason. I am so curious about hydroponic gardening, but have given it up as most places want you to purchase a fancy layout. There has to be a way to do it simply and inexpensively.......at least I hope there is.