Can you bear to watch someone being hurt or torture?

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by Deeishere, Jun 23, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. jeager

jeager Master Survivalist
      272/345

Blog Posts:
    It seems Australia if off the terrorist list.
    For now.

2. jeager

272/345

Blog Posts:
    Arkane:
    Perhaps your media doesn't always, exactly, report all the statistics so the government can
    justify less freedom and liberty.
    Just sayin'.
    Even Australia's Bureau of Crime Statistics and Research acknowledges that the gun ban had no significant impact on the amount of gun-involved crime:

• In 2006, assault rose 49.2 percent and robbery 6.2 percent.
    • Sexual assault -- Australia's equivalent term for rape -- increased 29.9 percent.
    • Overall, Australia's violent crime rate rose 42.2 percent.
    Moreover, Australia and the United States -- where no gun-ban exists -- both experienced similar decreases in murder rates:

• Between 1995 and 2007, Australia saw a 31.9 percent decrease; without a gun ban, America's rate dropped 31.7 percent.
    • During the same time period, all other violent crime indices increased in Australia: assault rose 49.2 percent and robbery 6.2 percent.
    • Sexual assault -- Australia's equivalent term for rape -- increased 29.9 percent.
    - See more at: http://www.ncpa.org/sub/dpd/?Article_ID=17847#sthash.RpVMIHFD.dpuf

Is Australia still taking in large amounts of "refugees"?
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/afp/article-4526430/Australia-declares-game-fake-refugees.html

Australia Sunday gave 7,500 boatpeople until October to file a claim proving they are genuine refugees or be kicked out, declaring the "game is up" for illegal arrivals ripping off taxpayers.

Before the conservatives took power and adopted a tough line on the issue in 2013, an estimated 50,000 asylum-seekers flooded into Australia on more than 800 boats over the previous five years.

Be careful over in "down under".

The U.S. took in many, many, thousands of "boat people" fleeing Cuba years ago.
    Most settle in Miami Florida.
    Now it isn't safe for a white person to walk public streets after dark.
    Crime including rape and murder rose.
    Castro was smart. He LET loose murderers, rapists, thieves, and put them on boats to
    Florida.
    WE took 'em in. WE are paying the price.

Trump wants to build the "wall" for darned good reasons.
    The U.S. citizens in boarder States with Mexico are suffering waves of violent crime.
    Of course in those boarder States those residents are armed and we will never know how many
    "refugees" are buried in the vast grain fields and pastures.
    "Don't mess with Texas".

NO other nation in the world has anything like the Second Amendment or the N.R.A.
    Molon Abe.
    "Want my weapons? Come take them."
    Freedom never comes cheap and the price of freedom is blood and eternal vigilance.
    Second Amendment.
    Our founding Fathers realized the importance of an armed nation.
    Gee, in the U.K. owning a large knife requires a license.

3. wizzywiz

wizzywiz New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    How do you differentiate punishment from torture?

4. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    i cant speak for France but in England its only in the big cities, where I live you wont even see a moslem .

5. jeager

272/345

Blog Posts:
    "Yep I live in Australia and even though we suffer less freedoms than the USA
    Australia is a far better and safer place to live!"

"suffer less freedoms" hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?????????????

O.K.

Between 1788 and 1868, about 162,000 convicts were transported by the British government to various penal colonies in Australia.
    Attitudes became more accepting in the 20th century and it is now considered by many Australians to be a cause for celebration to have a convict in one's lineage. Around 20% of modern Australians are descended from transported convicts.

Really?

NOW I understand the strict weapons control in the land down under.

I'd feel safer with ZERO weapons in the hands of citizens in Australia.
    The U.S. isn't the only nation with a jaded history is it?
    As far as racism goes the Brits were the ultimate racists in past world history.
    Brits transported most of the black slaves sold throughout the world.

6. jeager

272/345

Blog Posts:
    You actually ask that question?????

tor·ture1
    /ˈtôrCHər/
    noun
    1. the action or practice of inflicting severe pain on someone as a punishment or to force them to do or say something, or for the pleasure of the person inflicting the pain.
    pun·ish·ment1
    /ˈpəniSHmənt/
    noun
    1. the infliction or imposition of a penalty as retribution for an offense:
    Usually in the U.S. the "punishment" levied is a fine or jail time and a fine(money).
    Never torture.

Got it?

7. jeager

272/345

Blog Posts:
    "A state of racism exists between some of the citizens of the United Kingdom. Studies taken by the BBC in 2014 and 2015 claim racism is on the rise in the UK, with more than one third actually admitting they are racially prejudiced.[1]Relations between different ethnicities within the United Kingdom have resulted in cases of race riots and racist murder perpetrated by individuals of all races."

So much for peace and tranquility in "jolly 'ol England".
    Yet Brits are so quick to throw stones at the U.S. and many still refer to the U.S. as
    "the colonies".

Wonder if the Brits will be so quick to welcome refugees after the deaths and injuries in
    Manchester?

"An armed society is a polite society." Robert A. Heinlein

Robert A. Heinlein — ‘An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.’

Humm???? Indeed.

For a long while I quit carry a concealed weapon.
    Now.......................I think I'll carry again.

AR-15 in the car, Smith .357 in waistband, Gerber fighting knife in console.
    Paranoid?
    No doubt but look at world affairs.

8. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    and you don't have racism in the states? yeah right.

9. jeager

272/345

Blog Posts:
    OF COURSE. Who said the U.S. didn't have racism.

Blacks continue to victimize whites daily all over the country.

We had to implement many anti-discrimination laws and change hiring practice.
    For every so many white the ethnics MUST be hired.
    Being qualified for the position means nothing and not necessary.
    If a black females that speaks Spanish she gets to be Director of the Board.
    Instantly.
    I was in management 8 years at General Motors.
    I have two degrees and at least 28 State Certifications to teach in certain fields.
    I was passed over for promotion 6 times in favor of black females, white females with a Spanish
    background, black males from "disadvantaged" homes or with minor criminal records.
    Try firing one. Can't be done.
    Finally G.M. cut salary positions by 30% to save money.
    ALL WHITE MEN were furloughed. Bye bye job.
    I haven't worked since.
    Too white, too male, too old.
    I guess I'll just putter along on a starvation income of only $60,000 annually.
    booooooooooo-whoooooooooooo

I won't touch my $50K in the market.
    I never said I was stupid.
    My fiance is over 70 and still maintains her home based business and her wages excel mine.
    She ain't stupid or lazy either.
    I think I'll get a part time job bagging groceries so I can by more ammo and prepper supplies.

10. Eva.Ling

Eva.Ling New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    Can't bear to watch anything like this, it would be horrible. I always fast forward all those clips online that show torture, especially of animals. Hurts too much to watch.

11. Bishop

Bishop Master Survivalist
      335/345

Blog Posts:
    If yo can't watch the violence stuff don't ever Google isis kids training

Was kicked off a greyhound bus for standing up for a Amish family that the bus driver was picking on

jeager likes this.
  12. kgord

kgord Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    I am not a fan of that type of thing. I really, really hate to see animal abuse, and people torture I don't like either. I mean I might watch some mild torture scenes. Anything that is too graphic is a real turn off to me, and I will look away or close my eyes.

13. Bishop

Bishop Master Survivalist
      335/345

Blog Posts:
    Ain't nothing like water boarding to get some one to tell you everything even lies

14. Nela Civobeg

Nela Civobeg Member
      18/25

Blog Posts:
    Torture, ofcourse not. But drunken fights and such, not really my problem unless there is a disadvantage, such as 5v1. I have seen plenty drunken fights, but none ended bad, ever. Even if you end in one, knowing when you have given enough beating to someone should be constantly in your head. Even if you are the one being attacked and manage to overpower someone, there is no need to beat the living hell out of them. Just let them go and walk away like a boss.

15. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    WOW! Read through this and came to the conclusion, I must be a cold hearted bastard. I have watched brothers die and be severely injured and felt sorrow later, but never at that moment. In the moment there are always things that have to be done and my focus was always on getting them done. Emotions were a luxury I couldn't afford. I was trained in advanced interrogation techniques and I've had them used on me (water boarding, electricity, put in a cage, beaten, noise, light, etc) and I never had sympathy or empathy for my enemies being interrogated.

When a family member is injured or sick, I never get emotional. I just do whatever is needed. When my daughter was diagnosed with leukemia, I was emotional when I was out of her ability to see or hear me, but never where she could see me upset.

We lost our first child and it hurt but I didn't become emotional. My wife needed me to lean on.

Maybe I am broken or just emotionally bankrupt

Dale

16. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    You were just raised old school. When I was a kid my dad would whip me for crying. Boys were strongly encouraged to repress their emotions so that we could function in bad situations. Back then women would faint or get the vapors if something bad happened. Men were expected to handle it and be "a man" and strong.

Women's lib was as much a liberation for men as it was for the women. As women moved into the workforce they have had to toughen up a lot. Crying on the job to get your way just isn't the way business works. As women got tougher men have been required to learn to deal with a more gentle and civilized work environment.

It has been a bit of a mess because people don't change overnight or even in one generation. Most of the differences between men and women in the mental sense are culturally forced. When I was younger a man that cried was a wimp and a woman that was stern, slightly aggressive and strong was looked at as some sort of dyke or man wannabe.

Nowadays people like us older men are looked at like we are some sort of primitive caveman. We have honor, we don't allow our emotions to show, it is sometimes hard for us to express our softer emotions. If you push us we WILL push back and to us being thought a coward is worse than taking a beating.

We act this way because our fathers beat it into us and then because the ladies love a strong man and despised the wimps. Being on the football team and getting your body smashed and busted up was great for your social standing while being captain of the chess club and charter member of to poetry group was the kiss of death.

That is why I played football and kept my poetry hidden. My Dad would have just KNOWN that I had to be some sort of fruit if he had known that I wrote poetry. Later on, though my future wife liked my poems in the love letters.

I like to think that in the future boys will be able to do both and not be judged by either choice. I also hope that the girls that like a rougher lifestyle will be encouraged and allowed to be what they wish. I though am what I was taught to be and am too old to change. Like you I handle things when they happen. I have been accused of not caring because I didn't show what I felt when loved ones died. The difference between men and women of my generation is that the women can cry in the arms of their loved oned while the men go off and cry alone...

17. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Thank you!

Dale

TMT Tactical likes this.
  18. GrizzlyetteAdams

GrizzlyetteAdams Crap Creek Survivor
      390/460

Blog Posts:

Not broken or emotionally bankrupt. If you were, you would not have been emotional with your daughter's diagnosis. You simply have good control of your emotions to be able to "let go" when you were out of her ability to see or hear you.

This is me, as well.

I can compartmentalize my emotions, even the most raw and intense ones. I can turn them completely off when it is necessary, but boy-oh-boy...when it is "safe," the floodgates bust open and here come the tears. But I am not the dramatic waaah-waaah sort; I tend to weep silently in the dark, or maybe in the presence of certain individuals who are able to handle it.

TMT Tactical and Sonofliberty like this.
  19. Snyper

Snyper Master Survivalist
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    No more than anywhere else in the universe.

20. Sonofliberty

Sonofliberty Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    You want to see real racism? Go to the middle east. Especially Saudi Arabia or Turkey.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  21. NomadWill

NomadWill Expert Member
      240/345

Blog Posts:
    I'd like to think I could handle seeing things like that. But I don't really know, I've only ever seen a handful of fights. Maybe one day we'll get to see if i can handle it once the SHTF.

TMT Tactical likes this.