Color...

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Requests' started by azrancher, Nov 7, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. azrancher

azrancher Well-Known Member
      75/58

Blog Posts:
    OK this is not people of color.

This is the Color of the forum, and the size of the Font.

Too small to read, and black back ground sucks, and don't give me Black Background Lives Matter...

Bigger font!

Rancher

2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    better glasses??:rolleyes:
    first complaint I have ever seen about the colour of the forum.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
    Keith H. likes this.
  3. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I find that white on black is very readable, & the font size seems fine. But you do have the option of changing the colour & the font size of your personal posts.
    Keith.

4. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    Reset your print size on your screen in your settings on phone or computer make reading alot better its you not us

5. Mekada

Mekada Master Survivalist
      270/345

Blog Posts:
    I dunno... Usually when I read this forum it is way past midnight in my local area so the black background and setup seems kind of tactical in that it works really well in low light conditions... Even on my 7 inch phone screen i can read it just fine.

Keith H. likes this.
  6. azrancher

azrancher Well-Known Member
      75/58

Blog Posts:
    OK, I'm out voted, I was really talking about the green (small) on black. But that's ok because I don't have to change my settings for any of the other forums that I visit, so I guess it's my problem, bye.

Rancher

7. Mekada

Mekada Master Survivalist
      270/345

Blog Posts:
    I am sorry that you are having trouble viewing this forum. I hope that you can look past the color scheme and see this forum for what it is... A great source of information and a place for like minded people to share ideas. I hope that you will continue to be a part of this great project and share some ideas of your own to help better the chances of our survival and learn something in the process.

Keith H. and lonewolf like this.
  8. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    LOL:D

Mekada likes this.
  9. Ricky Lach53

Ricky Lach53 Active Member
      33/50

Blog Posts:
    Always will be a complaint !!! I actually love the colour and size of the font and texts !!! Good job to the developers !!! Sorry if I misspelled.

Keith H. likes this.
  10. JimLE

JimLE Expert Member
      198/230

Blog Posts:
    i dont have the best eyesight in town myself.and i do wear the proper eye glass's when i sit in from of my pc.so i do find the dark back ground hard on my eyes.matter of fact.i do have to lean forward in chair when reading at least most of the post here...

Keith H. likes this.
  11. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I find the white script on the black background the easiest to read and yes I wear glasses too.

12. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I guess that unless we too have your problem, it is hard for us to understand the problem you are having reading this board. I run a forum & two blogs, one blog is like this one, white script on a black background, the other blog is white script on a red background. I find them both very easy to read. I am sorry that you have this problem Jim.
    Keith.

13. JimLE

JimLE Expert Member
      198/230

Blog Posts:
    it's not to much of a problem,yet :rolleyes: lol.it's simply out of my comfort zone when it comes to my sight..

Keith H. likes this.
  14. Rere

Rere New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    OK, I'm out voted, I was really talking about the green (small) on black. But that's ok because I don't have tochange my settings for any of the other forums that I visit, so I guess it's my problem .

15. JimLE

JimLE Expert Member
      198/230

Blog Posts:
    Yea.green on black is a issue.especially. while one is camping out.like i am right now.:)

16. Soum

Soum New Member
      1/29

Blog Posts:
    My vote to the color of the site is Good. The color combination of this site is also good. I can read and write on day and night also. The dark background color help me to write in night without any problem, it seems to be easy to my eyes and green front help me to see the words clearly.

17. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Expert Member
      158/173

Blog Posts:
    I hate the black background, too, and looked at the forum for about a week while trying to decide if it was worth having to look at the awful color scheme to be part of this forum. I like plain old basic white background, and black lettering, and a font large enough for me to read. Although that is not so important because I have an iPad o I can make the print large enough to read it when necessary.
    In any case , when I was perusing the options for the forum, I discovered at the very bottom, and option for "default style"and decided to check that out. I now see the forum with white background, and nice black letters, so it is possible to have it either way.
    If you look at the screenshot, at the very bottom left corner, you can see where to change the style and color of this forum.
    IMG_0654.PNG

18. PedroP

PedroP Active Member
      38/58

Blog Posts:
    To be honest I love the black background. It's easy on the eyes. I spend many hours of my day in front of a PC and a white, too bright background makes me feel like my eyes are burning. Plus who doesn't love black?

19. branchd77

branchd77 Administrator Staff Member Gold Supporter
      257/345

Blog Posts:
    Yes in the bottom left-hand corner you can change it back to default white background. Very bottom. I haven't worked on it much so some of the links will be missing but the main forum should work fine. I will add this to my list to make sure it gets updated. You can change back anytime.