Convincing The Ones You Care About

Discussion in 'Mental Preparedness' started by Kanagirl, May 26, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Kanagirl

Kanagirl New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    I've seen discussions regarding your family being prepared. But how do you convince everyone else you care about? My dad has been preparing since the Y2K fear. I know he'll be ready. But my siblings think it's silly. Several of my good friends think I'm ridiculous. I can't prepare for my family and myself AND everyone else. The canned and dehydrated food will feed everyone, but not for very long. And once SHTF it'll be too late. They read the news and know what's going on. They know anything can happen at any time. But they have convinced themselves there's nothing to worry about. It'll kill me to see anything happen to them. So, what do I do?

Keith H. likes this.
  2. SouthernMama

SouthernMama Active Member
      33/58

Blog Posts:
    There isn't really much you can do. If they don't want to be prepared, that unfortunately is totally on them.
    To me, my family comes first and I will make sure to prepare for them.
    I know it will be hard, but we will have to make choices if and when the time comes. And I will chose my family.

Kanagirl likes this.
  3. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    You try & prepare for those that mean the most to you, the rest are on their own. If you can's afford in one way or another to cater for everyone, then that is NOT your fault. Whatever you do, do NOT try & include others after it has all gone down, that would put you & the ones you care most about at risk, & that would not be fair to them or yourself. Survival is the name of the game, YOUR survival.
    Keith.

GS AutoTech and Kanagirl like this.
  4. Bishop

Bishop Master Survivalist
      335/345

Blog Posts:
    Well think of it like being in combat and someone gets wounded in you fire team are you going to use your first aid kit to help them

No you will use there's if they have not packed there first aid kit who suffers they do

If you use yours then something happens to you then you suffer

If they prepare they have a chance so take care of # 1 that's you because now a days everyone seems to be from Missouri the show me state.

5. Kanagirl

Kanagirl New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    Sometimes I wish that if I smacked them hard enough in the head they would listen. But that never works. Whatever happened to "better safe than sorry"? Itll make it easier as long as no one else knows where we'll be. If we're still at the house, it'll be one of the hardest situations I can imagine having to face.

6. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    prepping is similar to insurance, you hope you don't have to use it, but if the worst comes to the worst, your very glad you had it.

Kanagirl likes this.
  7. BethSztruhar

BethSztruhar Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    Unfortunately, if they don't see it, then you can't force them to be prepared and you can't prepare for them. My family is prepared, we have a room full of supplies, but I know that for example my best friend would be lost if something bad would happen. I can't help it. If there is a serious thing going on, you'll be more than thankful that you are prepared.

8. Deathisue

Deathisue New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    There is not much you can actually do, you have to worry about you and your mos near family, nobody going to care about you in that jind of situations, if they dont going to pay you atention just worry about the who hear you, it sounds very selfish but it is the SSad reality of the things.

9. GS AutoTech

GS AutoTech Expert Member
      232/345

Blog Posts:
    You can lead a horse to water BUT can't make them drink.. prepare yourself, that's all you can do