Do you hate people based on his/her sexual orientation

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by Vinaya, Jul 2, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Vinaya

Vinaya Expert Member
      143/173

Blog Posts:
    People can be gay, lesbian, bisexual or straight. Do you hate people because of his/her sexual orientation. In other words do you hate people just because he/she has different sexual preference. If you have this kind of hatred, how justified is it according to your opinion.

SimplyD likes this.
  2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    nope, I just hate people because their...............people:p

3. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Expert Member
      146/173

Blog Posts:
    You know, I used to hate people if they were gay or lesbian back when I was a teenager because I thought it was weird and I was a brat at the time, but nowadays I don't think of them differently just because they have different sexual orientations. Everyone is entitled to love whatever they want and as long as it doesn't bother me I'm cool with it.

4. Destiny

Destiny Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    I don't hate anyone unless they give me a reason to.

People who hate people for having sex with another consenting adult are just ridiculous, in my opinion. Especially, the people who use a religion based on love and forgiveness as an excuse to spread hatred.

5. Valerie

Valerie Active Member
      43/47

Blog Posts:
    Well said! haha

But no, I don't hate people based on their sexual orientation. People love other people. When you look at it like that, male or female, we're all just human beings trying to find another human being to love. What is there to hate?
    I'll admit that when I was in high school I had a fear of falling in love with my best friend, also female, but to hate the LGBT community? Nah. There's other things worth hating more, like drug dealers and rapists.

jeager likes this.
  6. Endure

Endure Expert Member
      130/140

Blog Posts:
    Never hated anyone based his or her sexual orientation. I don't even know anyone that hate them anyway, I know certainly people that feel disgusted by LGTB activism, since they think gay pride is ludicrous, why not also exists a hetero pride?.

7. tb65

tb65 Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    I can't hate someone just because of there sexual orientation. If someone makes the choice to be gay that's there choice. I don't agree with it because it's against my spiritual beliefs, but I don't believe we're suppose to hate people for what they do in there own life because we can fall short of God's glory also. The way I see it is I can't force my beliefs on any one but I don't have to change them, and no one can force there beliefs on me either.

8. amonda

amonda New Member
      1/23

Blog Posts:
    Why should anyone be hated just because of their sexual orientation? I don't necessarily agree with some views just because of my personal spiritual and religious views, but why hate? Who are we really to judge?

9. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08 Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    I dislike people when they have poor behavior or are acting in an pbnoxious way.

10. Vatheri

Vatheri New Member
      1/23

Blog Posts:
    Definitely not. I don't care about anyone's sexual orientation, identity, beliefs, religion, practices, etc, etc... Unless it harms someone else. As far as I'm concerned someone loving someone who has the same genitals doesn't hurt anyone else so if it makes them happy I am happy for them.

11. Moroccanbeauty2266

Moroccanbeauty2266 Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    I do not hate anyone. If someone has a different sexual orientation than myself, I am okay with that.
    The same goes for someone coming froma different cultural background, having a different religious or political affiliation or different skin color.
    I tolerate every lifestyle and do not believe in pushing someone towards living the way I live my life. Everyone is different and our differences makes us unique.
    If someone choses to love someone of the same sex that is their choice and their life. I have no right to intervene because they want to be happy. Plus, it is their life. Live and let live!

12. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    NO.
    Keith.

13. ByLilOneG

ByLilOneG New Member
      1/23

Blog Posts:
    I don't hate people based on sexual orientation or in general. I might hate certain mannerisms or behavior of an individual, but never because of sex, race, sexual orientation or certain choices they make.

14. djordjem87

djordjem87 Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    I can't say I hate people. I love some and I think other that I do not love are just too big idiots to waste my time on hating them. It is ridiculous for me. I am a very rational person and sexual orientation for me is yet another modern and cool thing to do just as gender orientation or whatever the name for it is. You can feel like a girl but even if you had your penis cut off you are still a man in my books. I do not see why the hate. It brings nothing. I am not a fanatic pacifist ( I tried to sound oxymoronic here) but as I said I am a rational being. I do not like to do things that bring nothing positive to me. If I get something from hating, I would do it. I would hate all of you :), but it's not and especially sexual orientation hating or race hate or whatever is popular right now. I can say I hate Red Star as a sport society. That is something that is much stronger that my rational thought.

15. iseeyou

iseeyou Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    Not really, although when i was younger i did judge gay people hard because well, they are different from the norm but I don't have that kind of mindset anymore.

16. ToTang45

ToTang45 Expert Member
      133/173

Blog Posts:
    No hatred is justified if someone is not acting specifically against you. I don't count people loving who they love, and me being a third party in that any reason for me to either get involved or choose to take offense by the way they are. It's none of my business.

Also, people can be of a lot more sexualities than that.
    Asexual, pansexual, etc.

17. hades_leae

hades_leae Active Member
      48/93

Blog Posts:
    I don't hate them, but just because I don't agree with their methods, I just choose not to be-friend them. I'm not talking about LGBT, but people in general, just because you don't like the way someone does something doesn't mean you have to hate them. I got nothing against military, but I don't care to know anyone who is in the military because I think they are all puppets in a way and don't know who they are fighting for because of the corruption in 2016.

18. rootle

rootle New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    I don't hate anyone based on their orientation and I can't see the logic in why anyone would. I can totally understand people being grossed out or weirded out by homosexuality. I can even understand why this may lead to people believing that it is immoral. But hating them for it is something that simply makes no sense to me.

19. ZoeZoundBarrier

ZoeZoundBarrier Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    I don't hate people for sexual orientation, but I am not too fond of anyone who flaunts their sexuality in public places. I think that flamboyant homosexual men making it a point to be seen and fighting to urinate in the same restroom as the opposite sex, makes it hard for me to like particular types of homosexual people. They are acting in a way that you would hate for a straight person to act and should have enough common sense to know that they are not going to be well received because of it.

20. BeautifullyBree

BeautifullyBree Active Member
      43/47

Blog Posts:
    I love people of all sexual orientations. I despise people who bully people about this. My best friend since second grade is gay. Growing up people didn't treat him very well and I never failed to stick up for him. My sister married a woman a few years ago. Everyone deserves a chance.

21. DaBozzLady

DaBozzLady Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    I think the Mod above said it best. Doesn't have anything to do with sexual orientation. "Treat people how you want to be treated" and "Know your worth", quotes to live by. Furthermore, who am I to judge. Sexual orientation is going to have no bearing on survival, imho. I think people need to wake up and focus on the realness of what to do in general, and especially if SHTF, instead of focusing on inconsequential negativity that will get you nowhere.

22. Vash

Vash Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    Why would I hate people based on their own personal preference ? It is their business. I do not hate or dislike people as long as they do not directly bother me or do something to harm others.

As the matter of fact, I have had a few friends who were homesexual. One of them was my best buddy, but he did not tell me about it until years later.

23. remnant

remnant Expert Member
      190/230

Blog Posts:
    Its not that people have lesbians or homosexual persons. The behaviour is what reeks. I have strong Christian beliefs and I can say without flinching that though they are entitled to their private love life, they would soon have to reckon with strange occurrences in their life first spiritually and then physically. Its one of the most revolving orientations anyone can imagine. But they should not be hated, rather, treated with love in a bid to wean them away from the jaws of this victimless crime.

24. katlarson9

katlarson9 New Member
      1/23

Blog Posts:
    If you hate someone based on anything besides the content of their character then you my friend, are ignorant. I'm sorry if that seemed a bit harsh, but it is 2016. Grow up.

25. shcoo

shcoo New Member
      1/23

Blog Posts:
    Absolutely not. Many of my closest friends are in the LGBT community and they are the warmest, nicest, most open-minded people. Sure, the community has its flaws and internal conflicts just like every other subculture, but they are human beings deserving of rights and support. I'm also involved in the art scene and much of my favorite work over the years has been born of gay culture.

26. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    An "ABOMINATION" is just that!
    I don't hate them I pity them!
    I have met many in my life and they all turn out to be insane, nuts, mad whatever you want to label it!
    What adults do in private is there business, but flaunting it and forcing it on children just proves the abomination label!

Most people under 50ish have for there entire life been bombarded with this rainbow abomination stuff that even there supposed own opinions are not theres but simply time enforced properganda! brainwashing of the mass's by the perverted!

Only the oldies here actually have had there own opinions on this that they still may have!
    You youngsters (50ish and under ) have never had an opinion of your own on this subject, it has been force fed to you from school, in the media and most others already brainwashed!

Now I hear all and sundry denouncing the above but really think about it carefully as to where you actually got your opinions from!

Ask a really old person that still have there faculties for a true opinion! you just might get a true pre-properganda opinion!

27. Sino

Sino Member
      18/25

Blog Posts:
    No, I do not. Personally, I think that's wrong to hate someone just because of their sexual orientation. People should be allowed to be who they are without getting judged for it. It's not fair to them at all.

28. jeager

jeager Master Survivalist
      272/345

Blog Posts:
    Hate?
    No.
    Listen.
    I've suffered 13 serious injuries, back broken 4 times, 3 concussions, 9 months in rehab learning to walk
    right again and suffer permanent pain in my lower back forever.
    ALL injuries at the hands of minority ethnic folks.
    So it goes.
    Had I not been disabled as Lieutenant of police, s.w.a.t. leader, etc. I would not have the
    FREE education + two degrees I now have.
    I did 8 years in supervision at G.M. after rehab.:D
    Still I hunt, fish, garden, enjoy my self.
    I don't hate anyone for good reason.
    Not because of who they are or were but because of who I am.
    My A.A. sponsor is a very, very, white gay man who lives with a very black gay man.
    I don't care.
    If THEY can stay sober why can't I?
    I do stay sober.
    Alcoholism killed both my parents and most all, it not all, their siblings and dad was from a family
    of 15 brothers and sisters.
    I'm a genetic alcoholic and doomed from my first drink at 15.
    I had no concept of the disease of alcoholism like medicine recognizes today.
    I simply cannot drink alcohol, nor take ANY mind, mood alerting chemical, even prescriptions
    pain killers.
    I went through that horror also.
    Addicted to morphine and other pain killers for 4 years and quit cold turkey.
    It was horrible.
    Today I know I deserve a better life addiction free.
    I love it and love me. I had to learn to love me as silly as that might sound.
    I take a non narcotic, non addictive, pain med called Diclophenac.
    Quite expensive but my insurance covers all but $5 bucks.
    Ahhhhhhh, life is good!
    And the fish are biting!:D
    My back is killing me right now but the prescription meds and an asprin works o.k. enough.
    There will still be pain but it's livable.

29. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    Nothing is fair!
    Is it fair that you were bombarded with properganda from birth telling you how to think?
    Is it fair that you only get one side of the subject as the otherside is denied access to information systems!

No sir/mam it is a rare think in this modern world where anyone has thier own actual opinion!
    Your opinion like the vast majority have had thier opinion manufactured for them by people unseen or heard but with many strings!
    Ask yourself are your opinions accepted by the vast majority? if they are they are not your opinions at all but ones implanted for you!

You will find most opinions most people have are manufactured and force fed to them!
    Think things through for yourself and reaccess all your opinions you might find they change somewhat!

30. jeager

272/345

Blog Posts:
    Arkane my dear sir.
    I can't find one thing in that post that is positive or I would agree with.
    Frankly I don't even know what it is you are alluding to??????

"implanted opinions" .............huh?
    Lessee...implanted opinions.
    Like when I was 16 and my father said I could not attend college because higher education
    was for smart rich boys.
    So at age 48 I went on to college and earned 2 degrees with an A average.
    Implanted huh?

Frankly for a poor dumb kid I have done pretty well and I'm not even done yet.
    I have excelled at everything that I ever wanted to do and not done yet.
    "are my opinions accepted by the vast majority"? H#LL NO they are not.
    For example.
    I'm a Christian that does NOT believe in heaven or hell one bit.
    AND I can back that up in many ways because I DON'T accept conventional "opinions".
    That flies in the face of conventional "opinion" doesn't it.
    But you've expressed your opinion and you are entitled to it.:D:D:D

31. wizzywiz

wizzywiz New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    I don't hate people based on their sexual orientation. Funny enough , i have never come across a lesbian or a gay, even a bisexual. Sexual orientation has nothing to do with hatred though some people may have different opinions and views. I believe that what gives birth to hatred is a bad character.

32. TheRealFlyness

TheRealFlyness New Member
      3/25

Blog Posts:
    I honestly could give no fucks what so ever about different sexual orientation. I am nobody to judge a beautiful creation from the heavens above. People in todays society just needs to get over themselves and live more in their life and not be so caught up in somebody else's. Rather you are male female or transgender it doesn't matter who you are having a sexual relationship, it's none of my business so I am nobody to judge.

33. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    nope, I just don't like people, period.:p

34. jeager

272/345

Blog Posts:
    Ya know.....................I kinda get that.:D

I like very, very, few people.

35. jeager

272/345

Blog Posts:
    In a survival situation a persons sexual orientation will be insignificant I'd think.
    After all homosexuality is birth control now isn't it?:D

36. Nela Civobeg

Nela Civobeg Member
      18/25

Blog Posts:
    I couldn't care less. As long as they are not freaks who abuse animals and children they can be whatever they want, even make love with aliens. It's their life and their thing, so to sum it all up. Who cares :D The only thing I don't like is their parades, unneeded if you ask me, even provocative to a certain point.

37. CivilDefense

CivilDefense Expert Member
      235/345

Blog Posts:
    No, I don't. What consenting adults do behind closed doors is none of my business. Just like my life is none of their business. Isn't freedom grand? I think it is. And freedom is for all law-abiding citizens.

That said, there are aspects to this debate that employ the use of pseudoscience and assorted nonsense to support a given position. That bothers me. Not morally, but rather intellectually. But in a world awash in junk science, fuzzy thinking, and outright flapdoodle, no one should be surprised. ;)

38. Nela Civobeg

Nela Civobeg Member
      18/25

Blog Posts:
    Mind elaborating more? I'm quite interested in what you are thinking of. I, too think that there are certain issues that people bring out that have no real connection to problems related to hate towards homosexuality and such issues.

39. Koala

Koala Well-Known Member
      77/115

Blog Posts:
    It is really nice to read how open-minded members of this forum are. I have to agree with everybody and say that NO, I could never hate anybody based on their sexual orientation. I couldn't hate anybody based on that, or race, gender, age. Hate is such a strong word to use to describe your feelings and I know that there are sadly many people that do hate gay/lesbians. However, I truly hope that it will change with time.

I even have a close friend that's a lesbian. She knew that she liked women back in high school. The boys always mocked her but I guess that's just because of their immaturity. I always tried to support and defend her when she had problems because of who she was.

40. arachnophobik

arachnophobik New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    I don't generally hate people because of their sexual orientation, but I do hate it when they start to shove their stuff down my throat. I'm referring to those who suffer from gender dysphoria, there would be times that someone who claims to have it would shove their belief down my throat that they are the sex to which they claim. I personally don't mind if they keep it to themselves, but if the shove it down my throat then that's a whole other story.

41. Denis_P

Denis_P Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    Sexual orientation is definitely not a factor which influences my judgment of someone. Things like sexual orientation, race, or religion are things which I do not account for when forming my opinion of a person. The only factors which I use when passing judgment are how you treat both myself and the people around you. Actions speak far more to me than characteristics, and someone who regularly does good things will influence me to have a good opinion of them. On the other hand, treat people badly and I'm not going to like you very much.

42. Robin Caudle

Robin Caudle Expert Member
      123/173

Blog Posts:
    I love/hate everyone equally, I may disagree with their choices but not hate, that is too strong a word.

43. Bishop

Bishop Master Survivalist
      335/345

Blog Posts:
    I treat people how they treat me with that said if someone hits on me and I say no then it's no don't keep doing it same as if I hit on a woman and she said no

44. PedroP

PedroP Active Member
      38/58

Blog Posts:
    I don't hate people based on their sexual orientation. What I hate is people trying to impose their sexuality upon me. I mean I've met gay people I have even befriended some of them and they were normal, cool-headed fellas. They had their jobs, their lives, their partners and went about their lives like a regular person. But a part of the homosexual population wants to walk dressed poorly, and make protests, make videos on youtube and so on. That I do not agree with. I see a lot of "GAY PRIDE" but why only gays can be proud? If I walked around with a shirt saying "STRIGHT PRIDE" I'd certainly frowned upon no? Double standards and hypocrisy. That's what society is about nowadays.

45. Scarlet

Scarlet Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    I don't hate people based on their sexual orientation. I hate people who do bad things to me even if I'm not doing anything bad to them regardless of their sexual orientation. God loves all people but He hates sin.

46. Neiltarquin

Neiltarquin Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    Sexual orientation niw a days is a sensitive topic. People must be oriented properly or you will be bombarded with idealist, expressing their hate to you because you have violated their human rights.
    I respect them actually. The only thing that bothers me is they sometimes over exaggerate things. They need to tone down a bit becase no one is actually hating them.

SimplyD likes this.
  47. Captain

Captain Active Member
      38/58

Blog Posts:
    Not at all it's your choice and why should that bother me

48. Jameson

Jameson New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    I don't hate people because of their sexual orientation.In this world it's always best to be nonjudgmental because you don't know what someone has been through.

49. airfightermax

airfightermax Member
      18/29

Blog Posts:
    No, I don't judge and hate people by their orientation.

We should judge people by their acts not of what they are. Because what they are is something they were born with, you cannot change that while their acts are something they truly have control of.

50. operator6

operator6 New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    I do not hate homosexuals but certainly do not approve of homosexuality.

GS AutoTech likes this.