Do You Have Any Bad Habits?

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by WildSpirit, May 28, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. WildSpirit

WildSpirit Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    I venture to say that this is something universal (and I believe that I'm not exaggerating in thinking this way), because I really think everyone has some kind of bad habit in their lives (some of them are harmful and some of them not so much... but they are still bad habits anyway).

Particularly, I have some very boring habits (which are not categorically dangerous), for example: let the wet towel on the bed (or anywhere else :D) and eating unhealthy snacks - I'm totally crazy about Doritos - very often. :eek:

What would be yours?

Keith H. likes this.
  2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Snacking after dinner, I have to cut that out!!!
    Keith.

WildSpirit likes this.
  3. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    yeah, I tend to say it like it is and my forthrightness tends to upset some folks.:p

4. Koala

Koala Well-Known Member
      77/115

Blog Posts:
    We all have bad habits, that's for sure. It's only natural since we're human beings and far from perfect.

There are many bad habits that I have, my partner could probably list them all, haha but my worst one is swearing.

Considering I am a female many men find it very unattractive when a girl swears. I don't do it in every single sentence or anything like that, but still. Whenever I get frustrated or stressed I start to swear :p I've been trying to cut it down but I feel like I'm calmer after. It's a really bad habit.

5. Xilkozuf

Xilkozuf Active Member
      41/58

Blog Posts:
    I feel like that is a common bad habit for many, many people! I've tried to cut that out but I'm just too used to it right now, but it's not that a problem... After all they are just some snacks, they won't hurt anybody! :p

But I also have some other serious bad habit, expecially in the financial area: I often buy things not that necessary at the moment, just because I feel the need to buy it or there is some kind of offer.. And that's a pretty worse habit that my snack-eating.

6. BethSztruhar

BethSztruhar Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    My bad habits? Where should I start lol. I have a lot. The biggest one is smoking. I need to put it down before it's too late.
    The not too serious ones are like: eating at 11pm when I can't sleep, leaving all my notes and books on the ground or if I'm before a hard exam I even sleep with them and then leave them there....someone could say I'm messy. :D

7. WildSpirit

WildSpirit Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    I think your bad habit has millions of fans around the world (and I was once one of them, but not anymore :D), you're certainly not alone on this journey. I remember that for me it was a "battle" to stop snacking after dinner. It certainly wasn't such an easy thing to do, but after much nutritional education I got it.

8. igkolev88

igkolev88 New Member
      1/25

Blog Posts:
    I have some bad habits that I don't even want to mention. But I will say that I am trying to get rid of them for good by replacing them with good ones. Everytime I catch myself wanting to do one of the bad habits, I immediately try to replace it with a different activity, training excercises, reading or just meditating. We all have bad habits but the question is whether we can eliminate them or not.

9. CivilDefense

CivilDefense Expert Member
      235/345

Blog Posts:
    I wouldn't say anything serious. I do enjoy a good cocktail, the Martini and Gin & Tonic chief among them, but that is in moderation, of course.

And I like collecting firearms, but most have a real purpose. The few that don't, well, that is kept in moderation too.

As long as a habit, hobby, or whatever, doesn't negatively impact one's life, well, enjoy. We only get one life on this blue marble, after all.

10. Bishop

Bishop Master Survivalist
      335/345

Blog Posts:
    I have night terrors and act out what ever dream I am in not all the time but enough it's not good and seeing that I have had them all of my life I don't see me breaking it wish I could

11. Eva.Ling

Eva.Ling New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    Erm...

1. Drinking
    2. Smoking
    3. Women
    4. Gambling

These are apparently the four vices in my culture that people say - men will have at least one of them. If not, he is probably not considered a man?

Rather archaic. :p

Personally, my bad habit would be my temper... and some anxiety with a lot of complaining, lately. :(

12. Harrysung

Harrysung New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    My bad is trusting people too easily. I am currently working on this has I have realized that trust should be earned through the matters of the brain and not solely by the heart and mind.

13. Deathisue

Deathisue New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    I have a few, among them is that I am lazy at times, I am also very trustworthy and I can become very pessimistic which can discourages the people around me.

14. airfightermax

airfightermax Member
      18/29

Blog Posts:
    Wow, that leaving the wet towel in the bed hits TOO close to home! I always do this too! Maybe I'm just really lazy because sometimes I just really don't want to do it.

My sister always tells me to hang it dry somewhere and hanging it behind our house is always a chore.

15. Jameson

Jameson New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    One bad habbit that gets the better of me is perfectionism. I generally don't find it as a bad aspect of my personality,but at times, I feel like it hampers my productivity as an individual and it blocks me of from realising the smaller details.

16. Tina Thompson

Tina Thompson New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:

17. Tina Thompson

Tina Thompson New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    Unfortunately I do have a bad habit, and that's smoking. It is the one area in my life that I cannot get a grip on. They are taking a toll on my health, especially since I went to rolling my own. They're so much harsher that way. I can say that I'm a prisoner to them. I am going to call my Dr. and see if he will prescribe me some Chantex, I've heard from a lot of people that they really work.

18. PedroP

PedroP Active Member
      38/58

Blog Posts:
    Me too Tina. I used to drink and gamble too and I have cut down considerably on both but smoking is one thing i cannot get rid of. We all know it's bad for health and i certainly wouldn't advise anyone taking up the habit but once you're in in it's hard to quit. I try and compensate by eating healthy and practicing exercises. I know one thing does not cancel the other but it's better than nothing.

Tina Thompson likes this.
  19. WildSpirit

WildSpirit Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    Ouch! :( I think this is a real bad habit that you have to get rid of as soon as possible. Just for curiosity: Do you work to improve this? This is something very discouraging. :oops:

20. WildSpirit

WildSpirit Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    Oh, I'm so sorry for you. But don't consider yourself as a prisoner (becuase you're not! ;)). You are aware of your addiction and are looking for help. This is already a great start. :)

21. Deathisue

Deathisue New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    I am trying, with the help of my girlfriend i am improving this little by little, is hard very hard , but i need improve this or get rid of this soon, is a cancer in my life and the only think he does is destroy what I love. i have to rig of this.

22. WildSpirit

WildSpirit Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    That's good to know this. :)I think the most important thing you already do, which is try to change that. The fact that you are already aware of the problem gives you a great advantage to be able to beat it someday.

Good luck! ;)

23. Scarlet

Scarlet Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    I won't consider it a bad habit but a character that perhaps is offending to other people, it's speaking what's on my mind. I know a lot of people would want to pause a little before they would say something to not offend someone but if I say something that is against my thoughts, I would feel that I'm not staying true to my convictions.

24. RosieCheeks

RosieCheeks New Member
      6/29

Blog Posts:
    I don`t smoke or drink, but my bad habit is wasting too much time on the internet. Very often I catch myself hanging in youtube or some social network. I understand that this doesn`t bring any value to my life, still, it happens over and over again. The best thing is to keep a schedule, not getting distracted by trifle things. Though, it doesn't-help always. I guess I am not self-disciplined.