dog collars ?

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Requests' started by Tom Williams, Aug 10, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    i had never thought of this but you tube. had a video on this a dog collar can be used as straps to faasten and hold gear. in place on packs. heavey duty they work well for this.

2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I generally use what is called bungey straps here.

3. Tom Williams

330/345

Blog Posts:
    dollar store has bin full from puppy to full size big dog for hold it on securely for a few bucks well worth it. large big one go around tree use d ring tie ridge line too i think itwork better than bungee cord or rope

4. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I've used bungee straps for years, tying stuff onto motorcycles to tying down the real door on the car with something large in the trunk.
    however I have seen lots of horse leather straps in some markets might give them a closer look next time.
    most dog collars in this country aren't leather, they are made from some inferior man made material and I don't think they are up to the job.

5. Tom Williams

330/345

Blog Posts:
    ive got bungees everywhere rachet straps chains binders rope . the video impressed me tho so i posted the idea

6. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    yes, i'm sure the idea has merit.
    I've always said use what you can get hold of whilst you still can.

7. MKprepper

MKprepper Expert Member
      168/173

Blog Posts:
    My misses works with horses so i get all the old leather straps, bungies, buckles and metal hoops and every now and then some leather dog collars. i think both bungies and leather straps are great.