Doomsday Preppers List of Supplies

Discussion in 'The Apocalypse' started by branchd77, Jan 16, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I would not know Tom. I can get close enough to touch an animal, I have rarely shot anything over 25 yards. With a smoothbore you would not bother shooting over 50 yards for reasons of accuracy.
    Keith.

2. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    My lyman 50cal is left handed it shoots round balls with 90 grains of 2f tack driver at 100 yarfds great rifle maxi not so well. It older and round balls best load

Keith H. likes this.
  3. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    90 grains of 2F is a good load for a .50 caliber, I used the same load in my .50 caliber in the Territory for hunting buffalo. I hunted at much closer ranges though.
    Keith.

4. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    I have a stand on tree line at edge of corn feild stand at middle feild 200yards long. 100Wide hunting my 71st deer this year

Keith H. likes this.
  5. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Best of luck Tom, nothing more satisfying than being able to put meat on the table when you need it.
    Keith.

6. Para173

Para173 Well-Known Member
      95/99

Blog Posts:
    Where I live, it is not illegal to store guns in a storage unit that you rent. Once you rent a storage unit, house or apartment it becomes your place and you can store anything in it. The guy I know, only stored some ammo in his unit and no guns. His idea is pretty simple. Use the storage unit to resupply himself and a small group of people as they move from Point A to Point B.

7. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    This thread " Doomsday preppers list of supplies " . After reading various posts it is obvious some can not accept mentally living in a truly apocalyptic world while others readily embrace it . I suppose some think directing traffic or finding where to rent a bulldozer constitutes a disaster and is as bad as they need to prepare for . Perhaps someone can give me an estimate on how long they think the water in the city pipe lines will last even if they do have a special key to open a water faucet . Planning on draining hot water heaters ? Not everyone knows about this but once S.H.T.F. this bit of knowledge will spread quickly thus hot water heaters will be drained quickly . Based on this assumption unless you are extremely wealthy you can not simply store enough supplies to survive Doomsday because now we are talking about years not days . Food and water supplies for the first few weeks is important but trying to store an indefinite supply of water and food simply is not practical . A location where their is an indefinite food and water supply is the only answer to indefinite survival . Think you will grow a sustainable garden " perhaps " if there is no starving people in your area to harvest your crop in the middle of the night . Doomsday preppers need to have a plan as where to make their stand indefinitely . Buying supplies for this scenario is crucial but supplies last only so long .

8. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Poltiregist,

And, ... and address the health care matters such as:

- an annual flu shot, the other immunizations, ...
    - plans to address changed optic pressure,...
    - plans to address dental pain, ...
    - snake bites ?
    - rabid bat bite, dog bite ?

TMT Tactical and Morgan101 like this.
  9. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    We have a stored food supply, & we grow our own. We are off grid in a forest, so we can also hunt for meat & forage. There will be a palisade around the main house & garden & the same with the cottage & gardens. We have our own water supply via rainwater catchment tanks. We also have two dams. We can protect what we have, so raiders should not be a problem. We have had to deal with raiders in the past.
    Keith.

poltiregist and TMT Tactical like this.