Duterte War

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Eva.Ling, May 23, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Eva.Ling

Eva.Ling New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    I read this on the news today. Any thoughts? Is it really the best way to deal with drugs - killing?

If not, what other ways?

And if you are in the midst of all this... what's the survival strategy recommended?

2. Kanagirl

Kanagirl New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    There are so many better ways to deal with a drug problem! I'm not going to pretend to be an expert, or to even have a vague idea of what the best solution would be. In a civilized world, murder is never the answer.

3. Eva.Ling

Eva.Ling New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    It is pretty heartbreaking to know that violence is employed in an extreme manner.

The drug menace around the world is extremely hard to deal with, I would venture to say, as it involves money, politics and power. All potential ingredients for combustible and lethal consequences!

4. remnant

remnant Expert Member
      190/230

Blog Posts:
    Its disturbing to imagine the anarchy Duterte has authored. The fact remains that in a war, the truth is a major casualty. I can imagine that alot of people have been killed by their compartriots through hit squads to settle scores as well as countless others incriminated without half of a chance to defend themselves. The crows will soon come to roost for Duterte one of there days.

Kanagirl likes this.
  5. Kanagirl

Kanagirl New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    I pray you're right. But a lot of people said the same thing about Kim Jong Un. The world have been waiting for those cross for a long time! And it isn't going to help that the US openly supports his methods. Well, Trump does, anyway.

6. Eva.Ling

Eva.Ling New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    However... isn't what Duterte is doing considered as 'cleaning up'?

7. Corzhens

Corzhens Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    This killings related to illegal drugs is a hot issue that even the UN is dipping its finger. They call it EJK or extra judicial killing which means there is no trial because the cops become the judge and executioner. When they think the person is a drug pusher then he is killed on the spot. However, those alleged EJK are not proven although I believe that some of those killed are via EJK. But considering the plague that illegal drugs is creating among the populace then I am for the killing. You just don't know how a drug addict would react because he is already crazed by drugs. I know of several people who are like that.

8. Kanagirl

Kanagirl New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    Cleaning up drug dealers, I don't believe, should warrant someone being murdered. Killing without being proven guilty is also one of my biggest issues. The reason a judicial system is necessary is no one person should be given the authority to murder someone based on their opinion of what the facts MIGHT be. If we want to go down that road, maybe we should clean up drug dealers and shoplifters, people who sell individual cigarettes on the sidewalk, people selling bootlegged CDs, guys reaching for their wallets with a 4 year old in the backseat, or any other number of reasons the "authority" found it necessary to murder. Also, what happens if you owe a cop 10$ so he decides that instead of getting angry he'll just call you a drug dealer? It's just straight murder.

9. Eva.Ling

Eva.Ling New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    I see. Thanks for the explanation. It is troubling to see the cops being given such authority.

10. Eva.Ling

Eva.Ling New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    You are right - it is straight murder if the cops just decide without anyone else to hold them accountable.

Kanagirl likes this.
  11. greymanila

greymanila Active Member
      38/58

Blog Posts:
    I live in the Philippines and honestly, our judicial system is so corrupt and slow that drug lords have been above the law for the longest time. Drugs are rampant and many crimes are caused by addicts or people gone crazy due to drugs.

It is an open secret that the police for decades do execute criminals indiscriminately without a day in court. It just doesn't attract international media. In the old days it was called 'salvaging'.

The Duterte war today is a bitter pill we needed to take so, once and for all, most of these criminals can be dealt with. And future criminals will think twice before trying to get into that trade. It's like culling the bad genes from the flock.

But I do believe it has to have a deadline. It has to stop soon because the temptation for using their position to get rid or enemies or competition will slowly creep in.

12. Seryoga

Seryoga New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    If I understand correctly, it is legal to kill drug dealers and this is not done by the police but by citizens.
    Who exactly hunt drug dealers?
    Durente war showed fact: who does not listen big brother gets ISIS in the backyard.

God Bless you all in the Philippines.

13. greymanila

greymanila Active Member
      38/58

Blog Posts:

Actually, some of the ISIS militants in Mindanao ARE drug lords, that's one way they fund their terrorist activities...

14. Seryoga

Seryoga New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    Who hunt drug dealers ? Police or ordinary peoples ? I heard that peoples hunt them and take reward for every kill. Is that true?

15. greymanila

greymanila Active Member
      38/58

Blog Posts:

Honestly? Mostly they're the police, and a few known paramilitary associates. Some people may think it is easy to take a life. Well, it isn't. Even among most of the police, to fire a gun to kill isn't automatic. There are only a few police who can do it. Thy're the ones tapped to do this work. They also have a blacklist of those drug dealers from past arrests or via eye witnesses. Those are the targets. And yes, they do get paid.

Seryoga likes this.