Endangered Bees

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by hollowgirl, Jan 6, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. hollowgirl

hollowgirl Administrator Gold Supporter
      85/99

Blog Posts:
    At the end of September, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service placed 7 species of bees from Hawaii as endangered animals. This sort of terrifies me. It shows how little American consumers are concerned with wildlife and nature. Most people will say they love nature and they do not want to see it disappear. But in reality, if it is destroyed for a *insert popular clothing, electronic store, or restaurant* they are more than happy to see it go and will embrace this new location to spend money. I have not heard new information on what is being done to protect what is left of these 7 species of bees. How can people be so blind to the role nature plays in our survival?

I found very little information on the endangered bees. Does anyone have any thoughts, concerns, or solutions to the nature we are destroying around us? Any ideas on how to slow down the destruction or even stop it completely?

branchd77 likes this.
  2. remnant

remnant Expert Member
      190/230

Blog Posts:
    It begs belief why people and indeed the conservation community don't feel the unquantifiable sentimental value of disappearing natural flora and fauna. A good place to start is to educate farmers not to pray their crops in the morning but late in the day when foragers like adds are gathering nectar.

3. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    it is said if the bees ever died out- and many are killed by chemicals/insecticides etc- then human beings would follow about 4 years after.

4. explorerx7

explorerx7 Expert Member
      143/173

Blog Posts:
    In my country, there is this concern over the ever increasing threat to the well-being of the bee population. Pesticides, Insecticides, and the American Foulbrood and Vera Mite diseases have been wreaking havoc on the bee population. While the chemicals are a real threat, I believe the diseases might be more devastating and would be more able to wipe out the bees because there are many protected areas where there would not be the presence of harmful chemicals but the diseases would be present everywhere.

5. Tina Thompson

Tina Thompson New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:

6. Tina Thompson

Tina Thompson New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    I am amazed at how blind people can be. It's gonna cost them their lives if they don't wake up real soon. Bees are an important part of the cycle of things, they are vital. I've heard talk of them going extinct for the past few years. I'll never kill another one. I live in a one level apartment complex and one of the occupants hung up a handmade bee trapper just recently and it was full of dead bees. My neighbor took it down and threw it away. Kudos to him.

7. SirJoe

SirJoe Expert Member
      143/173

Blog Posts:
    Unfortunately, it really comes down to saving their natural habitat and while there are reserves, they should be bigger. There isn't much information about this issue so I think that it might just be swept under the rug.