Environmentally friendly foraging

Discussion in 'Finding Edible Animals and Bugs' started by Damorale, May 30, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Damorale

Damorale Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    I love the idea of foraging when I go camping. I've found some good sites which I'm researching heavily, and I have an expert friend who said he can join me and guide me the first couple of times I do it.

However, a lot of sites that I see say that it's illegal and unethical to forage certain plants which are endangered species and that, at the very least, you should plants seeds of the endangered plants before eating them.

The more I thought about it, the more I started to wonder whether it would be more environmentally friendly to always give back to the land when you take from it, even if it's not an endangered species.

I was wondering if anyone has ever done this? Or harvested bulbs/seeds from plants you have foraged to replant later?

2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    and only take enough for your immediate needs, don't take all just because you can.