Fighting off a home invasion

Discussion in 'Safety' started by remnant, May 26, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. remnant

remnant Expert Member
      190/230

Blog Posts:
    Good invasions include burglary, murder, rape and kidnapping. The kneejerk reaction of most people is to call the police or trigger the home security alarm system. A good alternative is to purchase a bullhorn or trigger the fire alarm in threatening cases. Noise is a deterrent to home invasion. A person should get a noisebox that blasts loud sound effects to call neighbours attention to the police. One indispensable weapon of choice is the wasp spray which can reach 25 feet to hit any intruder. This will disarm them and cause them to be temporarily blinded.

2. John Snort

John Snort Well-Known Member
      92/93

Blog Posts:
    You know your home better than intruders and can use that to your advantage. You need weapons in every room in your home because you can't be sure in which room you'll be when someone breaks into your home. Conceal them well so no one can guess [you have the weapons hidden in plain sight].

TMT Tactical, lalakai and Chief57 like this.
  3. meganisonfire

meganisonfire New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    I would fight off a home invasion by keeping a gun next to my head at night. If I had a camp site with a tent I would put bells around all my valuables. If the bells go off then I am going to start shooting! Does anyone else think that this is a good idea?

4. QtheMyst

QtheMyst Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    Wow these are great ideas, thank you! I've been so worried because there have been a string of crimes in my neighborhood recently, and I am often spending the night at home alone. I didn't even think about the bullhorn, but this is a great idea. The way my house is situated, neighbors can't see much of what's going on, but they could definitely hear a loud noise like that. This is a perfect solution for me, since I don't want a gun.

5. Lakeisha Brown

Lakeisha Brown New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    I have guns in every room and two inside my room. One under my mattress and the other in my closet. If an intruder comes in I will take cover and place my aim on him/her. I'm going to shot and more than likely I won't miss. I don't give second chances.

6. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08 Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    Being a single mom, my brother bought me a steel bat to place under my bed so that I could protect myself in case of a home invasion. I appreciate his sentiment, but I don't want the attacker to get close enough so that I can use the bat. I never though of wasp spray as part of my "arsenal". Thank you for the tip.

7. Arboreal

Arboreal Active Member
      36/47

Blog Posts:
    Like anything else, practice practice practice before it happens. Check how long does it take you to get to where your weapons are, and to your "safe room" (if you have one).

I'm not sure about this, you should probably check what ringed the bells first, or you might end up shooting left and right (and, for instance, hitting your neighbor) after a stray dog wanders near your tent, or something.

8. tb65

tb65 Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    I think one way to stop a home invasion is to prevent it as much as you can. Having a security system that can't be tripped is a good start and being aware of your surroundings. A lot of times people make the mistake of thinking since they live in a area where there's not a lot of crime this can't happen. Being prepared is always the best way to keep you and your family safe. It would help to have a weapon in every room but knowledge of how to use that weapon is good too. Don't be paranoid just be ready.

9. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    Holy crap! where do you people live?
    Why the heck would you live there if you are in such fear?

Move! get out of there. Go somewhere better.

Location, Location, Location!

lalakai likes this.
  10. Corzhens

Corzhens Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    We live in a village with a security guard. However, the security and protection is not that effective since there are cases of burglary every month at least. last year there were 2 cases of break-ins with murder. A young guy waking up to a break-in was knifed by the burglar that was fatal. Another case was in the adjacent village where the burglar gunned down the owner.

For our protection against intruders particularly at night time, we leave so many lights turned on. In the front, there is one in the grotto that is beside the terrace with also a light and 2 lights in the garage (one in the inner and another in the driveway). In the back, there's also another bulb to cover the backyard and the side of our house. We have been here since 2001 and those lights, although expensive with electric consumption, seemed to have been protecting us effectively against house intruders.

PS. We also have 3 dogs.

11. Arkane

275/297

Blog Posts:
    Damn!
    Here I have left the car unlocked for a month once, no one touch it!
    Been here twenty years now and never had a problem! no guards, no dogs no problems!

12. Arboreal

Arboreal Active Member
      36/47

Blog Posts:
    Dogs are pretty good in deterring burglaries, vast majority of thieves won't bother dealing with a dog, so when they see one, they'll go and pick another house to rob. I don't know your situation, of course, but I'd wager the dogs were much more important for keeping your home safe than lights. It's a pity there's so much violent crime in your area, I hope it improves soon.

That's often possible, because people have jobs, family members to take care of and so on. I'm lucky to live in a country with very low crime rates, I've lived in a metropolitan area for five years now and nobody tried to steal anything from me since then, except for one homeless guy who apparently was also a pickpocket - but not good at all at this, fortunately.

13. Arkane

275/297

Blog Posts:
    I was always under the impression that the crims should be locked up!
    Not the people!
    Something really wrong there.

14. Ken S LaTrans

Ken S LaTrans Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    I was a police officer for 30 years. One thing I can tell you is that the criminal element will travel TO the more affluent areas for home invasions and burglaries. Why? The better stuff is in the better neighborhoods.

Street level violent crime is endemic to lower class neighborhoods...but as far as a home invasion goes, the affluent are the targets. So "Location, Location, Location" really doesn't mean a lot beyond an anecdotal response to an issue you don't understand.

Yes, there are home invasions in lower class neighborhoods too...but those are most often drug related, rather than a classic robbery of valuables. Someone believes that Dealer X has drugs stashed and a particular home so that house/apartment is targeted.

In more affluent areas, the goal is to steal valuables that can be sold to purchase drugs. It can be a problem anywhere.

Brownbear and Keith H. like this.
  15. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
  16. Oldguy

Oldguy Master Survivalist
      280/345

Blog Posts:
    Ken S LaTrans

I think Arkane was not meaning move suburbs/towns but to get the hell out of the USA as it has become a cesspit.

17. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Corrupt government must be disobeyed. If the government goes totalitarian, then the people must rise up in a civil war against all people who support the government and certainly against government officials. Cut off the power to the cities. Shut down as much of the power grid as is possible. Contaminate water supplies leading to government buildings. Fight a guerrilla war. Put back weapons and ammunition even if it is illegal to do so.

Here in the dis-United States, economic and social collapse will likely occur prior to the beginning of any civil war. Won't be anything to start -- it will have already hit the fan. U.S. cities are doomed.

And as I've said so many times before. In communist states such as California, less than 15% of assault rifle owners obey the law. The confiscation of firearms will instantly lead to random and frequent attacks against government buildings and government workers. The people attacking will be majority military and ex-military. Sheriff departments across America are disobeying state mandates ... right now ... even as I write this. National Guard units are NOT going to remain united and loyal to orders given that are repugnant to the concept of civilians being free citizens. Some soldiers will fight against good citizens trying to defend themselves against corrupt government; however, tens of thousands of soldiers will obey an officer corps who will have turned on the corrupt government.

Keith H. likes this.
  18. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Due to career type I've had to live in a large city just a few years back (subsequently, I've left the place). While living in that area for circa one year's time, there were two murders of civilized humans who had wandered into uncivilized areas. Also, there were two home invasions. During one instance, a mother and daughter were robbed, taken out individually to get money out of an ATM machine, returned, raped, and severely beaten. In another instance, a mother and daughter were coming home only to be met by monsters who robbed, raped, and murdered them.

I had a fellow try to get into my house in the wee hours of the morning. He stated that his car was disabled and needed to make a phone call. I had a pump shotgun. Spoke with him. He then went back to his "disabled" car and drove off.

This stuff happens now when we still have an economy. I've heard of invasions in rural areas. Thieves know full good and well that all rural folk are armed. Still they attack. It has gotten this bad.

When the SHTF, ALL BETS ARE OFF AS FAR AS THE "CRAZY-FACTOR" IS CONCERNED!!!

19. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    I often walk around my house with a handgun in my pocket. I just do. I like guns. Practicality-wise, this gets me used to having one of my little buddies being in my pocket(s). I'm not fearful.

I have a shotgun out for the wife.

When I've got neighbors screaming at each other or have unknown cars occupied by unknown persons arguing with neighbors, that's when the more precious toys and plenty of candy come out ... perchance to play. Y'never can say. Things are just that way.

I've got some folk who live nearby who I hope remove each other from the gene pool. They have their drug habit in common, so they get along ... for now. Sometimes their families curse and make death threats to one another just out our bedroom window. Have a chest-of-drawers next to bed that would stop handgun rounds.

If they begin killing each other, I'll call the emergency personnel ... after their bodies stop writhing.

For entertainment purposes, I'd pay good money to watch these "people" scream to death.

Keith H. likes this.
  20. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    From what I have seen & experienced I don't think there will be enough people here to fight our government, it would take something really severe on the part of the government to even make Australians sit up & pay attention! Further we could not possibly trust our Police service & military to do the right thing. Right now there is a firearms amnesty in place where people can hand in unregistered firearms. I do not believe this has anything to do with public safety. We have already had a firearms confiscation because the guns were registered, I don't believe that was for public safety either!!!
    Keith.

21. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    I used to strap on a hand gun every day when we lived in the Territory, can't get away with that here in NSW though.
    Keith.

22. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    home invasion is not something that's top of my list where I live but it was always a thought when I lived in a city, not long after I moved out someone tried to kick in a friends front door in the same area at 5am, they weren't successful but it was the first time anything like that had happened and was perhaps a sign of the times.

Brownbear likes this.
  23. arctic bill

arctic bill Master Survivalist
      360/460

Blog Posts:
    keith. is that why you use a flintlock? because it is allowed and all other not allowed

Keith H. likes this.
  24. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    No Bill, I have modern long guns too, but as a long term survival firearms I prefer the flintlock. Plus of course I am an 18th century living historian & experimental archaeologist, that is my hobby.
    Keith.

25. arctic bill

360/460

Blog Posts:
    I hear you, i am a american civil war reenactor historian . in fact i am off this week to gettysburg pennsylvania for the 155th reenactment of that great battle, i will be living in the 1860 for the next several days .

Keith H. likes this.
  26. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Arctic Bill,

One of the Engineers at this shipyard is a reenactor too and goes to the Gettysburg gathering annually.

He is also a scale and accurate model shipbuilder..and makes by hand very accurate ships...even small river ships to accuracy building the boilers and sails etc. etc. with great detail.

I enjoy talking with him and savoring the width and breadth of the history he knows. ...even down to how they set up camp when they moved to different locations in those days.
    Good Lord..they must have suffered in those woolen uniforms in those days...particularly in the heat.

Been to Gettysburg myself and have seen the Museum and Battlefield. Sharpsburg, Md. too....Antietam battlefield.

Fortress Monroe is here across town with it's casemate.

The Monitor and Merrimac battle took place here in this harbor.

I have seen the engine for the USS Monitor when it was brought up by diving teams. It was put into DryDock 10 at this shipyard and salt water sprayed on it....while it's holding tank was being completed uptown at the Mariners Museum in Newport News.

It was a sort of eerie feeling to know history ..to see history up close and personal ....by seeing this engine before most of America got to see or know much about it. Then to turn around in the same dry dock and see the huge bronze propellers of the aircraft carrier USS Dwight Eisenhower CVN 69 stored in the same dry dock. And then the Eisenhower herself towering above the drydock next door..in this shipyard for overhaul and refueling.

Numerous smaller battlefield sites are between here and Richmond/Petersburg, Virginia ...from the Peninsula Campaign and later battles.

Went to Charleston, South Carolina to see the CSS Hunley under desalinization. I was shocked to see how small it is having worked on current Nuclear Submarines.

Also the Yorktown Battlefield of Revolutionary War fame is about 10 miles north of me ...Yorktown, Virginia near the York River.

Lots of history happened here in this area...even before the founding of this country.

Still...when time allows I like to visit historical sites and learn.

Also what I found initially stunning by looking at the uniforms and other clothing surviving of that time period....was to realize how small was the stature of most people in those days......male and female both.

We tend to take our size for granted today..but it was not always so with most Americans. Most were much smaller in size than are we today. That realization was a wake up call for me.

Interesting what comes to you when you know some history...and see certain historical pieces ..up close and personal.

Thanks,
    Watcherchris

Not an Ishmaelite

Keith H. likes this.
  27. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    dd3974983265c08cd3b0fa90839232c5.png
    Keith.

28. L.Anderson

L.Anderson Member
      13/29

Blog Posts:
    I will fight them off with evething I can catch near my hand. Besides, I have good neighbors and dont have to worry much about home invasion.

Keith H. likes this.
  29. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    what home invasion??;)

30. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Unfortunately home invasions happen even when you have good neighbours, & the thing about neighbours is that you never really get to know them until there is a crisis.
    Keith.

31. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    some one a few doors away thought they had good neighbours until she found someone in her living room looking to see what he could steal for drugs- and he lived right next door to her!!!! trust no one and you wont go far wrong.

32. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    Years back I lived in a pretty shit area of West Yorkshire, during my time there I stopped two home invasions. One on either side of my home.
    On both occasions I used extreme violence and an improvised weapon that was "to hand," (I will say that a solid steel corkscrew works very well as a punch dagger)
    It is important to know the limits of what you can do and remain within the law, after an event of this sort it is also important to be careful what you say and to whom...your statement can be used against you. You must show that you were in fear for your life/safety and that the violence that you used was proportionate to the threat.

33. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    many years ago I lived in a bedsit near Plymouth city centre.
    one day I heard someone yell my name and I looked out and an old female neighbour was being harangued by the local thug- this guy had just got out of prison for assaulting a pensioner in the local launderette.
    I put my boots on and went outside, I stood by the old lady I just looked at this guy but said nothing, after a bout of swearing by this guy he turned tail and walked off.
    I did look pretty intimidating in those days, I still do according to some.;)
    a fellow prepper said on meeting me that if we hadn't met before SHTF he would have shot first and asked questions after!:p

34. Pigpen

Pigpen Active Member
      41/58

Blog Posts:
    my neighbors ex boyfriend tried to break in to her house. I happened to be on the front porch enjoying a cold beverage and called the cops. After the cops left she came over, we started talking and the next thing I know we have a regular "meet up" to talk abut current events and other things.
    I really miss her.

35. Travis.s

Travis.s Expert Member
      237/345

Blog Posts:
    I find attackers are generally cowards and will only go after what they preserve as an easy target.
    If you can make it seem like to much trouble they generally run away ( dosen't always work especially if there intoxicated ) at least that's how it is in my line of work.

36. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Bought three boxes of .22 long rifle ammo...500 count each..and put them away...

Also two boxes of .35 Remington ammo. Plan to get more bit by bit and put it away.

Question for the black powder people here...??

Anyone know what is the shelf life of Pyrodex black powder substitute?? I've never heard anyone say.

How about Regular black powder ...though you hardly see it around here now days??

Thinking about putting back some Maxi balls and round balls for my .50 Hawkin rifle. Also have a .50 black powder pistol...
    I like that set up...same bullets for both rifle and pistol.

This rifle is a very hard hitter within it's effective range...a real freight train as the expression goes...particularly with Maxi Balls though the bullet drop is significant.

But thinking about stocking up for this tool as well.

Thanks,
    Watcherchris

Not an Ishmaelite.

37. arctic bill

360/460

Blog Posts:
    Chris , first off let me say that your 35 remington is an excellent bear gun, the best one that i know of, as to black powder it can not go bad i usually have 3 -4 pounds , and 300 rounds of projectiles like mimie balls or round balls , with 300 - 400 percussion caps. I used to fire pyrodex but being a civil war nut changed to the real thing. a lot more caboom and smoke and fire

38. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Lately, my area has become infested with children. The state Game Management department/whatever puts out a folder concerning game and their hunting season(s). I've been looking all through this dang pamphlet and can find not one entry about child-season.

39. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Got a 20 ga shotgun with a rifled barrel? Got an average-sized wife or girlfriend (wife plus a girlfriend? I won't tell).

Listen, I just found some low-recoil slugs that have way more than enough killing power -- even for a 280 lb dusted home invader. Hornady makes what they call "Custom Lite" shotgun slugs. These are 250 grainers at over 1500 ft per second and look to be .45 cal or above. They are billed as having 40% less recoil. My wife isn't the best at handling recoil, plus she has arthritis in her hands.

I have tested Hornady saboted slugs at full loadings and whereas they are super-accurate, they do kick like a 30-06 in a lite 20 ga shotgun; i.e. many ladies would not handle this ever so well.

I'm not keen on using shot for home defense. Buckshot is maybe OK, however there are a many of cops out there who will tell you stories of buckshot royally failing to do the deed on a human critter they REALLY needed to drop. Slugs disable. Slugs kill.

It is sometimes necessary for the homeowner to shoot through walls and doors. This is why gathering one's family into one room is so important. Use electronics or a barking dog as an early warning.

Thus, I would add this low-recoil slug/shotgun combo to my list of home defense weapons to be used by not-so-big humans who are recoil intolerant. For this same class of homeowners, I also like the .357 lever carbine and semi-auto carbines in handgun calibers. For the latter, obtain stick magazines and get one of these magazine loaders by UpLula ("Universal Pistol"; 9mm to .45; other calibers are available). Handgun calibers leave much to be desired power-wise, thus multiple shots will likely be necessary. Carbine barrel lengths (ex. 16 inch) help increase the velocity/energy of .45 and .40 ammo significantly. The 9mm gets some increased power via a longer barrel.

075a3e4e8a7c89c6ae9dbbb5fe31b880.jpeg
    075a3e4e8a7c89c6ae9dbbb5fe31b880.jpeg 075a3e4e8a7c89c6ae9dbbb5fe31b880.jpeg

40. F22 Simpilot

F22 Simpilot Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    You don't want to sleep with a gun under your pillow. It could blow you away. You could, but don't cock it an dkeep the safety on at all times.

Another thing people foolishly do is keep a knife by their bed. Will, if he or they over power you are SOL and you better know how to use a knife.

The bell thing is stupid. Sorry.

41. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    No it cant' "blow you away"! Holy crap.

I'd be afraid a handgun would fall back behind the top of the mattress and the head of the bed, then I'd have to go dig it out or use a stick to get it out from underneath the bed.

42. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Holy cow Olde Geezer,

1500 feet per second is screaming in a .45 caliber bullet and particularly at some 250 grain weight.

I believe the olde .45 Caliber Long Colt is loaded to some 700 to 800 feet per second and it was and still is deadly close up. So too with the .45ACP. I am glad to see the olde .45 Long Colt making a come back in home defense rounds....made to order...because of it's ability to deliver some serious energy and sub sonic speeds.

You know ...now that I think about it...my friend out in Tennessee carries a Judge pistol with combination .45 Long Colt and also some 410 slugs in it...or is it called buck and ball??
    I don't care for those Judge pistols but I an see their advantage close up.

Now in a longer rifle type/length barrel...more velocity is possible but it is a freight train at some 800 feet per second...just don't get in front of it.

I don't sleep with a pistol under my pillow...I prefer comfort...to that.

Also I often have books, news papers, magazines, snacks and other stuff pushed over the side of the mattress and so too would it be with a pistol were I to sleep with one under my pillow.

I have one near..but not under my pillow.

Thanks,
    Watcherchris

Not an Ishmaelite

43. MisterHunter

MisterHunter Well-Known Member
      98/115

Blog Posts:
    If you have a car with an electronic lock and panic button. Keep the keys close by and hit the panic button, your cars horn will bring lots of attention very quickly. It is my advice to my daughters - they've tested from their residence and works well for them.

lalakai likes this.
  44. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Ok, let's go off in a more specific direction. If you are home and you hear your front door go down what do you need to do? I have some advice. (Big suprise). Don't wait until this happens to think about it and discuss your decisions with your family. Each member of your family needs to know what they need to do to assist you in the defence of the home. The first thing you need to decide is who is going to do the fighting. Everyone else can best help by doing the right thing to assist that person. In my home I am going after them. I'm not a passive hide and hope sort and will be stalking then in MY territory.

How can the wife and kids help me. They need to go to the place that they are supposed to be and then get flat on the floor. What that does is allow me to freely blast anyone standing and not in the right place in a dark house. Also by being flat on the floor they are out of the line of fire when the shooting starts. Any misses that go flying through the walls won't be a danger to my loved ones.

Each adult in my house is also armed. One thing that they know is that if the shooting stops and they don't hear me calling clearly that it is safe that the next person that enters the door to their area of coverage gets shot on sight. If I drop an intruder I will call out and let them know that I have one down and am going to clear the house. As I clear each room I will call it out and before I enter their field of fire I will call out to them and require a clear from them.

I also discussed with each family member what they should do if they are at home alone and someone broke into the house. My daughter and any extra kids were taught to grab their gun, close the door to their room and get in the closet and down low with the gun aimed at the door. They were then taught to start yelling to let the intruder know that they were not alone, that she was armed and if they didn't leave she was going to blow their ass off. She then was to shut up and wait. If anyone opened her door she was to shoot them. They were coming for her and she needed to defend herself. I made sure that she understood that I would never enter her room if the door was closed if I came home without clearing with her first. Everyone knew that was the rule.

My wife had more latitude. If possible her job as my executive officer if I wasn't there was to grab her gun and go to the daughters room. After clearing it she would go in and together they would defend that place. The big thing was that at any given time there should never be more than one defender standing. If she didn't think that it would be safe to move around that much she was to go to the door to our bedroom and get on the floor covering and defending the hallway that led to my daughters bedroom.

Each of you needs to sit down with your family and make detailed plans. WRITE them down copy them and give each person a copy of the entire plan from the moment of the intrusion to the clearing and safe ending of the crisis. Discuss this entire thing pretty often. It will need to change based on the ages of your kids and their familiarity with weapons and maturity of thought. In some families the oldest child may be a better second protector than the wife. My daughter was raised shooting guns and was very good with them both in accuracy and safe handling procedures. By the time she was 12 I would have rather her have my back than most men I knew. You know your family and even more important you know your home. Use this knowledge and you can make them safe.

TMT Tactical and Sonofliberty like this.
  45. lalakai

lalakai Well-Known Member
      97/115

Blog Posts:
    Many good ideas and I've added a couple to my own list. If at all possible, prevent it from happening. Lights around the house will go a long ways towards pushing the criminals to find other opportunities. Remove the bushes that are up against your house. Put a dog chain on your porch, indicating there's a dog in house. Work with neighbors so that you watch each other's houses. Don't let mail/newspapers pile up on your porch....advertises that someone may not be home. Leave the bathroom light on at night; if a criminal thinks someone is awake and moving around at night (going to the bathroom), it makes them hesitate and reconsider. Best defensive weapon is a short barreled 20 gauge, double barrel preferrably; easy to operate and a person may risk a confrontation with a pistol but a shotgun usually makes everyone reconsider. Plus you won't be punching holes in walls. Also keep loud whistles in various places, to alert others in the house that something isn't right. If you have kids in the house, make sure they know the rules and what to do if they hear the whistle....or if they use the whistle.

Morgan101 and TMT Tactical like this.
  46. kilo4okc

kilo4okc Expert Member
      176/230

Blog Posts:
    Yesterday my wife said she saw this pickup with no markings on it pull in the driveway, a guy got out carrying something, he had no uniform or other identifying clothing. before going to the door she grabbed one of my handguns that sits next to my TV chair......the guy came on to the porch and dropped the package.....apparently it was an Amazon delivery guy without his truck or uniform....they should be careful, that could lead to a horrible mistake, but the wife was prepared just in case.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  47. Snyper

Snyper Master Survivalist
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    People have a legal right to walk up to your front door assuming they didn't have to break locks or climb fences to get there.

Make sure you understand the deadly force laws in your state before mistakes are made on your part.

Brownbear and TMT Tactical like this.
  48. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    That is what steel security screen doors are for. Keeps solid door between you and the person outside. Second, just because it is an AMAZON box , does not prove the delivery person is from Amazon. Have the person leave the package and go, before you open the steel security door. DO NOT OPEN door for unknown delivery people.

Sourdough likes this.
  49. Oldguy

Oldguy Master Survivalist
      280/345

Blog Posts:
    OMFG
    What sort of country is so dangerous that people have to take these sort of precautions
    and actually think it is a good/normal thing to do!!!!
    Is this South Africa ?? Kenya or another African country????

Living in a state of siege must stress you out somewhat!

50. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Nope no stress at all. Just because I am armed does not cause me a bit of stress, just the opposite. I have locks on my door, so again no stress. I have car insurance against loss but again no stress when driving. Prepping is what removes stress. Be a victim is what is stressful. Since I don't have any ostrich DNA, I don't have my head stuck in the sand.

Sourdough likes this.