Fire with water

Discussion in 'All Resources About Fire' started by SirJoe, May 26, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. SirJoe

SirJoe Expert Member
      143/173

Blog Posts:
    I found this video sometime ago and wanted to share it here. The things you can use to make a fire can be mind boggling.

Here is a very different method of making fire. All you need is a bit of plastic film and some water to make the aqua lens.

Bigman.Chris likes this.
  2. Birla Andrei Marian

Birla Andrei Marian New Member
      3/25

Blog Posts:
    I don't think it is possible. Anyway , I should try it and I'll come back after that.

Keith H. likes this.
  3. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Water or ice can be used as a burning glass to concentrate the rays of the sun on tinder to make fire. I have seen it done, but have never tried it myself.
    Keith.

4. JeffHart

JeffHart New Member
      3/25

Blog Posts:
    I believe it is a creative way to start a fire. Another idea to add to my arsenal. I've actually seen a small, translucent white balloon filled tight with water acts as a glass globe.
    The sun penetrated the water-filled balloon (the size of a softball), much like a magnifying glass, produced enough heat in less than 5 minutes to light the kindling. I really enjoy new, creative ideas.

5. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Not much chance of lighting kindling directly this way, you would need to use tinder.
    Keith.

6. Xilkozuf

Xilkozuf Active Member
      41/58

Blog Posts:
    This is cool at a scientific level, I remember our science teacher showed us something similar years ago in high school. But on a survival level it doesn't seems much confortable...
    Based on the video and the comments of some users under it, if I understand you need a large area and the sun to be shining straight down (maybe the guy he wrote this is referencing something else, not sure about it).
    For me this is a too specific situation, not of much use.