Gerber Multitool

Discussion in 'Essential Items' started by lexinonomous, May 31, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. lexinonomous

lexinonomous Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    I feel that a Gerber Multitool or some form of multitool is essential for survival. You never know when you are going to need tools, but having one solid multitool could save you from a ton of sticky situations. The only downside to the tool is that it can be easily lost if put into a not-so-safe part of your pack.

So long as your mutitool is taken care of, it is a tool that will last you a long time. Personally, I have used my Gerber Multitool for all sorts of different situations. This tool can come into good use for something as simple as needing to open a can of food.

Do you use any sort of multitool?

Keith H. likes this.
  2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Some basic tools such as the tomahawk have more than one use, but personally I see the multi-tool as an urban implement. I prefer to carry the right tool for the job in hand when going into the wilderness.
    Keith.

3. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    I carry a leatherman mutitool allways on my belt along with my buck knife and brinkman flashlight and pistol of late i now carry my 357 more than the 22lr

Patriot Red likes this.
  4. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I have never liked multitools very much, I think they are very over rated and over priced, I prefer the right tool for the right job.

5. Patriot Red

Patriot Red New Member
      3/23

Blog Posts:
    I have a Gerber but prefer my Leathernan Wave and it goes on my belt next to my folding Shrade ( urban) Kbar in the woods.
    I never put anything of that high of value and importance in my pack .
    Multi tools have gotten me out of some real jams .

6. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    A good tool in your pack will not let you down when needed cheap tools are not the best to put your life on leatherman gerber both good work fine. I have a leatherman on my belt allways my bro has a gerber just a choice but a 5buck one from ? Morenlikely not worth the five bucks

7. JimLE

JimLE Expert Member
      198/230

Blog Posts:
    i have a Gerber multi tool plier.in which it's my 2nd one.i wore out my first one from being to hard on it.the one i have now,i do as i did with my first one.i keep it on my belt,so it's with from when i get up in the morning,till i go to bed for the night.and i've used it at diff times,and for diff reasons..i do need to get at lest 3 or 4 more,seeing how they do wear out.