Hand to Hand Combat

Discussion in 'Other Advanced Survival Skills' started by Aneye4theshot, Jan 21, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Aneye4theshot

Aneye4theshot Expert Member
      125/140

Blog Posts:
    During the event of a natural disaster or a catastrophe people's true colors will come out. This means that individuals that may have previously been harmless may become dangerous. This happens when self-preservation comes into the picture. When people are thrown out of their normal lives and into a chaotic situation often, many of these individuals collapse under pressure. Knowing good survival skills such as hand to hand combat could be the key in helping to protect you or your loved ones during a situation where times become extreme. When food, water, medication and other precious resources are no longer easily obtainable by going to the store individuals will turn to thievery and worse in order to get these items.
    upload_2016-1-21_22-26-39.png

If you are one of the individuals that are in possession of these items, it is highly advisable to you to know how to protect yourself. Not just with a gun or knife but also with hand to hand combat. One may learn hand to hand combat skills by attending local seminars at a martial arts academy or typically at your local YMCA. By learning these skills you are giving yourself an advantage, and a piece of mind that you will be able to protect yourself should the situation call for it. Not only are these good measures to know in times of disaster or catastrophe you never know when hand to hand combat will come in handy as a survival technique for you. Today's world is an increasingly violent one. Knowing how to react in a dangerous situation and knowing thorough and proper hand to hand combat will give you an edge over any would be wrong doer.

Ricky Jeringan likes this.
  2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    learning to protect oneself is good, but if combat is unavoidable you may have run out of options.
    avoiding a confrontation would be my first thought, if possible avoid contact with others-at least until you know their intentions, try to be the one that see's them before they see you-not the other way around.

Keith H. and Ricky Jeringan like this.
  3. Para173

Para173 Well-Known Member
      95/99

Blog Posts:
    H2h, hand-to-hand is a good thing to learn and it's also a good exercise as well. The key is learning a good common sense type of h2h system. I suggest a mixed martial arts because mma people are not limited to "one style." The mma is more practical in its nature of how and when it would be used.

Keith H. likes this.
  4. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    No excuse not to be armed with something!
    A good expedient is half a dozen foot long x 1/2in sticks sharpened to a point
    Lightly strap around offside forarm under a loose sleeve
    A quick and easy disposable stabbing weapon you can make most anywhere!

5. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    my philosophy is if we have to resort to hand to hand combat we've probably run out of options.

Keith H. likes this.
  6. Arkane

275/297

Blog Posts:
    my philosophy is if we have to resort to hand to hand combat we've probably run out of options.

About right there!
    Although there can be circumstances where hand to hand is the only option, rare though!

7. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    if that's the only option then they are too close and probably have taken us by surprise, OPSEC and Situational Awareness seem to have failed in this case.

8. Arkane

275/297

Blog Posts:
    Yep but I learned long ago that one is not always in control of there environment and must adapt!
    Hand to hand is 10% skill, 10%tools and 80%ATTITUDE.
    and it won't just be people you will need to combat!

When the world go's arse up around here I will have plenty to deal with! around here there are
    sharks
    snakes
    spiders many and deadly
    crocadiles
    dingo's
    Buffalo
    camels feral
    brumbies feral
    kangeroos big bucks
    and dogs feral
    not all in the same exact place but major problems all the same
    Feral dogs will probably be the most problematic as they pack attack now and will only get worse!:mad:
    I think everyone should get some real life training in countering dog attacks!

9. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    our main 3 problems here post collapse will be feral dogs and cats and other people.

Keith H. likes this.
  10. Lisa Davis

Lisa Davis Active Member
      36/47

Blog Posts:
    Sometimes, we all think of these scenarios as "what ifs" or "worst case scenarios," but unfortunately, it happens. I saw a lot of people go to blows during Hurricane Katrina. It was really ugly. People fought over supplies. People tried to loot businesses and private citizens of things they had that were useful during the emergency and oftentimes those people fought back. Sometimes they were successful, sometimes they were not. Even worse, I saw some pretty horrific injuries sustained by people literally fighting over plywood, food, ammo, and other things.

Keith H. likes this.
  11. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    The one thing that my instructor told me many years ago that I remember above all others is, "there will always be someone who is better than you somewhere"! Still very useful to know, but I will always take advantage of other options first before I take someone on with just my bare hands & feet.
    Keith.

12. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Mate, we already have that problem. Feral dogs & feral people are the biggest threat, but feral cats are a problem too.
    Keith.

13. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    no feral dogs in my location, yet.
    plenty of cats but not feral, will be plenty post event.
    people are more my worry, cats and dogs are just meat on the hoof(or paw) in a survival situation.

Keith H. likes this.
  14. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Not when the dogs come in packs Lonewolf, they are very dangerous mate & they will be in packs as they are here. We are talking packs like a pack of wolves, sure there are some small dogs in these packs, but there are also German shepherds, mastiffs, crosses. Pretty much every domestic breed you can think of running wild. They do far more damage than dingoes here & are far more dangerous. I am waiting for someone to ask "what about the animals in the zoos"?
    Keith.

15. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    like I say, not feral here yet. but I know what you mean.

Keith H. likes this.
  16. Kev Brown

Kev Brown Active Member
      38/47

Blog Posts:
    The majority of people who become desperate and look to violence to help them get what they want will be terrible at h2h combat. Any kind of practical fight training will give you the upper hand. There are mma courses everywhere which can equip you with everything you'll need in a short time. If you end up facing someone with a weapon or a group of serious assailants your best bet would be to run, as fast as possible.