Harvesting The Morning Dew

Discussion in 'Finding, Purifying, and Storing Water' started by Corzhens, May 15, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Corzhens

Corzhens Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    I had seen in one documentary about Africa where some natives harvest the morning dew. Using a cloth, they dab the leaves and grass blades to absorb the morning dew that later they press to extract the water. They do that every morning, so early before the sun shines otherwise the dew will evaporate already. Some children use their tongue to get the water. What's important is that there is water from the morning dew no matter how difficult to get.

Keith H. likes this.
  2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Tying cloth around your ankles & walking through the wet grass is the easiest way to collect dew.
    Keith.

3. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I misread the article title. I thought it was about mountain dew.

Sorry. Excuse me. Never mind.

Keith H. likes this.
  4. Miketango

Miketango New Member
      1/29

Blog Posts:
    I am from Africa, and used this method in the army, using my army tshirt to collect the dew, tit works well , as most of the grass seeds cling to the tshirt material when you wring out the water

Keith H. likes this.
  5. Scarlet

Scarlet Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    The importance of water will never be felt unless we experienced how to be with no water. For those people living in places where there is a scarcity of water and getting it the hard way, a drop of water would be like a gem that is hard to find but a life-saving treasure.