Having First Aid Items, Knowing How to Use Them and How to Find Them

Discussion in 'First Aid and Medicine' started by SurvivalGirl87, Apr 26, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. SurvivalGirl87

SurvivalGirl87 Member
      13/23

Blog Posts:
    First aid items are not something anyone ever wants to have to use, but it's something everyone should have on hand just in case the situation calls for it. Having first aid items on hand is as important as understanding how to use these items. There are many different places in which first aid items comes in handy. Remembering what first aid items are important and how to obtain them in the city when you don't have them is a great benefit. There are different emergency situations such as natural disasters, war, riots, and other scenarios that could occur on a moment's notice in any major city. If you find yourself in a survival situation without first aid supplies, remember to try and gather some as soon as possible. Common places such as drug stores and department stores will be looted during times of catastrophes such as these so you will have to think outside the box.

i4hg7I44OpMTPaVXAZQTf0CASFGZHAMu.jpeg
    Remember first aid kits can be found in semi trucks, fire engines, all medical facilities, and inside of factories and other buildings which have to be compliant with state regulations. Many times finding first aid kits can also be successful done by using basic scavenging techniques such as looking for items in abandoned homes and checking medicine cabinets, night stands, and even luggage sometimes. Basic first-aid supplies such as bandages, alcohol and peroxide, antiseptic ointment, Tylenol, aspirin, and other over the counter medications will be extremely hard to come by and therefore will be extremely valuable to you.

2. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    Compliant FAK's have little of real value in them!
    I ended up buying a case and building my own!

TheSurvivalEnthusiast likes this.
  3. TheSurvivalEnthusiast

TheSurvivalEnthusiast Member
      13/23

Blog Posts:
    That is great! Sometimes the DIY ones are the best! I truly find that to be my favorite as well as you can truly customize them to fit your needs for your specific situation!

4. Lisa

Lisa Active Member
      43/47

Blog Posts:
    If the world came crashing down one of the first things I would do is get myself to a pharmacy and stuck up on as much as I could, antibiotics, bandages, antiseptics etc. I'm also a great believer that paracetamol is one of the best drugs you can have on you, not just for its analgesic properties but also for reducing fever.

5. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    "if the world came crashing down" its already too late to get anything, that's the whole point of prepping NOW.
    in an event every drug dealer and drug addict as well as everyone else will be trashing and grabbing everything they can get their dirty little paws on.(the London "riots" of awhile ago were an example of this, albeit a small one).
    by going then the only thing you will accomplish is to put yourself in danger by the rampaging panicking mob.

6. Lisa

Lisa Active Member
      43/47

Blog Posts:
    I think that depends on what you know. For example I work in my local hospital and therefore know the security codes to enter the building, which in my opinion is a very useful piece of knowledge if I wanted to get my hands on medical supplies.

7. Lisa Davis

Lisa Davis Active Member
      36/47

Blog Posts:
    My first aid kit started as one that I purchased myself. Upon examination, I realized that it was really something that was not all that useful in a real emergency. I have added so many items to that little box that it has now turned into a much larger kit that I keep in a backpack-like bag. It amazes me how much they charge for those chintzy little kits in the drug store for what they have in them, which usually is not much more than some band-aids, Neosporin, gauze, tape, and aspirin.

8. cluckeyo

cluckeyo Well-Known Member
      95/140

Blog Posts:
    Investing in survivalism means being prepared in the event of disaster. Don't wait until it's already happened. It's good to have a monthly survival budget now, so that you can think about your situation, make some lists, and then work at getting stocked up, NOW.