Heart Attack

Discussion in 'Emergency Treatment' started by Xilkozuf, May 26, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Xilkozuf

Xilkozuf Active Member
      41/58

Blog Posts:
    It could happen that, while you are outside in the wilderness, alone, you feel like you are having a heart attack. What if it's actually that, and not just a feeling? Would you be the end for you, or there is something you could do to help yourself?

2. Koala

Koala Well-Known Member
      77/115

Blog Posts:
    You didn't say if we'd have anything with us? If I had a phone with me while in the wilderness then I'd call the 911. But firstly, I would, of course, take an aspirin. I always carry some with me. Then I'd lay down, remain calm and wait for help to arrive.

3. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    aspirin may help but nothing beats professional medical treatment.

4. Neiltarquin

Neiltarquin Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    What I always bring is nitroglycerine instead of aspirin. It works faster.

Now to answer the question. If you have water with you, drink lots of it. Water are natural anticoagulant. Remain calm and if you have a phone, call someone as for help and stay where you are. Do not force a self rescue.

5. BethSztruhar

BethSztruhar Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    This is why you should carry a phone, aspirin and water with you. In case of a heart attack or even a panic attack, you should call 911, take the aspirin, drink water and try to rest until they arrive. Nothing can beat medical help so no matter what, you have to call them to get professional help.

6. iamawriter

iamawriter Well-Known Member
      88/115

Blog Posts:
    Nowadays no one goes unprepared. If nothing atleast they would have their phone with them, However why would anyone go alone and spend time in the wilderness knowing there could be danger lurking around? No one expects a heart attack and so wonder whether they would have anything with them that would temporarily ward off the attack.