How Do You Celebrate Your Birthday?

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by iamawriter, May 24, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. iamawriter

iamawriter Well-Known Member
      88/115

Blog Posts:
    Today is my birthday. I spent it with a few who are close to me. Early in the morning a few friends dropped by and brought me flowers. Each one brought a single flower and asked me which flower I did not have in my garden and I would get cuttings of those plants. There were three in there. They will come back and get me those.
    I had lunch at a beach resort with a few close to me.

Attached Files:

• 006.JPG
      006.JPG
      File size:
      244.3 KB
      Views:
    • 014.JPG
      014.JPG
      File size:
      193.7 KB
      Views:
    • 010.JPG
      010.JPG
      File size:
      171.9 KB
      Views:
    Eva.Ling likes this.
  2. Xilkozuf

Xilkozuf Active Member
      41/58

Blog Posts:
    Happy birthday then!
    As for me, I don't usually celebrate birthdays since I'm not a big fan of parties or whatsoever... I just usually meet with my closer friends (very few, but good) - it's not easy as it sounds because we all lives far away from each other. Then just spend the majority of the day with them. Without forgetting family of course: evening and dinner with them, eventually with some cake.
    Just simple things, as I said not a big fan of birthdays and parties.

iamawriter likes this.
  3. wizzywiz

wizzywiz New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    My entire family usually goes to a restaurant whenever any member of the family is celebrating a birthday. Then we have a mini party in the evening with friends and well wishers.

iamawriter likes this.
  4. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I don't celebrate my birthday, it just means i'm a year older that's all.

5. AWPEK

AWPEK New Member
      3/25

Blog Posts:
    I celebrate my birthday by going to a Chinese buffet restaurant, Mexican restaurant, ordering a cake, or just ask for something I long for as part of my celebration. However, I am currently 18 years old and plan on getting a job, so once I can finally earn money there won't be a need for a birthday celebration since I can just buy the things I want and also I won't always be at home to celebrate much of it. Though I would just prefer a simple ''Happy Birthday'' in the morning to show an appreciation for my birth and it also shows a sign of a celebration occurring in a way.

iamawriter likes this.
  6. iamawriter

88/115

Blog Posts:
    I only celebrate milestone birthdays. The last milestone birthday I celebrated by throwing a party for the less privileged. This year it was just a few close to me. I took them to a beach resort and we had lunch there. Ofcourse there will be phone calls and sms messages loaded . But I do not like my phone ringing the whole day on one day and then dead throughout the year:rolleyes:

7. iamawriter

88/115

Blog Posts:
    That's a nice way to celebrate a birthday when the family gets an opportunity to spend time together over dinner or lunch and that small party in the evening creates memories that will be stored your memory folder to reminisce whenever you have some time to do it. Do you have to travel far to get into a restaurant?

8. EarlAlexander

EarlAlexander New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    You really must have enjoyed your day. I like celebrating my birthday on a low key and it would just be me and my loved one, but people are invited if they care. But I love to receive messages wishing me a happy birthday, its really cool.

9. Bishop

Bishop Master Survivalist
      335/345

Blog Posts:
    Happy birthday

iamawriter likes this.
  10. Eva.Ling

Eva.Ling New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    Hey, happy birthday!

I used to love going out to celebrate but these days, just a quiet dinner with someone special or a few close friends would do.

iamawriter likes this.
  11. iamawriter

88/115

Blog Posts:
    As long a you are not alone as a song has a line that says "...................Then I came home all by myself and lit the candle.............":) Those days , however, are not far when everyone will be busy with their own life. Nowadays one gets wishes if one has a FaceBook account. I do not publish my birthday there. I do not like someone being reminded to wish me.

12. iamawriter

88/115

Blog Posts:
    Thank you. When is yours and how do you normally celebrate it. Hope you have someone to wish you. Do not worry here is someone who wished himself. It is a very old song but I just listening to it. Enjoy

13. Clara1993

Clara1993 Active Member
      38/58

Blog Posts:
    Happy belated birthday Dear Iam, I would sing for you but Let me keep it for the next birthday, Well I like to spend like 2 hours of my birthdays looking back in my Dairy and Checking on My Goals and see those I wa able to accomplish and those I couldn't and set new technics and new goals.
    and when it comes to celebrate I invite my best friends And Take them out With a cake and get drunk That's few things of what I do, but the goal is to add life on that day and really feel alive :)

iamawriter likes this.
  14. Bishop

Bishop Master Survivalist
      335/345

Blog Posts:
    I go too veterans day parade and hunt at night we eat oysters on the camp fire grill

Clara1993 likes this.
  15. iamawriter

88/115

Blog Posts:
    Looking back at your goals to see if there are any pending is a splendid way to spare a few hours of your birthday to this task. Going out with friends is what I did too. We have a beautiful beach resort here where I entertained them to lunch.

Clara1993 likes this.
  16. Eva.Ling

Eva.Ling New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    I know what you mean... those friends who remember you will remember without being reminded. :D

17. PedroP

PedroP Active Member
      38/58

Blog Posts:
    Quite frankly im not a very big fan of birthdays. Mostly because i get lots of people calling me and I hate attention. Also, i have some relatives that wouldn't even care if I died tomorrow calling me to pretend they care. Hypocrisy makes me sick. Anyway, the presents are good so I supposed not everything is lost.

18. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    i don't celebrate my birthday, it just means i'm a year older, other than that its like any other day.

19. Koala

Koala Well-Known Member
      77/115

Blog Posts:
    Aw, it seems like I am a bit late to the party but regardless, iamawriter, I wish you a very happy late birthday and hope that all your wishes come true!

I don't really do anything big on my birthday. Our routine is to always gather and either come to my house or my families. Then we usually order the food since it would take too long to make it for us all (there's many of us, from the uncle's side). We eat and talk late into the night. I believe that's the best kind of birthday. Nothing too fancy but just to be surrounded with the ones that mean a lot to you and the ones that you love. I don't actually care about turning a year older or anything like that.

20. Vinaya

Vinaya Expert Member
      143/173

Blog Posts:
    My borthday is always a silent affair. When I was a teenageer, on my birthday I took some of my friends for a dinner. There was no cake, no clandle and no happy birthday song. These days every year on my birthday, I have a little dinner party in my home with my family. My birthday is just a family dinner and the only difference is I am treated little special.

21. kgord

kgord Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    I usually go out to eat. My past birthday I did nothing, but I had lots of free dine out gift cards that I got to use all month. I kind of celebrate the entire month of my birthday with various freebies. It is a good month!

22. PedroP

PedroP Active Member
      38/58

Blog Posts:
    It's the best thing to do in my opinion. I fancy a quiet dinner with family or maybe a beer with my pals and my girlfriend. Like I said I hate attention. The fewer people knowing what's going on in my life the happier I am. I hate social networks for that same reason.

23. explorerx7

explorerx7 Expert Member
      143/173

Blog Posts:
    I don't usually make a big deal of my birthday. It's just a day for giving thanks to God for allowing me to live for another year.

24. Soum

Soum New Member
      1/29

Blog Posts:
    I usually don't celebrate my birthday, but on my recent birthday I celebrate because it was my 18th birthday. In the bar with full of beers and wines just Me and my 3 friends. I really want to celebrate my birthday like an animal in the jungle at night in camp fire with the beers and blades. Yeah! I love knives and blades like karambit, flip knife, etc. I wish i had a knife which has a camo design in knives.

25. Scarlet

Scarlet Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    Happy Birthday to you! I usually celebrate my birthday with my family and friends. For the last two years of my birthday, I celebrated with different group of friends. My friends in the church the other year and my high school classmates last year. This year I'm thinking of celebrating it with another group of friends.

26. Jameson

Jameson New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    I rarely celebrate my birthday. I don't find it compulsory that I have to go out with friends and family to celebrate.Even sending me a birthday message is more than enough.

27. airfightermax

airfightermax Member
      18/29

Blog Posts:
    I am pretty late to say this but I want to say Happy birthday to you!

I celebrate my birthday with my immediate family and some very close friends. Just a really small gathering. I am not complaining though as this is exactly what I want. I do not throwing huge parties as I am not that social anyway.

Also, celebrating it with who you really care is pretty great.

28. CivilDefense

CivilDefense Expert Member
      235/345

Blog Posts:
    I don't do anything specific on my birthday. I've never found it an important event in any sense of the word. It is just another day.

We do have a small gathering, gifts, etc., for our children's birthdays though and they enjoy said immensely.

29. ToTang45

ToTang45 Expert Member
      133/173

Blog Posts:
    You know, it's not long passed since my birthday and most people, including my family forgot it.
    I'm not on social media, which most people rely on these days for this kind of thing, as it's actually made people anti-social and frankly lazy and I'm also not so juvenile to make a huge fuss over something so trivial and I actually prefer people forget because people treating me like a child "cos it's your birthday" serves to do nothing but annoy me.

I mean, whoop-dee-doo I'm a year older. That stopped being special when I stopped earning privledges I acre about with age - like a later bedtime, better pay or the ability to drive.