How Do You Imagine Your Life, Living In The Nature?

Discussion in 'Newbie Corner' started by BethSztruhar, May 28, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. BethSztruhar

BethSztruhar Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    If you'd have to live in the nature, how do you imagine it? Where? Would you build a lovely wooden house? Would you go and buy your groceries or hunt?
    I'd love to hear your scenarios!

Keith H. likes this.
  2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I built a wooden house in a forest. After 20 years or more of living without electricity, growing our own vegies & hunting for meat with a muzzle-loader, we had another wooden house built. This one is not far from the house that I built myself in the same forest. It has solar power & is totally self serving, totally off grid & off all services. We still grow our own food.
    Keith.
    [​IMG]
    Elm Cottage in Wychwood Forest.
    [​IMG]
    Linstock house in Wychwood Forest with Elm Cottage in the background.

Denis_P and BethSztruhar like this.
  3. BethSztruhar

BethSztruhar Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    Wow Keith, this is amazing!!!! I'd love to live there. Great jon building this life! I love the Black and white photo with the current, colored one. This really shows the effort and the progress.

Keith H. likes this.
  4. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Thank you Beth, appreciated.
    Regards, Keith.

BethSztruhar likes this.
  5. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    i'd rather live amongst nature than live amongst other people.

Keith H. likes this.
  6. WildSpirit

WildSpirit Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    I love nature, but I really can't imagine myself living in it. I could live for a few days, weeks or months... But not forever. My pace of life is extremely agitated and if I had
    to live in nature I certainly wouldn't adapt so easily (although eventually I would be overcome by fatigue at some point :rolleyes:).

Sorry, mother nature. :D

7. RosieCheeks

RosieCheeks New Member
      6/29

Blog Posts:
    If I had a chance to leave the city and move to the countryside I wouldn`t even hesitate. I prefer fresh air and green trees to stuffy city jungles.No architectural miracle will ever compare to a gorgeous natural landscape. It sounds weird, but village life is far more entertaining for me than city one with agitated centres, crowded shopping malls and busy nightlife. I wish someday my dream come true and I would have a cosy small cottage in some picteresque quiet village.
    [​IMG]

8. Neiltarquin

Neiltarquin Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    I grew up in 90's and I'm a Filipino. So probably I'm gonna do well. Its be as hard as hell but I know I can manage.

9. Denis_P

Denis_P Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    If I had to settle down somewhere in nature, I would undoubtedly choose a forested area by a river. A constant, dependable source of fresh water that isn't too far away would be essential for long term living. If possible I'd like to live self sufficiently by growing and/or gathering all the food that I'd need.

But if possible it would be lovely to live as a nomad as well. Traveling location to location with the seasons, gathering food and everything I need along the way. Though I think this method would be far harder to sustain alone for a long period of time. Much more unstable.

10. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I lived on a small piece of land, shot small game with an air rifle and cooked over a camp fire, water from the river, grew my own food and lived in an old gypsy caravan, the only reason I don't live there now is I don't own the land and its been sold.

11. rose thornes

rose thornes New Member
      3/29

Blog Posts:
    I'm a nature lover. Living in the nature would be relaxing, quite and away from air pollution in the city. Growing your own food and picking fruits and vegetables in your yard would be fun. That's why I preferred to live in the small province where I can mingled with nature rather than in crowded city.

12. Corzhens

Corzhens Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    My sister had bought a 5-hectare land that she plans to stay in for retirement. It is near the foot of the mountain. And although the location is not really remote, the place looks like a part of the wilderness. She had already built a 2-bedroom house and a quarter for the workers - gardener, housemaid, etc. I am also dreaming of such a house but I don't think I would relish hunting for my food. That land of my sister is 30 minutes away by car from the nearest supermarket. It is like a mix of nature and civilization. Such a nice place.

13. Zeyad

Zeyad New Member
      3/29

Blog Posts:
    First off I wouldn't want to be alone in this so I would have at least 1 friend with me, secondly I would start off with a hammock and the longer I stay the better my "house" would be. Start growing my own fruits and vegetables over time for a sustainable food source, even make a little farm and place animals on it so they can breed which will also allow me to have another reliable protein sorce. Over time I will start to make games so me and my friend can play in our free time and yeah just develop more and more each time.

14. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    and what if you couldn't find a friend? just not bother, give up?
    we cant always have everything we want, sometimes its dictated by chance, by fate.
    I know some people don't seem to be able to exist without someone else, like they need an audience to tell them how wonderful they are- my SIL is one such person.