How Do You Survive an Abduction?

Discussion in 'Other Not Listed Situations' started by gracer, Jul 7, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. gracer

gracer New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    Lately I have been seeing a lot of news stories regarding abductions and then after a few days the dead body of the person who has gone missing is found somewhere. Just yesterday I just watched a news report regarding a businessman who was found dead in an empty lot after he has been missing for a number of days. Seeing these kinds of news stories couldn't help but make me think about what the abducted person experienced the whole time he/she was abducted. Are there any ways or means of ever getting out of an abduction alive? How can one ever survive an abduction?

Keith H. likes this.
  2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    We have a saying, "Better to be tried by 12 than to be carried by 6" . Carrying items for self-defense in Australia is illegal!!! Where ever you live I suggest you carry something on you that can be used for your defense. Pepper spray if you can get it, perfume spray or bug spray if not.

ALWAYS fight back. People are generally subdued with threats of violence or death. They are likely to kill you anyway, so ignore any & all threats & run if you can & fight if you can't get away. Scream, make noise, break windows, give it all you have. Your life depends on it.

BE AWARE at all times, the parked car, the person standing opposite the car/van. Stick to busy public areas whenever possible. If your gut tells you something is wrong, act on that. Cross the road, turn back, do whatever you have to do to avoid this potential threat. If you are wrong, nothing lost, just time. Remember, a gun in the back or a knife at your ribs is to be ignored.

You have weapons you can use, the heel of your shoe on their feet or ankle. Your knee in their groin. Your elbows in their gut or twist & elbow to the side of the head. The main thing is to MOVE, break free. If two grab you scream & drop, go limp, dead weight. Kick, do whatever you have to do to create a noise & a scene & break loose if you can. Scream for HELP.

gracer likes this.
  3. My3Sons_NJ

My3Sons_NJ New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    That may work in Australia but, in America, the cities that restrict the ability of the citizens to carry items for self-defense the most tend to have most of the citizens get killed. Screaming when being abducted is of critical importance but it may not be enough, especially in inner cities, where people are numb due to the apparently endless cycle of violence, and in rural areas, where no one may be around to hear you. Pepper spray, a taser or even a concealed weapon may be needed to truly safeguard your safety.

gracer likes this.
  4. Valerie

Valerie Active Member
      43/47

Blog Posts:
    This is the sad truth. America is has become desensitized to violence, and so it seems to happen so frequently anymore. Violence shouldn't be a societal norm. I also agree that OC spray is something worth carrying around. Male or female, a shot of capsicum to an attacker's eyes can give you more than enough time to run away screaming.

Now that I'm in Japan, I rarely see news reports of violent crimes unless it comes in the form of domestic violence. Since weapons are heavily controlled, even walking around with a Swiss Army knife becomes problematic. You can even get criminally charged for spraying someone with maximum strength pepper spray. So here, the best way to avoid abduction or any kind of assault is to stick to crowded areas and use your voice. People react quite quick to vocal outbursts.

gracer likes this.
  5. gracer

gracer New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    Those are really good points to remember @Keith H. As a woman, I also find it handy to carry a pepper spray or anything that can be sprayed on the eyes of attackers to allow time for me to run away. The thought of being abducted really gives me the goosebumps especially these days when more people seem to have the ability to commit crimes against their fellowmen.

I also agree with @My3Sons_NJ and @Valerie with people getting used to seeing violence around them nowadays that even when you scream for help, no one would respond because of fear of being involved. It's a sad truth but it's such a different world we have now compared before when people were more peaceful and caring for each others' well being.

6. cecejailer

cecejailer New Member
      3/23

Blog Posts:
    Wow defense weapons are also illegal here in Brazil. I just can't put in my mind that having a pepper spray is illegal. As a woman, this scares me a lot. I've been thinking about buying a small switchblade just for this, because the world is so scary these days. You never know when a car will pull up next to you and force you to get in, or when a rapist will make you his target. Just today my friend called me in tears because she got mugged and was so scared. And mugging is the best case scenario, if you really think about it. So I still think the best way to avoid abduction or any of these things, is just to mind the neighborhood you're in, and walk with other people unless it's absolutely not possible.

gracer likes this.
  7. gracer

gracer New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    I do remember one of the basic advises when it comes to walking or going out in safety, always make sure that you walk or stay with a group whenever you're out especially on the streets. As they say, there's definitely strength in numbers. Another advantage of being with a group if ever one still gets abducted is the chance that the abduction will immediately be reported to the authorities.

8. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    these abductions are usually someone that has money-lots of it- or relatives that do, the likes of thee or me being abducted are second to unlikely!!:p