How Many Times A Day Do You Brush Your Teeth?

Discussion in 'General Q&A' started by WildSpirit, Jun 4, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. WildSpirit

WildSpirit Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    fUj0bUxfQaaV92gZ7ncbToSD7vhWTqlc.png

We all know that oral hygiene is something extremely important to our mouth and to our health in general. It's a process that must be done daily. But what would be the ideal recommendation for a successful oral hygiene?

How many daily toothbrushes do you consider to be ideal?

Particularly, I brush my teeth 3 times a day (after breakfast, after lunch and after dinner). More than that I find it unnecessary, a little overkill actually.

The Innkeeper likes this.
  2. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    Holy shitte! only three times a day!
    My mrs used to brush twice a day and she always had sweet smelling breath but a troublesome gut!
    She wore the enamel from her teeth and they got infected and she could not brush for four weeks straight, that nearly drove her mad but after two weeks her troublesome
    gut had vanished!
    She now has a full set of false teeth she got at 45yo and brush's them in the basin!

Excessive teeth brushing will destroy your teeth all for sweet smelling breath!
    I still have most of my original teeth except a few damaged in fights, I am 58yo and my teeth are not britey whities and my breath is not the best but they are still my teeth and I can still bite a clean chunk out of my steak!
    I may brush my teeth once a week and before any special occasions!
    My ex with the full set of falsies go's batshit crazy every time she sees me and I give her a big smile! she used to tell me I would loose all my teeth by the end of my fourties and she would have her pearly whites into her sixties Stupid bitch she is!

If teeth were meant to be brushed daily we would have developed a brushfinger! but we have not!
    Whats more important good breath or your own teeth?

3. Lexcion

Lexcion New Member
      1/25

Blog Posts:
    I actually just brush my teeth once a day. I just do it once in the morning and my breath smells alright, but I've never personally asked someone so maybe it smells like garbage. My teeth also look fairly clean so I never changed my habit. I definitely would not recommend brushing your teeth at all; my dad and his friend never brushed his teeth and eventually combined with smoking, both of their teeth got really black and nasty.

4. AntwanCeja

AntwanCeja New Member
      1/25

Blog Posts:
    Okay, even knowing that I will get embarrassed, I have to admit that I only brush my teeth once a day, and that is only in the mornings.. Okay, I sometimes brush them again a little bit after i have my lunch, and that is only if im meeting up with somebody. The thing is I really hate knowing that the toothpaste we get to buy at any place contains fluoride. Supossedly we don't even need that crap. So the lesser we get to put it in our system, the better. I have heard about this organic toothpastes but I just never get to find it, and I am just too lazy to order them online. But yeah, I only brush my teeth once a day, and maybe twice some times.

5. Dunn

Dunn New Member
      1/25

Blog Posts:
    Hello In general, i brush my teeth twice a day regardless of what kind of toothbrush you have. I also recommend that you use fluoride toothpaste when you brush your teeth.

6. Neiltarquin

Neiltarquin Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    Im lazy so I only brush my teeth once a day.

7. Arkane

275/297

Blog Posts:
    Any of you once a day or more brushers over 50yo ?

8. iamawriter

iamawriter Well-Known Member
      88/115

Blog Posts:
    Don't repeat this to anyone:cool: I brush my teeth just once in the morning but do gargle my mouth each time I eat something No guarantee that if you brush your teeth several times you will die at the ripe old age of 90 plus with all your teeth intact:)

9. m33kuh

m33kuh Active Member
      41/58

Blog Posts:
    I'm guilty too, once a day. :'( But sometimes you know what, shhhhhh, I brush once every 2 days. Am I doomed? Should I brush my teeth now? You know the feeling of laziness specially after meal? Like you feel so good with your tummy and you feel like you are the greatest person in the world during that moment. And no toothbrush can summon you because you are the master of your own will. :D

10. Koala

Koala Well-Known Member
      77/115

Blog Posts:
    Haha, it is actually surprising to see that the majority seem to brush teeth once a day... I always thought that my number was low and I brush them twice per day.

My routine is that I brush it right after I wake up so I don't suffocate anybody with my breath and right before I decide to go to sleep - I love having that fresh feeling in my mouth when I go to bed, otherwise, I feel weird.

I had a friend that used to be so obsessive when it came to brushing. She literally carried a toothbrush in her purse and brushed after every drink and every single meal. I am too lazy for that :p

11. texsun54

texsun54 Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    I brush and water pic every night so as not to sleep all night with dirty teeth. I floss after meals during the day. So mostly I brush once a day, but I will brush more as I feel I need. I am 54 and have all my own teeth minus two wisdom teeth dentist talked me into letting them pull for preventative reasons.

12. m33kuh

m33kuh Active Member
      41/58

Blog Posts:
    I heard that flossing is bad to your teeth. Is that true?
    I think I heard or saw that from one of Steve Harvey's show. :D

13. Clara1993

Clara1993 Active Member
      38/58

Blog Posts:
    hhhh Thanks This one made me lough out loud, You are right it doesn't guarantee us But Hygiene boosts some confidence Well that's just my opinion :)
    I brush my teeth three times a day after every meal, However I don't brush after snacks anyway at least I'm better than you I am :) Kidding :-D

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
  14. Joshmoy

Joshmoy New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    In all sincerity, I brush my teeth once a day. I have a decaying tooth and so I go easy on the brushing aspect. I've been to a dentist and he wants to replace it.

There are some exceptions when I brush my teeth about twice or more daily. Situations like when I perceive flatulence.

15. joegirl

joegirl Member
      18/29

Blog Posts:
    I brush every morning and before going to bed. With exceptions to days when I'm really bushed and honestly can't get it done in the evening.

I have found out over the years, it does make a lot of difference to brush after your last meal. It really does..

16. Arkane

275/297

Blog Posts:
    Every one I know my age (late 50's) who brushed their teeth once a day or more no longer have them!
    Yes they have sweet smelling breath but not their own teeth!
    My breath is not the best but I still chew with my own teeth!:)

17. AnarchySurvival

AnarchySurvival Expert Member
      155/173

Blog Posts:
    Hmm... The ol oral hygiene question...

To be entirely honest, I haven't brushed my teeth in over a year, probably more. Do I still have all my teeth? Almost, I am missing one as of recently though. Are my teeth pearly whites and intact? Hell no, I have several broken and decaying teeth. I've had several minor abcesses and near crippling oral pain. I have been this way for my entire life and plan to get false teeth. It's much more convenient and less health hassle in the long run.

18. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    i brush my teeth once a day after our main meal, do I have all my own teeth? hell no, I've got 7 teeth left but I have had a lifetime of bad teeth due to eating too many sweets/candy following the repeal of rationing as a child. wife has false teeth but I cant stand dentures and "mumble on my gums" and it works okay, at least I can taste my food which is more than I can say about denture wearers.
    I would say to anyone after my experience of tooth decay, get your teeth checked regularly, we go every 6 months for a checkup and to have any treatment needed, at least that way you can start SHTF with a good set of teeth and that's one thing less you'll have to worry about post collapse, same goes if you wear spectacles/glasses.

The Innkeeper and TMT Tactical like this.
  19. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    The bacteria that reside in sick gums and teeth are also responsible for the artery damage that leads to atherosclerosis. Good gums, healthy heart.

Radar, The Innkeeper and TMT Tactical like this.
  20. arctic bill

arctic bill Master Survivalist
      360/460

Blog Posts:
    in truth once or maybe twice

21. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I found this thread and laughed..

I brush once a day ..but chew gum often during the day.

I also sometimes rinse after brushing and then brush again with Hydrogen Peroxide...to clean /brush my mouth and teeth more thoroughly. The next morning I don't have morning breath.

But during the day I often chew gum....or when I am working...gum.

Gum massages your teeth and gums and also removes small food particles from teeth and gums.

My non Ishmaelite .02,

Watcherchris

22. Sonofliberty

Sonofliberty Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    I brush twice a day. In the morning and after supper. I am 53 and still have all my teeth except one molar knocked out in a barroom brawl in the 80s I do not use fluoride toothpaste. I also filter my water to remove fluoride. That stuff is an industrial waste product and if you read up on it's effects you will cut it out of your life too.

23. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    This is a timely subject.

In July, the Virginia Dental Association's volunteer charitable program will run a no-fee clinic at the nation's largest rural health fair at Norton, Wise County, Virginia. It's a place like this to ask the questions presented here.

In my TA-50, I carry a dental hygiene kit. It is more important to me than my medical kit.

A quick short-story; the reason I do not drive a Ford F-250 with a 100 gallon gas can is because of one word: periodontics. It is expensive. It is also worth it.

24. Oldguy

Oldguy Master Survivalist
      280/345

Blog Posts:
    Mid sixties here
    Been a once a week and special occasion brusher since my teens, just starting to loose some teeth damaged in my 20's
    I have not seen a dentist since 1977, but I might need to in a decade or so:(

Only thing I hate more than snakes are dentists!

25. Sonofliberty

Sonofliberty Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    And lawyers. Much worse than snakes and dentists. IMO.

26. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Once a day...My wife is a dental hyginest and rides my back about it but I didn't have a single cavity until I was 60. I'm going to the dentist tomorrow for a filling. That will make two since then. She wants me to do it twice but honestly she is lucky to get me to do it once.

Radar and TMT Tactical like this.
  27. The Innkeeper

The Innkeeper Master Survivalist
      250/345

Blog Posts:
    And politicians ... many of whom are lawyers...

Sonofliberty and TMT Tactical like this.
  28. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
  29. Radar

Radar Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    Brushing, at least twice a day. Flossing, at least twice a week. I think not flossing can give a person nasty breath, but having a congested digestive system will give a person nasty breath too (interpret that as constipation; but seasonal allergies and food allergies will do it too).
    Take care of your teeth. How are you going to eat your stored food if you have no teeth?
    Rinsing with peroxide is good.
    All my teeth except wisdom teeth are still in my mouth, there was one that I cracked from eating hard popcorn, which was fractured anyway.
    I think in some cases it doesn't matter what you do, poor dental health can be genetic. Not sure why. I know people who have taken good care of their health and teeth and ended up with dentures early on, and their adult kids too.
    Dentists weren't my favorite people either, but my first few were not good people anyway. The next ones that I had were excellent, gentle, and kind. No insult slinging. No cussing. The last one I had was hot but unfortunately due to insurance change, I could no longer go there.
    There have been times where i missed my cleanings or check ups, but overall, my dental health is good.

TMT Tactical likes this.