How to survive during an apocalypse

Discussion in 'The Apocalypse' started by Aneye4theshot, Jan 25, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Aneye4theshot

Aneye4theshot Expert Member
      125/140

Blog Posts:
    upload_2016-1-25_3-3-49.png

During the time of an apocalypse, the best thing you can do to survive is to distance yourself from the public. You will have to go to extreme measures and potentially gruesome acts to do day-to-day life during an apocalyptic time. People will be ruthless and showing their true colors they will most likely turn into killers, thieves and worse. You can expect cannibalism, homicide, and other violent crimes to be abundant. To survive these times, you will have to keep moving until you can find a suitable underground facility in which you can secure yourself away from the rest of the world. Having an emergency supply of food, water, and a backup plan in place for evacuation is always a great idea. You can never be too prepared. The apocalypse may come, but that does not mean it is the end of life. That just means that life as we know it is over and a new life will be born from this. Perhaps the ones who prepare will be the ones who survive. If you are willing to take the time and do the research, there is a multitude of techniques that can be utilized in tactical survival as well as personal survival both in the wild and in the city. Knowing hand to hand combat and having the proper weapons on hand ahead of time along with storing ammunition will also be a determining factor in helping to keep you safe.

Attached Files:

Para173 and Keith H. like this.
  2. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    While things are good run scenarios and see how things play out

Develop flexible plans from there
    A plan you can enact now beats one you can enact tomorrow!

In a real actual event you will not have all the information you need to make a fully informed plan (that is only available in hindsight after the fact )
    So do the best you can based of the scenarios you played out previously!

3. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Crime seems to be on the increase over here, & it has nothing to do with gun ownership. Yet our totally corrupt government is determined to take our guns off us, they have already confiscated all the semi-auto guns & destroyed them, which means that the military & our Para-military Police service are now better armed than the law abiding citizens. Criminals on the other hand can own any gun they wish, & they are available on the black market.
    However, I believe in keeping a low profile, & keeping away from people & fire fights when I can. As you have said Aneye4theshot, now is the time to stock up. items will not be available once it hits the fan. Certain items may be unavailable to us, but there is still items that we can acquire, you just have to think out of the box.
    Keith.

4. hippyzomby

hippyzomby New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    I have one rule that my husband hates. If we were in my home town, we dont help anyone that is waiting on someone. I dont care if it is your husband or your child. I am not going to have your risk our life because you think there is hope. You should have never split up in the beginning. If there is a safer point and we are moving I am not waiting on your husband, hell I would not wait on mine. If you are dumb enough to split up then take responsibility. If they are safe and healthy they will know your plan and know where you are headed. You will meet up again in time. No vengence to worry about if you are not alive to see them through.

5. iseeyou

iseeyou Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    The thoughts of apocalypse coming to life is terrifying and to be honest i haven't given much thought about this hence i have no definite plan of actions in case apocalypse hit planet earth. But i guess, all i can do is try my best to stay alive along with my family. It's highly possible that anyone outside of your close circle will turn against you in hopes of you becoming their meal, desperate times call for desperate measures after all. So i guess i'll have to stay close to family, make sure I'm armed at all times, everyone at this rate will be hunting for food, every living thing is food, so anyone can jump on you from out of thin air, so i'll be prepared and vigilant.

6. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    don't run before you can walk!
    there are lots of things that can happen long before we get to the apocalypse stage.
    start with the basics first.
    food, water, shelter, cooking, heating and light.

Keith H. likes this.
  7. Dilof

Dilof New Member
      3/23

Blog Posts:
    I'd become a farmer with a treehouse as my house. Then again, why would you want to survive through an apocalypse? Nothing will ever be the same again and I get that theres an instinctive will and determination to survive in situations like these.. but the world from what I see it would always be ruined and there would be no coming back from an apocalypse, especially the ones that are popularized in current TV.

8. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    only those who can adapt to this will survive, also those with a positive mental attitude. ones with a negative attitude will just sit down and wait for the inevitable. and good riddance.

9. Para173

Para173 Well-Known Member
      95/99

Blog Posts:
    Studies indicate that riots and disasters have about a 72 hour "madness peak" to them. After that, things start to slow down a bit. Human nature is such that after a while, people need to rest or revitalize. After so many hours of pressure, stress or action the body begins to show signs of duress on it. That means that the person or people in that area need to relax and recuperate.

Because our societies have come so far, it is hard to imagine all of us falling back into a stone age or fleeing back to the caves. I don't think that we will ever see a Mad Max scenario in our lifetimes if massive disaster struck. I can see us going back to more local control to a degree. Sort of like what we had back in the early 1900s or so. Instead of individual transportation, personal cars, you'd see more trains and buses moving around between towns. In town you'd see more bicycles and possibly a resurgence of the use of horses for some transportation needs. Places of federal government control, like Washington and London, would become a distant memory while state and local county capitols would become the more influential power bases.

I would think that you would see the family unit become a more important group again like they were many years ago. While circumstances may turn bad for us, I think that overall we will be able to survive tough times with a little bit of work.

Keith H. likes this.
  10. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I think the term Apocalypse means pretty much the end of most life on earth. Like a nuclear disaster, not many would survive & most would not want to. I prefer the term TEOTWAWKI, because although it may be a severe survival situation, it is a situation that those of us who are prepared can survive & endure.
    Keith.

11. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I don't use the term TEOTWAWKI anymore because people get confused, a lot think it means "big bang-no more earth", which isn't what it means at all, it just means things are different to what you used to.
    I generally use the term "Collapse" as in post collapse.

Para173 likes this.
  12. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    Adapt!
    But do not get too attached to your stuff as your life may depend on walking away from it!

13. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    agreed.