Hunting

Discussion in 'Other Advanced Survival Skills' started by Aneye4theshot, Jan 21, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Aneye4theshot

Aneye4theshot Expert Member
      125/140

Blog Posts:
    upload_2016-1-21_22-18-8.png

When it comes to knowing your basic survival skills, one of the most fundamental skills is the ability to obtain food. Hunting is not just going and looking for animals to killing it is also gathering vegetation. There are multiple different levels of hunting. The active looking for food, in general, is hunting. By familiar rising yourself with game catching techniques as well as vegetation that is edible you are on the path to a successful survival. Survival of the fittest is a phrase commonly used for a reason. Being fit does not necessarily mean being in the optimal physical shape. Mental preparedness is just as important as physical preparedness. Knowing what to hunt, where to hunt it, how to hunt it and what to do with it once you have it is essential to anybody looking to survive any kind of survival situation. There is a multitude of different classes, courses and other ways that you can learn to hunt. If you are interested in finding places to learn these techniques, you can do everything from hiring a personal trainer to attending community classes at a local college. Many guns stores also offer hunting courses that will help teach you the basics.

Ricky Jeringan likes this.
  2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    hunting-actively killing animals for meat-is very frowned upon by the general public in the UK, if you do this in this country you may be wise not to advertise the fact.

3. Roy LaFon

Roy LaFon Active Member
      31/47

Blog Posts:
    Where do they get their meat

4. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    Hunting solo wind in your face sun at your back best

5. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    the supermarket.
    I get mine from local farm shops.

6. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    you've got to remember 99% of the British population are sheeple.
    we recently had a "name the calf" competition at a local farm shop being abused by Vegans, the competition had to be withdrawn on Police advice.

7. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    We raisse beef pigs chickens ringnecks rabbits eat well with garden and fruit and nut trees

8. Deathisue

Deathisue New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    In my country the problem is a little more weird, you can hunt, but if you hunt you can die, the animals here are very dangerous and the land wont help, i live in a tropical country and the Amazonas is one of the worst place to be, you wont die of dehydration but almost all can kill you.

9. Corzhens

Corzhens Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    I remember in grade school when our lesson was the history of our country. That the first inhabitants were the aetas who are hunters and gatherers. There was a difference in terms because hunters meant (in our school classes) those who have weapons while gatherers are "hunters" with no weapon. But anyway, they're practically the same because the objective is to find something edible in the vicinity. It is a good idea to know wild berries and fruits and also unknown vegetables that look like weed. That would greatly help us in times of crisis in the wilderness.

10. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    WOW!!!! Sometimes it is like we don't all live on the same planet! You do know that the meat from the store came from an animal that somebody had to kill so what is the difference if you skip the middle man. When I live nearly everyone has some experience hunting and the fact is that any more there isn't a lot of difference between the "wild" animals and the just about equally wild livestock. I spent last weekend rebuilding the electronics and mechanical parts of a friends deer feeder. People pay big bucks to hunt on some of these leases and they feed the deer year around including various supplements so they produce big horns.

I used to hunt in my yard. I've actually shot a deer from my bed once. Basically we either hunt them and eat them or they will over populate and die of starvation or start eating our crops. People tend to replace the original predatory animals pretty fast and I am good with that. If there were enough Bears, Cougars, Wolves, Coyotes and Gators to control the deer and rabbits it wouldn't be safe to let your kids go outside without armed guards. NO THANKS! I like being the top of the food chain.

Greenies can't seem to grasp that a balanced eco system has to include predators and since predators big enough to take out big game like hogs, deer and elk also will eat people. I always note that the Greenies don't volunteer to bring their kids out to feed the bears. I'll let the hunters do the deed and let the killer predators live in zoos and where there aren't many people thank you! In Texas you never hear about anyone having a problem with mean gators. That is because we hunt and eat them too! They aren't smart but even a gator can learn to leave people alone.

With all our hunting, I went to town today and only saw three deer eating on the side of the road. I also saw about a hundred cattle and several dozen horses. Where y'all don't hunt, how many animals do you see on a daily basis? Is it possible that there just isn't a lot left there to hunt? I look at maps and don't see the type of vast Forrest lands that are where I live. The British Isles have been heavily inhabited for a long long time compared to most places. We are closer to infested with wildlife than anything else.

11. Kootenay prepper

Kootenay prepper Expert Member
      227/230

Blog Posts:
    the area I live there are deer everywhere. Hunting is very important up here for keeping the animal populations reasonable. There is a big problem with the deer that have moved into local towns have become aggressive. They let these town deer populations get way out of control where people are getting attacked. The towns now have yearly culls to reduce the amount deer in town which shows the importance for responsible hunting which helps keeps things balanced.