I Am Alive To Tell My Story

Discussion in 'Survival Stories' started by iamawriter, May 20, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. iamawriter

iamawriter Well-Known Member
      88/115

Blog Posts:
    It was Valentine's day of 2006 when I was knocked down by a heavy tanker. Thankfully my mobile came to my rescue. Calls were made to the right people and before I knew it I was in the Trauma Section where I was attended to promptly.
    With 7 fractured ribs and 2 vertebrae it was difficult for anyone to guess that I would be up and about but everything fell in place - thanks to attending doctors who were quick in giving me the treatment that was required.
    Getting back home and being able to take that first step for me was the happiest moment of my life.
    I have a new lease of life and I have that spring in my step that looks forward to each day with hope.
    My survival the doctors said was my attitude - taking everything with a smile.

2. remnant

remnant Expert Member
      190/230

Blog Posts:
    Scientific evidence suggests that the will to live and faith surpassess unimaginable adversities. Having a positive attitude and a strong will can make the difference. Some people having undergone afflictions and disasters like accidents lose the will to live and live in self pity resulting in depression and psychosomatic disorders whic accelerate their morbidity. Kudos for your optimism and bravura.

iamawriter likes this.
  3. iamawriter

88/115

Blog Posts:
    I am a testimony to what you have just said. Trust in oneself is the way to go. I did not even for a moment think of the 'what ifs' that come to mind soon after one meets with a disaster:)

4. Harrysung

Harrysung New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    That's very lucky of you. When I pictured your story happening in a country like mine, it might have turned out differently considering the kind of medical institutions and negligence of medical personnel s to emergency, I consider you indeed lucky.

iamawriter likes this.
  5. iamawriter

88/115

Blog Posts:
    We shifted from a city and you could be right in that if we were in a city then I would not get the amount of attention I got here. There were fewer patients to attend to. Having said that my attitude did play role too.

6. camshaq23

camshaq23 New Member
      3/25

Blog Posts:
    Great story its most likely to inspire people to keep a positive mind in difficult situations and staying strong.. Very inspiring my friend.

iamawriter likes this.
  7. iamawriter

88/115

Blog Posts:
    I hope it does. I have written an article on this and named it 'Happy Moments' as I could find happy moments in this entire saga. The success of whatever the doctors did on me, that first step I took, to see me back in my house - I could go on. I now have a new lease of life. I am forever in the attitude of gratitude. I see no adversity although there could be if I indulged in them.