immune boosting foods

Discussion in 'First Aid and Medicine' started by BeautifullyBree, Jun 14, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. BeautifullyBree

BeautifullyBree Active Member
      43/47

Blog Posts:
    I've recently been curious to learn about some immune boosting foods. If you could only choose one what would you suggest? We are trying to start eating healthier. We hope it will make us more fit to survive. I also recognize my immune health could be much more established.

2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I think if you just eat organic vegies you should be fine. Grow your own if you can.
    Keith.

Captain, Old Geezer and joshposh like this.
  3. Endure

Endure Expert Member
      130/140

Blog Posts:
    Also don't fall in "200% immune boosting" supplement pills, those are scammy gimmicks to sell glorified water pills to naive people. Unless you are an olympic jock or a body builder, The good olde balanced diet with meats and ton of grains,veggie,wheat etc. is enough for the average human to live happily healthy.

4. ZoeZoundBarrier

ZoeZoundBarrier Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    Selenium, is abundant in shellfish. That makes it possible for lobsters, crabs and other types of shellfish to help the whites cells inside of you to generate cytokines. These proteins get flu symptom like infections out of the body.

5. Lisa Davis

Lisa Davis Active Member
      36/47

Blog Posts:
    I have to agree with the first two replies for the most part, but I will share my own personal experiences as well, because it may be of some use o you. I have health issues that affect my immune system as well as a rheumatoid condition that leaves me only in moderate pain, but it's constant. I was looking to see if there were some diet changes that I could make that would help my overall health and condition. Well, I examined my diet by keeping a food journal and realized that even when I was supposedly "eating healthy," I will still consuming so many preservatives, dyes, and added junk that I couldn't even fathom it. Now, I eat much cleaner. I do whatever it takes to eat as little artificial stuff as possible and try to go organic at all times. My results have been less pain and I lost 20# without even trying. When I say "without even trying," I mean that I didn't eat less or anything. In fact, I started making virtually everything from scratch and likely ate more, but I still lost weight (which I needed desperately). I feel like a new person honestly.

6. joshposh

joshposh Master Survivalist
      260/345

Blog Posts:

Correct. If you grow organic and eat raw, you will get a good dose of natural micro nutrients. Most people think they should just eat more healthier foods and that should lead the way to better health. But the truth is, you need to stop eating unhealthy food first and let your body heal itself. Every time you eat processed and GMO foods, you actually hurt your immune system. Stop digesting poison, and replace it with natural and organic.

Whenever you cook your veggies you are losing as much as 90% of the nutrients. So eat it raw, with the proper dressing if need be. The dressing should be organic as well. Try mixing extra virgin olive oil with apple cider vinegar, with a splash of pepper mill and garlic powder.

7. Bonzer

Bonzer New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    A strong natural immunity is a result of several measures and does NOT just depend on eating organic. Yes, balanced diet consisting of whole grains, all seasonal fruits, and veggies goes a long way in keeping you strong. However, avoiding anti-nutrient foods such as tannin-rich foods are essential as well. For instance, if you eat raw and unpeeled almonds, you may not absorb the goodness of nutrient-rich almonds.

Besides, you need to engage in moderate exercise to build a strong immune system. Staying hydrated enough, managing adequate rest and sleep and keeping yourself relaxed and cheerful would also make you strong from within.

I'm sorry if this post isn't too relevant to what you expected, but an all round immunity is a package and is not just confined to nutrition as well.

On the flipside citrus fruits, whole grains, complete proteins such as egg, organic veggies, and Zinc-rich foods boost your immune system.

8. thePENofGODx0x0xz7

thePENofGODx0x0xz7 New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    The choline that is present in cauliflower is a food that is able to boost the immune system rather efficiently. Choline has properties that are able to keep your cells functioning in the proper way. It also promotes glutathione which is a very potent antioxidant that will be able to help you when you are sick.

9. djordjem87

djordjem87 Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    Everything with vitamin C is good for the immune system. Basically peppers are richest in vitamin C. More than anything that is easily available to us. It would also help if they were organic. Citrus are also good for this and all different kinds of fruit. Bananas are famous to be rich in many things at once. I like the way of making shakes from raw food. That way we consume more nutrients and that is a big boost for our health. I put everything in my blender. Nuts, fruits, veggies, the green stuff like spinach, I out flex seeds, quinoa etc.. It comes tasty and with a bit of honey and cinnamon it is a treat. Goat milk is very good for the immune system and also donkey milk.

10. Harrysung

Harrysung New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    I know fruits are rich immune system boosters because of the vitamin C present in them. Also let your food be more organic.

11. igkolev88

igkolev88 New Member
      1/25

Blog Posts:
    The most efficient ways to boost your immune system, according to me, are foods with vitamin C and lots of old garlic, ginger, honey and yoghurt. At least that's what I use each winter, especially the garlic. I know it smells a lot, but it is worth it.

12. kamar19

kamar19 Member
      18/29

Blog Posts:
    Raw organic fruits and veggies , nuts, grains and seeds are all good for boosting your immune system, and I would stay away from all the processed foods, as they weaken your immune system. the white carbs are no good either, white bread, white rice, white sugar and white flour all damage the immune system.

13. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Keith H. is waaaaaaaaaaaay past correct on this point! Canned foods and vitamin supplements are OK, don't get me wrong. I take vitamins C and D (blood test showed my vit. D could/should be improved), take minerals in moderation, and I love canned beans with a little pork thrown in. I love canned mackerel / herring.

However! Fresh out the garden vegetables can't be topped. A bunch of my kin lived into their 80's / over 90. They had so-so diets, too much lard / streaked-meat, and oh-my-Lord waaaaaay too much salt. But ALL raised gardens / lived off the land / gathered herbs. And wild game = lean meat. To get flavonoids and your needed anti-oxidants, fresh fruits and vegetables can't be topped. I'm addicted to orange juice. Does orange juice and other fruit juices have too much sugar in them? OK, yes, but I don't give a flip. I get my B-vit.s (allow body to use sugars, niacin, riboflavin, ... ) out of the beans and meat I love. Whole grain breads simply taste better; they taste nutty; I love tree nuts. Hey there's another good food, tree nuts.

14. CivilDefense

CivilDefense Expert Member
      235/345

Blog Posts:
    ^ This, more or less. There is an insane amount of bullplop being peddled in this area. Generally speaking, a healthy, well balanced diet, a solid fitness routine, the removal of toxins (e.g., tobacco, hard drinking, street druge, etc.), proper stress management, and a healthy mental outlook is the best "immunity booster" one can find.

15. explorerx7

explorerx7 Expert Member
      143/173

Blog Posts:
    Sweet potatoes and carrots contain high levels of beta-carotene which the body converts to vitamin A, an essential nutrient for fighting disease. Berries like raspberry and strawberries are packed with vitamin C. Garlic has been proven to be very effective in fighting off colds and other diseases. Spinach is loaded with nutrients that are vital for the maintenance of a healthy immune system.

16. zeedollar

zeedollar New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    For immune boosting foods, you should eat lots of fruits. Its important that you always maintain a strong immune system for your body to be able to fight against infections. You should also take poutry products and lots of veggies too.