Is there any natural antihistamines?

Discussion in 'Herbalism - Medicinal, Practical, and other Uses' started by chelsknits, Jun 14, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. chelsknits

chelsknits New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    While reading another thread about bees, it got me thinking about allergic reactions. Personally, I'm allergic to bees. Thankfully, my reaction is only mild (or at least it was last time it happened) so I don't think a bee sting could actually kill me. But I was wondering if a person with a bee allergy was stung and didn't have antihistamines, is there anything else they would be able to do? Is there some kind of natural herb or something that would work as an antihistamine?

2. ZoeZoundBarrier

ZoeZoundBarrier Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    Bioflavonoids are an organic antihistamine and firmly hostile to any allergenic. Bromelain and vitamin C can upgrade the activity of bioflavonoids. Strawberries are a delectable red color along with red bell peppers indicating that they are an incredible wellspring flowing with bioflavonoids.

Justin Baker likes this.
  3. explorerx7

explorerx7 Expert Member
      143/173

Blog Posts:
    Yes, herbs such as evening primrose, ginger, stinging nettles, and basil are said to be effective antihistamine remedies. The trick is to learn how to prepare these herbs to extract the remedial effect from them. However, guess you would probably be able to get the know-how on sites like You Tube.

Justin Baker likes this.
  4. Endure

Endure Expert Member
      130/140

Blog Posts:
    I know that Bromelain is effective at treating respiratory distress and other symptoms often associated with allergies, primarily by blocking the action of agents causing inflammation and swelling. Most commonly known as an enzyme found in pineapples and pineapple juice, but can also be purchased in supplement form.

5. chelsknits

chelsknits New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    Oh wow, I never knew that! That's incredibly interesting. So does that mean if you were having an allergic reaction (obviously not one where your throat closed up, since you couldn't swallow), that if you ate strawberries or bell peppers it would help with it?

6. chelsknits

chelsknits New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    I've heard of basil and ginger used for a lot of things but not as an antihistamine. I'll have to try searching on YouTube and see if I can find more information on how to use them.

7. chelsknits

chelsknits New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    Wow! I didn't realize that normal foods contained something that could help with an allergic reaction. When I asked this question I was expecting people to say things like plants and herbs.

8. ZoeZoundBarrier

ZoeZoundBarrier Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    I am not so sure if having allergies and having a severe allergic reaction constitute as the same thing, so I am going to have to say that I am not sure. As for your run of the mill wheezing and sniffling, bioflavionoids such as quercetin, found in tons of organic vegetables, grains and fruits can build up your tolerance to allergies. As for those specific allergic reactions, they may not work exactly the same way.

9. chelsknits

chelsknits New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    Well either way, it's definitely a good reason to eat healthier! Even if it it doesn't work for that intended purpose, it'll still be beneficial for you in other ways.

ZoeZoundBarrier likes this.
  10. ZoeZoundBarrier

ZoeZoundBarrier Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    That is true. If you are really trying to eat healthier then I suggest that you look into an alkaline diet. It is based on pure organic non-gmo or even hybrid vegetable food and is said to be so effective that AIDS patience have been totally cured of the disease. If this diet can't help to reduce allergic reactions then I don't know what will.

11. chelsknits

chelsknits New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    Wow! I've never heard of that before but it sounds amazing. I'm definitely going to look into it.

12. joshposh

joshposh Master Survivalist
      260/345

Blog Posts:
    Here's what I found online.

Stinging Nettle - I've seen these things in the bush, but I always thought it was a weed. But it is a herb and there are a bunch of ways to prepare it, but you can make a tea out of it.

eLCmIvjvWqlRk1_OJYwBx-9GffHv4ojy.jpeg eLCmIvjvWqlRk1_OJYwBx-9GffHv4ojy.jpeg

Quercetin - A antioxidant that has been known to has antihistamine affects. Check out the chart to see where the highest form of it is found in produce.

eLCmIvjvWqlRk1_OJYwBx-9GffHv4ojy.png

Bromelain - Found commonly in Pineapples.

eLCmIvjvWqlRk1_OJYwBx-9GffHv4ojy.jpeg

Vitamin C - Lots of fruits have this in it. Take your pick.

eLCmIvjvWqlRk1_OJYwBx-9GffHv4ojy.jpeg

13. Justin Baker

Justin Baker Expert Member
      160/173

Blog Posts:
    LOVE THE STINGING NETTLES!