Living in the wild for 25 years

Discussion in 'Finding, Identifying, and Preparing Food' started by SirJoe, Jul 1, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. SirJoe

SirJoe Expert Member
      143/173

Blog Posts:
    For the past 25 years Mick Dodge has lived in a rain forest. He isn't just surviving he is actually living there. His whole outlook on life is so different to the majority of us. I'm sure we could all learn quite a lot from him.

2. ZoeZoundBarrier

ZoeZoundBarrier Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    I understanding having a simple lifestyle, but I doubt that this is at all necessary. He is an older gentleman, but it seems that his delicacies are due to some laziness on his part. I would rather hunt or farm or forage for something not so lively before I succumb to that kind of scavenger lifestyle.

3. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    i'm all for a simpler lifestyle, especially post SHTF, but it seems this person is just scavenging for what he can find, what about growing your own food, what about hunting, trapping and snaring, what about rearing some animals? i'm sorry he seems to have gone for the lazy option.

4. SirJoe

SirJoe Expert Member
      143/173

Blog Posts:
    He doesn't only eat this he does eat other stuff but it doesn't seem too appetizing.

5. cecejailer

cecejailer New Member
      3/23

Blog Posts:
    25 years living in the wild and it seems like he hasn't learned the most useful things... Scavenging seems like too much work for little gain. He should be farming, hunting, maybe even domesticating some animals... Scavenging seems too risky, you can spend the whole day walking around destroying your skin because of the sun and might not even find anything worthy. Of course living a simpler life is something we all have wished before, but let's not forget how much us humans evolved...

lonewolf likes this.
  6. Endure

Endure Expert Member
      130/140

Blog Posts:
    That "unusual" trail mix might be rare in Western culture, but as an asian dish the ingredients are quite typical: maggots, grasshoppers and earthworms. If He has been eating those during 25 years, I'm surprised He didn't build some kind of insect and maggot farm to secure the stuff himself.