Long Term Wilderness Survival. Not For The Hobbyist.

Discussion in 'The Apocalypse' started by Keith H., Dec 1, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
  2. Scott Chaffin

Scott Chaffin New Member
      3/25

Blog Posts:
    I had to do long term survival myself. And it's hard. But it does make you stronger, and you will gain knowledge off your failures.. I was 12 and stayed out for a month. I was 13 and stayed out 2 months. I've done 2 weeks in winter.. now I want to do 1 month. But have to say it will be hard and isn't for the faint hearted. Make sure you assess your mental state, environment, and gear. If you lack in your assessment, you will lack your time out there

Prairie Dog, hollowgirl and Keith H. like this.
  3. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Well done Scott, first class. I would imagine that most caring parents would not let a 12 year old camp away from home at all on their own let alone a month!
    Keith.

4. Scott Chaffin

Scott Chaffin New Member
      3/25

Blog Posts:
    you would be correct on that assessment. But, I've also learned that what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. As well as mainly, the only person you can rely on is yourself... And your knowledge. But you truly don't know what you can do unless your back is against the wall. And it's you, or nothing. And your will gets tested.

Keith H. likes this.
  5. Prairie Dog

Prairie Dog Expert Member
      155/173

Blog Posts:
    Well said and for most any circumstance it is true.
    Prairie Dog

Keith H. likes this.