Lost

Discussion in 'Safety' started by cipkamarco, May 22, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. cipkamarco

cipkamarco Member
      13/25

Blog Posts:
    What would you do if you end up being lost in the woods and you have 0% battery life, you're alone, with some food, but not much. What would you do? Will you be looking a way out of there or what??

Keith H. likes this.
  2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    depends how late in the day it is.
    if it getting towards dark, make a basic shelter, go to sleep and worry about it in the morning.

cipkamarco likes this.
  3. EarlAlexander

EarlAlexander New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    If it was to be me I wouldn't be able to sleep if its late because I don't know what make be coming my way or what dangerous animals are in hideout to harm people at night. I would look for a clear ground and make a fire, then I would try and keep myself awake.

4. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    you need to get some sleep, our bodies repair themselves while we sleep, a fire will keep most animals away or make a thorn barrier.

5. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Several articles on Lost Survival on this forum http://mysurvivalforum.com/threads/lost-survival.2989/
    Keith.

6. camshaq23

camshaq23 New Member
      3/25

Blog Posts:
    If I'm ever lost in the woods I find somewhere to shelter until the sun comes up for me to decide where east is so I choose the right direction to walk

7. Corzhens

Corzhens Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    This is not to brag or give the impression that I am a know-it-all. When I was a girl scout, our lesson in direction is to always determine the north, south, east, west with the halp of the sun. That way, I am in good stead during the daytime. Now the problem is at night since I don't know how to navigate using the stars. Besides, the stars are out when it is raining. Anyway, when I get lost in the daytime, I would probably walk towards the direction that I think would bring me to civilization. It's not good to travel at night because your position might just get worse. Besides, there may be wild animals that can harm you. The best thing to do at night time is to find a safe place to spend the night and start moving when the sun is up.