Medicinal Highs

Discussion in 'Herbalism - Medicinal, Practical, and other Uses' started by Lunasurvivor, Apr 27, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Lunasurvivor

Lunasurvivor Member
      13/23

Blog Posts:
    When it comes to herbalism and the practice of utilizing different herbs for medical, practical and other purposes one might forget a purpose that is still very important. That is recreational enjoyment. No plant out there gives you the amount of recreational enjoyment that marijuana does. In a garden marijuana should be an essential that is grown. The plant itself puts off an amazing amount of oxygen and produces a wonderful buzz when consumed.
    t2IpEG4j14O3wBA7oTFhuJtXLEgN2b4h.jpeg

Mushrooms are another fantastic item that can be grown and enjoyed recreationally as well. The medicinal high from psychotropic mushrooms is not only one that many people have enjoyed for decades it's also one that holds a valid and very studied form of medicinal science to it. These psychotropic mushrooms are said to be able to ward off the effects as well as the symptoms of strokes and heart attacks as well as certain mental conditions.

[​IMG]
    Then there are things such as peyote buttons and other flowers that grow on plants and trees everywhere that may be picked and eaten or brewed into a tea and then drank. Many of the herbs that are found in the T form produce hallucinogenic highs. However, a medicinal high may be just what you're looking for in certain survival situations.

2. BeautifullyBree

BeautifullyBree Active Member
      43/47

Blog Posts:
    I agree. Cannabis is great for people with cancer and other serious diseases. Post apocalypse cannabis will likely be a popular medicine. It will be grown instead of manufactured.

3. Lisa

Lisa Active Member
      43/47

Blog Posts:
    I'm not sure I'd want people running around trippin out on mushrooms in a survival situation. Marijuana is fine but giving people mushrooms is a terrible idea.

Correy likes this.
  4. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    anything that dulls your reactions, whether its weed, mushrooms or alcohol, is not a good thing, I don't use any of these, in a collapse event I want my wits about me at all times, 1 mistake could be your last, especially in the mayhem and panic that immediately follows such an event.

5. Correy

Correy Expert Member
      141/149

Blog Posts:
    It's true that they can decrease your survival possibilities, but in cases where you know there's no escape you might want to "trip" your way to death. For example if you've been fatally injured and you're dying slowly and painfully, you'd propably want something to help you deal with the situation.
    I guess that depends on each person though. Some people fight to the last second.

6. TJames13

TJames13 New Member
      3/23

Blog Posts:
    Medical Cannabis should be a part of everyones plan in a case of end of days. The more I learn about Cannabis the more I can see how helpful it would be for a whole host of illness and ailments. I know the media talks a lot about treating cancer and epilepsy but it's amazing for chronic pain, eating disorders, insomnia, stress, anxiety and the list goes on and on. While the current market tends to lean towards strains which have a higher THC level and don't pay particular attention to the CBD (medically beneficial) levels, in a long term survival situation the medicinal aspects of the plant are going to far out weigh the recreational uses. "Marijuana Medical Handbook: Practical Guide to Therapeutic Uses of Marijuana" by Ed Rosenthal, is a book I've used to learn about using cannabis medicinally.

7. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    cannabis is still on the banned drugs list here, its low on the list but its still illegal, I don't think you get a prison term for it anymore provided the amount is small and only for personal use, but if found it will be confiscated .

8. Sino

Sino Member
      18/25

Blog Posts:
    I agree with the marijuana but I'm not to sure about the shrooms, lol. There'd be a bunch of people tripping out during that time and it would not be ideal. You'd just have to be careful growing either one because there's quite the consequence for getting caught growing.