Meditation and Survival

Discussion in 'Mental Preparedness' started by Aneye4theshot, Jan 21, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Aneye4theshot

Aneye4theshot Expert Member
      125/140

Blog Posts:
    Meditation and survival go hand-in-hand surprisingly. When you have a clear mind, you are able to make better choices. Also, you prevent yourself from becoming worked up and in return you prevent yourself from making irrational decisions that could lead to harm. Meditation can also help you to conserve on natural resources by calming the mind, body, and soul. Meditation and survival are actually very important and work well together. They play a symbiotic role with one another. To become in touch with the area, you must survive in it is a great idea to find a calm, quiet spot. Close your eyes and meditate. Take in the sounds and smells of the area.
    upload_2016-1-21_4-24-46.png
    Picture in your mind what the area looks like and where geographical landmarks are. By meditating like this for 10 - 15 minutes per day in different spots, you will learn the area in which you're surviving in to the fullest. Knowing what is around you and how it works is just as important as having the tools at hand to help you solve the trials and tribulations that you face. Meditation is also healthy activity for the mind during a stressful situation. Keeping your mind healthy in return will help keep you healthy, and that is the essence of survival.

Ricky Jeringan likes this.
  2. NormaD

NormaD New Member
      3/23

Blog Posts:
    I totally agree with you. I always meditate for 15 minutes every single day and I find that it helps me stay very calm in any kind of situation that arises in my life. I can stay focused and make clear-headed decisions and not over-react the way I used to. I am so much more confident in myself now.

3. Endure

Endure Expert Member
      130/140

Blog Posts:
    I don't know. If you are a regular meditation practicioner, sure, It can help. But I think most people not familiarized with it will find meditation not more helpful than just laying on the floor.

4. Moroccanbeauty2266

Moroccanbeauty2266 Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    In times of a crisis, such as a apocalypse, I do not think that many people will turn to meditation because most people will be worried about other things.
    Yet, I do think meditation can help you live a sustainable lifestyle because it connects you with the nature around you
    but what if the nature around you is so severely damaged that you cannot even relax?
    I do not think I could relax so easily and meditate while everything around me is in chaos and turmoil...

5. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    relaxing in a survival situation is one thing, meditating is something else.
    one can take time to "chill out" but still be aware of what is going on around them, what I know of meditation(which isn't much)i'm not sure this is the case.