Most cost efficient one man tent?

Discussion in 'Financial Planning' started by DrPBandJelly, Jun 22, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. DrPBandJelly

DrPBandJelly New Member
      3/23

Blog Posts:
    Hey guys,

I've recently gone through the bad experience of buying a cheap and used one man tent.. And it broke apart after only 3 nights of use in the mountains!

Do you guys have any recommendations for sturdy, decent one man tents? Should I spend some extra money on a decent one, or just take a chance and buy another used one? I feel like this is one of those things where quality is more important than money..

What do you guys think?

2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I wouldn't bother buying a second hand tent, new ones can be had quite cheaply these days. I prefer the old fashioned Ridge Tents, they tend to stay up in conditions some of the others collapse in.

3. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    A good pup tent new can be had for 34.99 at kolhs. Lots of room for one and gear well made for price i got one at yard sale for 5 bucks and love it so went and got new one a few days later

4. tacjack

tacjack New Member
      3/23

Blog Posts:
    I personally wouldn't use a one man tent. I prefer to use a hooped bivvy bag. It's easier and quicker to set up/take down and much lighter to lug around. O.K. it's a bit of a pain in wet weather in as much as there is no dry area to cook in but I can live with that, even here in the U.K!

5. NomadWill

NomadWill Expert Member
      240/345

Blog Posts:
    Go for the New Tent, least then you'll know it won't have any previous issues or damage. (Unless its a Manufacturing issue, which happens)