My 50 essential must-have items in every emergency

Discussion in 'Wilderness' started by Dan Hawke, Jul 29, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Dan Hawke

Dan Hawke New Member
      1/23

Blog Posts:
    Hi Survivalists,

My name is Dan Hawke, and I’m an outdoor wilderness survival expert and enthusiast. I'm also a proud husband and father to two young boys.

I once served in the U.S. Marine Corps for 15 years and have been an instructor for the last 5 of those years.

I am well versed in various forms of martial arts due to having studied and practicing them for more than 10 years, including Boxing, a Black Belt in Karate and a Yellow Belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. I also fairly recently became a certified instructor in Krav Maga.

Personally, my favourite weapons of choice for self defense are Tactical Knives such as Bowie Knives, as well as Hand Guns.

I enjoy spending my free time fishing, hiking and camping with my family, while passing on my survival knowledge to my young boys.

I have painstakingly compiled a list of my 50 most essential items to bring into any absolute survival scenario, do check it out here: http://survival-beast.com/50-things-that-will-help-you-survive-anything/

Do drop by and learn more survival tips and recounts based on my personal experience.

Caribou likes this.
  2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I think that sometimes prepping and survival are nothing more than an extension of the consumer society, if one cannot live without these things then what does one do when they are all broken, used up and useless? no, I think skills and knowledge will be more useful than a warehouse full of gear in a SHTF event, after all these will last a lifetime whereas gear will not.

Keith H. likes this.
  3. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I can't agree with your list Dan, sorry, no offence intended, but I think you need more experience. Seems to me that you are trying to sell modern superfluous equipment to ignorant would be survivalists. If you had any real experience in long term wilderness survival, you would know that this is NOT the gear to recommend. However, those that are only playing at survival on weekend camps will probably love your list. I am not sorry to be so blunt, I dislike advertising that sells the wrong gear to uninformed people.
    Keith.

4. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    depends on what sort of lifestyle one envisages post SHTF, a hunter/gatherer wont need so many tools as a homesteader would but even then its down to the basics.
    our forefathers managed with a lot less than we have these days.
    I agree with Keith, a lot on that list seem superfluous.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
    Keith H. likes this.
  5. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    A lot seems to be based on a specific type of survival and from a specific viewpoint!
    I got the impression it was an advertisement!

6. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I got that impression too.

Keith H. likes this.
  7. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    Marines never showed him that we did alot more with less and very basic gear dont get dragged into new and improved lastest and greatest gear most of is overpriced junk after shtf gps will be useless as signals will be gone sats will be military only or if done right gone internet cell phones ect will be down or military only

8. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    website no longer available.
    nothing further from poster since O.P.

TMT Tactical likes this.