No Fire: Frog Or A Handful Of Worms?

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by JeffHart, Jun 1, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

Tags:
?

Which would you prefer to eat raw?

1. Frog

46.2%
  2. Handful of Worms

53.8%
  1. JeffHart

JeffHart New Member
      3/25

Blog Posts:
    You don't have a fire and your food supply has run out. Which would you prefer? Eating the frog raw or a handful of worms raw?

MountainCutie likes this.
  2. Bishop

Bishop Master Survivalist
      335/345

Blog Posts:
    Worms

3. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I think that if you have not got the skills to trap/hunt something better than a frog or worms, & you don't have the skills to make fire, then you are going to be eating worms & raw frogs for a very long time. You need to replenish your food stocks BEFORE they run out, & if you can't make fire, you can look forward to a very cold winter & a miserable pre paleolithic existence.
    Keith.

4. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    if you don't have the skills to make a fire or catch something bigger than a frog, your going to be a long time dead.
    and the worms will be feeding off you!!

5. Nela Civobeg

Nela Civobeg Member
      18/25

Blog Posts:
    Very well said. Starting a fire should be the first and most basic thing you should know to do. It requires no man-made tools. So, knowing how to start a fire is a must. But, staying on topic. If I had to choose between the 2, I guess I would go with the worms. In case you can't tell what kind of a frog you have gotten, you might end up eating something that could possibly kill you. Worms don't really sound like a nice thing to eat either, but just close your mouth and crunch on them and pretend you are not eating them haha

6. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Expert Member
      153/173

Blog Posts:
    I think people have eaten worms before as long as they are cleaned with some sort of sterile water. I'm a bit skeptical about frogs since they may contain toxin in their skin, and eating one blindly would lead to more problems the frog has poison. It doesn't even have to be a strong poison, trace amounts from frogs have been known to cause hallucinations, facial paralysis, or even breathing problems.

7. MountainCutie

MountainCutie New Member
      3/25

Blog Posts:
    I figure this is a just for fun question, so while ideally I'd be eating food storage, I am not going to jump on the bandwagon about how you should prepare better. After all, nothing wrong with a funny question. It's the people who can't have fun that snap.

So, here goes: Worms. OMG I said it! Yuck, but I don't know any frogs around here that aren't poisonous tree frogs, so yeah. Not much of a choice there. The bad thing is I've dissected worms before and even when you cut them into pieces they can't stop wiggling. But I'd still do it, after all, it's not like I haven't broke a worm into pieces when I go fishing. And once they're broken up, it would be like swallowing a pill, nasty but I think do able for me. After all, I've eaten chocolate covered ants before.

8. CivilDefense

CivilDefense Expert Member
      235/345

Blog Posts:
    I voted frog only because I've eaten them before, albeit cooked. But if you are down to just those two choices, I'd wager you've got far worse problems to be concerned with. The point of preparedness is to avoid such bad situations.

9. Jameson

Jameson New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    I can eat raw worms anytime.Frogs are just too disgusting for me to eat.