Nuclear Fallout

Discussion in 'The Apocalypse' started by ThePriest, Apr 28, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. ThePriest

ThePriest Member
      13/23

Blog Posts:
    What do you think it would be like to survive a nuclear fallout? Most of us have heard of the game Fallout 3 which basically is a simulation of just that. In any real world situation, it is most certainly not a game, though. The threat of a fallout situation does not just come from a missile. Our governments put this stuff right into buildings called Nuclear Power plants. And even with all the maintenance in the world buildings are still built by humans.Now we all know the accident that happened in Ukraine, Chernobyl. They said the cause of this was the results of a flawed Reactor with poorly trained personnel. It was a very tragic event that unfortunately happened. I remember watching a documentary and people had to be evacuated from the city because of the radiation. They had to leave all their personal possessions and everything they owned. It was just in 2011 that Chernobyl was declared a tourist attraction.
    [​IMG]

So if a nuclear power plant was to malfunction close enough to where you live what would you do? In every survival situation, your basic needs stay the same. You need food, water, shelter and warmth. The best idea is going to be to get as far away as possible from the infected area while trying to make it to safety. Most likely the fastest way of transportation is going to be a vehicle, so your first stop is going to be a gas station. Then pack the car up with plenty of food, lots of water and blankets. If you act quick enough you can beat all the traffic jams that lie ahead and cruise away from danger. Help may show up but you never know how serious the situation can be so it's always good to be prepared.

2. DrPBandJelly

DrPBandJelly New Member
      3/23

Blog Posts:
    To be honest, in a nuclear fallout situation, even food and shelter go down in the priority list. Your survival will be almost entirely decided by luck (How far you are from "ground zero"), and by how fast you can get as far away as possible. I think the most efficient way would be to get a bicycle and ride away as far as possible for as long as you can, to avoid as much radiation as possible. And then, if you survive, work from there!

3. CivilDefense

CivilDefense Expert Member
      235/345

Blog Posts:
    This is really bad advice. If an attack warning sounds, or you see a detonation, you need to take shelter immediately. Preferably one that is below ground or at least ready for such an attack. Even an expedient shelter is better than being out in the open. Remember, 80% of the fallout would occur during the first 24-hours of an atomic detonation. Wandering around out in the open during said fallout is not a good call: no one wants to die from Acute Radiation Syndrome (ARS).

Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
  4. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    Is it fallout from one accident or from a full blown war?
    Escaping one fallout zone might just put you into another!

5. joshposh

joshposh Master Survivalist
      260/345

Blog Posts:
    Go watch documentaries on the atom bombs that were dropped over Japan. There is no place you can from it. If you are shielded from the initial blast then you might have a chance of survival. Radiation will take years to go away and a lot of people died from exposure.

Brownbear likes this.
  6. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I really don't give much thought to nuclear missiles, although the war heads used these days are much smaller than those that were about in the cold war, I don't think all out nuclear war is surviveable, even if one isn't in the immediate blast zone the fallout will probably get us and who wants to die from radiation poisoning? apart from that, the "nuclear winter" will probably mean our food supply would be gone and we couldn't grow any more and all the animals would be dead so everyone will die a lingering painful death from starvation....................no thanks.

Brownbear likes this.
  7. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Wouldn't it be fascinating if the Ukraine thought that its active nuclear reactors were in danger of being taken by Russian forces and decided rather than losing them to the Russians, they would drain all of the coolant out of them when the prevailing winds would carry the radiation over the Russian aggressors to the east.

https://www.slobodenpecat.mk/en/rus...do-golemata-nuklearna-centrala-vo-zaporozhje/

"Ukraine has four nuclear power plants in operation"

upload_2022-2-28_23-45-4.png

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I was reading a piece a few days ago about nuclear fallout.
    it said that the fallout cloud dissipates quite quickly over time, and it stated that travel through these areas would be safe within 3-5 weeks, probably I think because of the effect of the Jet Stream.
    the main problem will be where the fallout touches the ground making the land radioactive, like happened in Wales after Chernobyl.
    The main targets for the members of this forum would be Washington and London and other major cities especially those with military or govt resources , a direct strike in these areas would incinerate everyone but anyone outside of the blast zone has a good chance of surviving.

TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.
  9. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I have my radiation detector in the stash . It is an old Civil defense detector that they were fazing out . In my test it appears to be fully operational . Without some sort of detector and with communications limited or non- existent , only by a personal test will someone know whether it is safe to venture out . Unlike many even within the prepper community , I prepped for a Nuclear War . I never bought into the narrative that there would never be a Nuclear War because of mutual destruction .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  10. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    there may be a nuclear war but if there is mutual destruction will be assured.
    what kind of life style will be left for any that survive is anyone's guess.
    it sure as hell wont be like anything that went before and it wont be pretty but it might just be survivable for the few that remain.

11. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    I haven't checked but would expect radiation detectors would be hard to find today as people began to realize a Nuclear War may be on their door steps .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  12. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    by Poltiregist..

Yeah...me too Poltiregist...I too have one of those Yellow ones here at home and also two of these Radex ones..

One hear next to this computer and one at work in my locker...I keep the batteries separate until needed and just did an Op check on both of them.

RADEX RD1503+ w/o dosimeter: High accuracy Geiger counter, radiation detector (English): Household Alarms And Detectors: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

These do not detect alpha particles....which requires a different type of wand on the attachments.

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

13. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.foxnews.com/world/russia-troops-ukraine-nuclear-plant

"Russian troops close in on Ukraine's largest nuclear power plant as authorities warn of potential for disaster"

"Zaporizhzhya nuclear power plant houses six reactors and is the largest in Europe"

---------------------------------------------
    Old Gzr's take: wouldn't it be a fascinating experiment if the Ukranian control engineers in these six reactors shut down the coolant flow -- just let it all drain away at a rate to allow themselves some small opportunity to escape.

Downwind are the Russian culture regions of Ukraine, plus there's that little city, Volgograd.

Volgograd's population is over one million Russians.

From Wiki:

"Economy
    "Modern Volgograd remains an important industrial city. Industries include shipbuilding, oil refining, steel and aluminum production, manufacture of heavy machinery and vehicles, and chemical production."

upload_2022-3-3_19-19-55.png

===============================================================

Another happy adventure would be for the Ukrainians to send multiple penetrater rocket launches into the Chernobyl reactor and bust all that concrete sealing the core.

The Ukrainians could time the rocket barrages for when the prevailing winds would take the radioactive fallout up Putin's way.

If Putin wants a nasty little war, then give it to him.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2022
    TMT Tactical likes this.
    1. Old Geezer
      Old Geezer, Mar 3, 2022
      TMT Tactical likes this.
  14. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    It looks more and more that there is going to be nuclear war.

Putin is bogged down in his invasion of Ukraine, horrific famines lie ahead, fuel prices are going to go through the roof, and the third Obama administration has deeply injured the U.S. military -- especially its ability to react to multiple conflicts.

Usually, North Korea tosses out threats for fun and relaxation; however, now they mean it. Keep in mind that Korea is dependent on foreign food imports. If Korea lashes out, who can push back? Not the USSA. If war breaks out with North Korea and America gets involved, that will drag China into that war. This situation will certainly go nuclear. Such a conflict in Asia will give Putin the go-ahead to use nukes in Europe.

"Kim warns North Korea would 'preemptively' use nuclear weapons"

https://www.foxnews.com/world/kim-north-korea-preemptively-nuclear-weapons

Should (when) Putin negate with nukes Britain and European countries so as to shut down the arms flowing into Ukraine, America most assuredly will be dragged into that nuclear conflict. Nuclear war in Europe would give the go-ahead for North Korea to attack South Korea.

What with the people who once controlled Obama now controlling D.C., there is no certainty that Amerika would be able to stop an Asian nuclear war short of disgorging its Pacific boomer subs and N.Korea's Kim imagines that we will NOT do so. Kim could be correct in that assumption. Even with Amerika having troops in S.Korea, this current "administration" could tuck it's tail and run just like it did in Afghanistan. The debacle in Afghanistan -- hanging our friends out to dry & the willingness to undo all military gains -- gave the world's bullies the go-ahead to attack the people they were wanting to attack.

Russia's current stance on Ukraine:

"Top Kremlin Mouthpiece Says Russia Has No Choice but to Use Nuclear Weapons"

https://news.yahoo.com/top-kremlin-mouthpiece-says-russia-115702782.html

"A leading Kremlin mouthpiece has warned that the West’s overt backing for Ukrainian attacks on Russian territory could lead not to Russia’s defeat but to the 'total annihilation' of Ukraine.

"The warning from Margarita Simonyan, editor-in-chief of the propaganda outlets RT and Sputnik, came after further Ukrainian strikes overnight on the border city of Belgorod, a key supply center for Russian military forces in eastern Ukraine.

“'Explosions and air defense sirens in Belgorod,' Simonyan wrote early Thursday in a message on Telegram. 'The Anglo-Saxons publicly encourage Ukraine to take their hostilities into Russian territory. And they give them means to carry that plan out.

“'What choice do you leave us, idiots? The total annihilation of what remains of Ukraine? A nuclear strike?'

"In Putinist circles the term 'Anglo-Saxons' can be used as a bit of a catch-all for malign [sic] Western influences, but there appeared to be little doubt that Simonyan’s message was referring to Britain."

-------------------------------------------------

Other destabilizing events add to the likelihood of war. We've not even begun to truly feel what is coming in the way of fuel shortages. Add to the current world's catastrophe concoction the famine thingy.

For decades, there existed means by which the world extracted itself from WWIII situations. Those doors are now shut.

I'm going to end this post by posting a list of countries who are dependent on food imports.
    I have put emphasis on countries whose collapse would mightily affect Western nations. The following list should have just said "the better part of the continent of Africa". Once-productive South Africa is now on the verge of chaos. When perusing the following list, think about the listed countries as being venues for violence and sources of millions of refugees into Europe.

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/the-countries-importing-the-most-food-in-the-world.html

The following list is a direct quote from the link above:

Countries Who Are Unable to Produce Their Own Food
    Rank Countries Without Sufficient Food Supply

1 Afghanistan

2 Burkina Faso
    3 Burundi
    4 Cameroon
    5 Central African Republic
    6 Chad
    7 Democratic Republic of the Congo
    8 Djibouti
    9 Eritrea
    10 Ethiopia
    11 Guinea
    12 Iraq
    13 Kenya
    14 Lesotho
    15 Liberia
    16 Madagascar
    17 Malawi
    18 Mali
    19 Mauritania
    20 Mozambique
    21 Myanmar
    22 Nepal
    23 Niger
    24 North Korea
    25 Republic of the Congo
    26 Sierra Leone
    27 Somalia
    28 South Sudan
    29 Sudan
    30 Swaziland
    31 Syria
    32 Uganda
    33 Yemen
    34 Zimbabwe

15. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    yes Putin could start a nuclear war but he wont live to see the end of it.
    Russia has a big arsenal of nukes, the most anywhere, but Nato combined outnumber them .
    London and Berlin could cease to exist but so will Moscow.
    personally I think its all bullying and bluster from Putin and Lavrov to stop the West supplying Ukraine.
    when anything dosent go the way of a bully they start to threaten, that how you know they are losing the war.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  16. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    "yes Putin could start a nuclear war but he wont live to see the end of it."

Sometimes bullies go irrational. Crazy people break their own bones fighting. Crazy people do not take into consideration their own annihilation.

People who drag-race know they could die. Doesn't matter. Not a factor.

Me, I no longer care if I live or die. Many, many people come from this place. You don't want us as your enemy.

To sell whiskey and tobacco, companies put death-head imagery on their packaging. Death-wish is a big seller.

The West once thought Putin quite the chess player. That paradigm has melted.

Putin is no longer Putin. The Russian military leadership cannot lose in Ukraine lest they lose control in Russia. They MUST win this war. They will do what they must do to win irrespective of rationality. I have witnessed insane violence -- rationality is no where to be found when such events go down.

Russians are not wimpy Westerners.

They don't call it "Russian roulette" for nothing.

poltiregist and TMT Tactical like this.
  17. Max rigger

Max rigger Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    Nuclear war won't happen, not even Putin can just push a button, a lot of others are involved.

Reading an article yesterday and five or six Russian oligarchs has topped themselves these last three months but...did they jump or were they pushed.

lonewolf and TMT Tactical like this.
  18. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    --- I totally agree . With this Old Geezer and I are on the same page . Just my personal opinion but if Puttin goes Nuclear Ukraine " Will Not " be his target . Ukraine will not be the first . second or even fourth country that will experience nuclear tipped missiles . It will be the countries that are supporting the Ukrainian's with weaponry . Unannounced first one to launch has its military strategic value .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  19. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    agreed, probably the same for Biden too.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  20. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Scrolling through the internet I found this info on nukes.
    the blast zone of current missiles is 5-7 miles radius, by comparison the bomb dropped on Hiroshima was only 1.7 mile radius.
    the "safe distance" from any explosion is 20+ miles.
    the radius of London is 45 miles.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  21. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...pc=U531&cvid=4849a5ef85fc43019de42ec9375f9a10 ---- Russia is preparing its citizens for an all out war with NATO . The writer of the above link however is either Nieve or in denial as to what is actually unfolding . Perhaps the author simply chose to sugar coat the development thinking the general public couldn't handle the truth . One gross miscalculation by the author , Russia will not be reaching out into other countries to merely cut supply lines . It will be conducting a full out assault . ---- For those clinging to the hope that Puttin doesn't have full control of the Nuclear button , stop to think , those surrounding him wouldn't dare oppose him as they know they would soon be found dead . Which one of Puttin's yes men stood up to oppose the attack on Ukraine ?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  22. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Russia's army is weak and losing badly, thats why the nuclear war threats.
    I dont think Putin has full control of his faculties never mind control over the nuclear button, he's also got the shakes so probably got Parkinson's too, not only is he waiting for cancer treatment-lets hope he dosent survive the surgery-he is also Schizophrenic. all in all he's in bad shape.
    whether or not there is nuclear war, there is nothing you, I or any other prepper can do about it, except to hope we are all far enough away from major target areas.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  23. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I would not trust much of what our western media state about what is happening in the Ukraine...

What I am picking up on is that the Deep State international players have been using the Ukraine and also Kazakhstan as a private money laundering operation and the Kazakhstan operation has been shut down. The other money laundering operation for the deep state players is in Taiwan.

I do not think Putin wants to use/misuse nuclear weapons on the soil of the Ukraine. It is an important wheat bread basket...among other things there.

I also think that Putin is and knows he is fighting the Deep State international players...and NATO is a Deep State puppet organization...a front..for the Deep State....as is the United Nations.

Been hearing that much of Americas munitions industry is now turning out millions of rounds of 7.62 x 39mm ammunition. If true that is interesting and might explain why reloading supplies have been in very short supply the last couple of years.
    Is this accidental...coincidental.....or a plan...a long range plan????

What I am picking up on is that the Russians are destroying Deep State operations in the Ukraine ....not the Ukraine itself...

I have been to Germany after WW2...in the middle 1950s and seen the destruction of Frankfurt, Germany....by Bombers...and the Ukraine is not what I saw...in Germany. Not Total destruction.

That is how I know not to trust our lying media here in the States about the Ukraine...

I think Putin is fighting the international Deep State players...meaning the London Crown Banking Merchants, the Vatican, Possibly the BIS...bank of international Settlements....The CRF players...and others.

The Ukraine is not scorched earth....and some Ukrainians are now returning back to the country.

I do not trust our American News media ...all of them. ...including the fabled Fox News.

For our media is even lying to us about what is happening in Washington DC.

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Watcherchris

TMT Tactical likes this.
  24. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    have a look at some film of Ukrainian cities, then tell me its not Scorched Earth, in many places the cities cease to exist, like Mariupol, just a pile of rubble.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  25. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    London would be hit with multiple warheads from one or more incoming missiles. States with nuclear capabilities MIRV their missile warheads so that if they lose some missiles to defense systems, only one making it through could still nuke multiple sites. All military bases and naval bases will be targeted for the festivities. Some anti-missile systems could divert the path of the incoming nuclear warheads such that the military target would be spared, yet civilians in random untargeted areas would be destroyed or receive serious fallout from ground-bursts (missiles that dig to destroy hardened targets). Some missiles could be thrown off-course into the sea, some end-up in very low population areas -- all bets are off.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  26. Max rigger

415/460

Blog Posts:
    Reports coming in of Russian soldiers being shot by their own officers for cowardice. These conscripts don't want to be there, don't want to fight 'their own' they want to be home eating good food and and being with friends and loved ones.

Not hard to get soldiers to fire long range artillery and missiles but its a whole new ball game motivating them to get in close, face to face and kill when so many don't believe the war is a just war.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  27. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Ukraine has successfully hit some Russian artillery emplacements within Russian territory.

Putin and the current military leadership must save face. They cannot lose.

We are talking about old guard Russian do-or-die-trying mindset. They WILL go to the largest extreme and beyond to save face. Risking nuclear war is not so big of a deal right now. They see WMDs as being like other weaponry, only more powerful.

Long ago when dissecting Russian military electronics, we learned that they build aircraft to fly during a nuclear exchange, during conditions of massive EMP events.

Nuclear war (or biologic, or chemical) doesn't mean to them what it means to us. The value of human life that we hold is not held by them. Never think that Russian senior brass thinks the same way we think.

Reasoning with rapists only works on TV shows and movies. Dead souls do not emote.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  28. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I've looked at some of the film of Ukrainian Cities....it does not look like what I saw in Frankfurt, Germany in the 1950s as a child.

I am not arguing that it is good....certainly not....but I know what scorched earth looks like.

I also lived in Japan in the 1960s. Japan is a small nation with mostly wooden buildings in many cities to this day.
    Before we here in America get all Holier than Thou....I know what we did to Japan with not High Explosive bombs but Incendiary weapons to burn these cities to the ground. So too did we Americans destroy Cologne and Dresden in Germany...cultural and art cities...not of military significance. Thus killing thousands and thousands of civilians.
    Another reason I do not trust either our media and or our public education.

Also Lonewolf...I was in a US Army National Guard reserve unit....155mm towed artillery. I was for a time on a gun crew...and we shot a lot of 155mm fused artillery rounds. Often one gun would walk a round into the target and then the other four guns would lock on to those coordinates and fire for effect..

I am certain that todays artillery using GPS and other satellite coordinates can get on target with much fewer rounds than did we in the olde days.

My point in this ...is that if they so did to Mariupol....it was intended that way....by design.
    For I know that the Russians are not doing this to all cities and or towns.

Also in case some of you do not know...this country has certain cannons/artillery ...of a certain size....caliber... which are nuclear capable.
    Do you not think that the Russians have similar?? Not sure what some of you are thinking with all this talk of missiles.
    There are out here numerous delivery systems for nuclear weapons....not just missiles.

I have worked on every Los Angeles class submarine built here including the Tomahawk Missile system consisting of 12 missile tubes in the front of the boat.
    I have also worked on Boomer class submarines and know how they work as well...16 ICBM missiles

I do not think Putin wants to start a nuclear war......
    I do think Putin want to get rid of the Deep State internationalists who have been secretly running both Russia and the United States as their private fiefdom...the UK and Europe as well. Both NATO and the UN are Deep State operations.

I am also thinking that Taiwan is a Deep State money laundering operation as is the Ukraine and also was Kazakhstan. If the Ukraine goes...so goes the Deep State ability to launder monies in that part of the world. This is why some in the west are working so hard to protect the Ukraine...to protect their money laundering investment. The Ukraine is a privately held fiefdom....as is the United States.
    This is why we here in America have and have had for some time now a non representative government ...not a representative government. This type of government is called a Democracy...not a Republican form of government.

This is also why we keep so often fighting other peoples wars...to protect Deep State investments. Many of them not even American Investments....ie...the first Desert Storm.

Most Americans today no longer know this about America...we are become that much dumbed down....ie...."Fallen."

Remember...both Russia and China are going to a gold backed system.....of monies/currencies. Is your media telling you what this means???
    Our Deep State handlers here over America will not allow that and must demonize Putin and others while keeping us ignorant of what is really going on over there....good cop/bad cop.
    I have seen this movie too many times...way too many times over the years. One crisis after another. Good Cop/Bad Cop.

Been wondering when and or if Putin will be going after the arms shipments this country and others are sending to the Ukraine.

Ishmaelites run wild.

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Watcherchris

Last edited: May 2, 2022
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  29. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    "Been wondering when and or if Putin will be going after the arms shipments this country and others are sending to the Ukraine." WatcherChris

Me too.

Just a matter of time for these strikes to begin. Russian forces have no choice but to do so. It is the weaponry being brought into Ukraine that is enabling the Ukrainian fighters to invoke effective losses on Russian military assets. Targeted attacks are the most effective attacks -- and in this day and age, that takes technology. Historically speaking, think about how sniper teams have invoked key asset losses on their enemy -- they take-out officers and military equipment technical team members. Combat units go out of their way to neutralize snipers. Russian fighters will go out of their way to shut-down arms pipelines from Britain and Europe. They simply must do so.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  30. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    I got my old Civil Defense radiation detector out of the faraday cage today and checked it out . It has the ability of conducting a test upon itself . It worked fine . It is now back in the faraday cage and awaiting for the time it may be needed .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  31. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    according to experts, any order Putin gives to fire nuclear missiles is likely to be ignored because the Kremlin thinks he is either seriously ill or even dying.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  32. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  33. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  34. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    There's always at least one flying football in the air.

One wonders, who is it that has the football. Sure as dickens isn't biden.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  35. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    In a nuclear war, America's eastern seaboard will become uninhabitable. Yet another reason that the concept of urban survival is completely untenable.

Even if Boston itself didn't get hit, the fallout from New York city nuclear blast would cause radiation poisoning in Boston.

https://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/2017/01/27/boston-nuclear-war/

"Perhaps a foreign aggressor wouldn’t think Boston, as we do, a world-class city, and instead target New York City. If one of China’s five-megaton Dong Feng-5 missiles hit Manhattan, a 15-mile-per-hour wind would carry a fallout cloud of 100 rads, a unit of absorbed radiation, per hour up to Boston. Between 100 and 200 rads, humans begin to show signs of acute radiation syndrome."

[​IMG]

"Say one of Russia’s 800-kiloton Topol missiles detonated in the airspace just above Boston. ..."

"But let’s assume this same Topol missile wasn’t detonated in the air, but instead hit the surface. Within a seven-square-mile radius of downtown Boston, mortality rates from radiation poising alone would reach 90 percent. With a 15-mile-per-hour wind, the fallout cloud would carry all the way to Bangor, Maine."

[​IMG]

===============================
    ===============================

https://www.atomicarchive.com/science/effects/fallout-pattern.html

"The details of the actual fallout pattern depend on wind speed and direction and on the terrain. The fallout will contain about 60 percent of the total radioactivity. The largest particles will fall within a short distance of ground zero. Smaller particles will require many hours to return to earth and may be carried hundreds of miles. This means that a surface burst can produce serious contamination far from the point of detonation."

upload_2023-11-28_18-15-34.png

TMT Tactical likes this.
  36. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Do any of you members know what it means when you hear the term ......"Dial a Yield??"

Just curious.

With the accuracy of todays guidance systems ...huge warheads are not needed as much as in years past.

Huge warheads were needed because the delivery systems were not that accurate in the early days....lack of accuracy was made up for with a bigger warhead...

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

Oh...and in case some of you do not know.....the Doomsday aircraft is always ready....24/7....that is why it is a Doomsday aircraft......

Not sure what some of you are thinking here..

Do some of you really think they tuck it into bed and only bring it out in extreme emergencies????

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Watcherchris

TMT Tactical likes this.
  37. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    The size of a blast can be altered.

Were I Russia and certainly were I China, I would concentrate my nuclear attack on military bases and the sites where weaponry is engineered and manufactured. These places, I would dig-out with ground bursts, not air bursts. Who knows what underground facilities there are under bases. All storage facilities, I would hit with digger warheads. All Naval ports would have to be annihilated, of course.

Urban areas? Why hit them?! They are going to depopulate, implode, self-destruct on their own anyway; so, why waste my nukes on them. A few air-bursts maybe .... cook the engineering universities, EMP the national power grid, that sort of thing. No, I'm using my warheads to annihilate my enemies ability to retaliate now and in the future. Hitting military targets alone would radiate via fallout >90% all of America's farmlands west of the Mississippi River and its tributaries from Canada to the Gulf of Mexico.

With the ground-bursts, I'd be laying down lethal waves of fallout which will kill and sicken at the very least 100 million people downwind. Let what Americans who survive the blasts and the fallout eat each other.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  38. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    While we are playing warlord I will present my strategy if I was an adversary attacking the U.S. . EMP the U.S. from stem to stern and likely do it twice perhaps even thrice to assure a good wire and transformer melting . Today Super EMP devices have been developed that according to the U.S. governments Main EMP expert will melt about everything including everything on military bases . For assurance I would also melt all NATO military bases regardless whom claims them . -- Simultaneously shoot down all NATO satellites that might have any military value . --Then be on alert to shoot down all incoming retaliatory missiles or bombers . -- Sure some retaliation will succeed but after a year or two there will be only a few hard core preppers to deal with or a few very rich that retreated to their expensive bunkers . A whole new land to walk into and cultivate its fields for food and natural resources to enjoy . ---
    Ground Nuclear bursts would be one of my last resorts , as I would want to reap the spoils of war .

Last edited: Nov 28, 2023
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  39. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Can an EMP attack happen, absolutely. Can it happen without a full scale retaliation, doubtful, in my opinion. Just like MAD with nuclear weapons, I believe that we would launch as soon as their missiles are detected launching. No winners. I continue to believe that an economic / propaganda war will continue. Why risk your own country if you can get your adversary to destroy themselves.

watcherchris and poltiregist like this.
  40. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:

LOL LOL LOL.....wondering about some of you ...what you are thinking here...

The most dangerous tool in this business is not airplanes and or bombs.....or missiles/rockets per se........but Submarines..

Not sure what some of you are thinking here..

Submarines today can lay dormant for a long time...limited only by the health of the crew and or the food supply.

They can launch Tomahawk missiles with an assortment of warheads....or a boomer Boat with ICBM warheads...

Multiple warheads in each ICBM missile...

These missiles can be launched one at a time...or all of them rippled in a special procedure.

Remember something...the US Air Force trained me on Inertial Navigation Systems.. Both two and three axis gyro systems.

I have also worked on a number of Log Angeles class boats...as well as Virgini class...also Boomers..ICBM boats...

Oh..I agree with the economic part TMT Tactical. And our leadership here..is so stupid they are playing right into the economic collapse by inflating the dollar into nothingness..

Or are they really that stupid .....?? Or is this part of a world wide international Deep State plan for the USA.??

Nonetheless...what they are doing to the US dollar is to me demonic...in it's nature.

Just like so much these Intellectuals, Enlightened, Illuminated folk are doing to us.

Ishmaelites run wild to put us into their form of Ishmaelite bondage....economic/social bondage....called progressive.

It is anything but progressive when you see what is happening to so many big cities run by the leftists....progressing right into the toilet bowl.
    Olde Geezer has a point about the bigger cities...

I greatly dislike going to and through Richmond and Petersburg, Va. I use the bypass every chance I get..

Been to Baltimore...what a dump...Same thing with Washington DC....get out of the capital areas and what a dump.

America and Americans last place in our own country.

Oh...talk about Fallout!!!! Any of you heard that the running mate for Biden in the next election may be Newsom from Kalifornia. Wow....talk about nuclear fallout..!!!!

Two of a kind..peas in a pod.....talkers and photo ops....that is what they are good at and for. Everything else they touch turns into a pile of dung...

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Watcherchris

Last edited: Nov 28, 2023
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  41. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    John Maynard Keynes....from "The Economic Consequences of the Peace." Circa 1919

Be Warned these Ishmaelites...for Keynes here is talking about a form of bondage through Inflation.....

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Watcherchris

Last edited: Nov 29, 2023
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  42. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    A question that I will throw out to anyone that thinks they know the answer to . If all the navigational and spy satellites were shot down , What would be the effect on the guidance systems on missiles and their ability to find their targets ?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  43. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    They would not be shot down, they would have to be exploded. That would create a man made debris field that would destroy everything circling the earth. Space stations and every other type of objects currently in space. Envision a shotgun pattern of high speed objects flying around the planet. I seriously doubt any nation has the ability to destroy enough satellites without the use of missiles. Once again, missile launches of this magnitude would trigger a nuclear war. No win approach.

poltiregist likes this.
  44. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    First things to go are the satellites.

Ballistic missiles are just that. Once on their way, they become much like a cannon shell.

Are there some with guidance systems? Sure. However, the engineering of these takes into consideration the loss of communications. Consider that when these puppies get launched, they are going to do the deed.

45. Max rigger

415/460

Blog Posts:
    All ballistic missiles have guidance systems if not they'd be no better than a German WW2 V2 rocket.

One potential issue is in the case of multiple launches EMP blast may well have an impact on the missile systems leading to some strays going where they shouldn't.

46. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    An inertial navigation platform is a totally independent system...by this I mean not dependent on a radio received signal...from somewhere else. And such Inertial Navigation Platforms have gotten smaller over the years in addition to more accurate.

And these systems have been incorporated into ICBM warheads...to navigate them independent of any received radio signal.

These systems are also used on Aircraft but usually on the long range overseas routes as these platforms are expensive.

On the short haul over land routes mostly they use ADF , Tacan or some other less expensive systems...and today even GPS.... But all these systems are dependent on a received radio signal...which can be jammed or modified with errors.

I do not know if some of you are aware of certain capabilities in technology...but we in America have people specifically trained to overtake satellites and shut them down ...or make them not obey commands...etc etc et al;. Gain access to the satellite control codes..

These people spend years studying this stuff and keeping up with the latest changes...in technology.

If we can do it....other nations must be researching this as well.....limited by budgets and know how.

My Non Ishmaelite .02
    Watcherchris.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2023
  47. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    I need your help, WatcherChris. What was the old term, one of the first systems, for shotgunning a satellite dead. I'm having a brain fart here. Was the term "can of nails"? "Can of ..." I just can't remember.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  48. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    You got me on that one Olde Geezer..sorry I can not help.

Watcherchris

Not an Ishmaelite.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  49. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Something that I have been pondering since Watcherchris's response to nuclear missiles and the destruction of navigational satellites . -- In my former life , I sometimes ran a forest fire lookout tower . When we spotted a smoke , we could align a line of sight instrument toward the smoke . By contacting another forest fire lookout tower , if they could see the same smoke , they could give a direction reading . Then by pulling a string , where the two lines of sight crossed would be the fire's location . -- I am " presuming " global positioning systems operate much the same way utilizing two or more satellites . -- That brings up my pondering - How can a missile know its location and its targets location without input from a fixed and known position ? Watcherchris I certainly do not want you to divulge any secret information , but " if it is no secret " , how can such a self contained guidance system work ?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  50. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Excellent question there...poltiergist...excellent.... and no these systems are not secret....they have been around a long long time now...even in commercial airline usage..

An Inertial navigation system uses several precision gyroscopes....aligned on an axis...two or three axis....or put another way as in a chart or graph...the X direction ..the Y direction like on a math graph..but there is third direction or dimension if you like...the Z axis...

Along these three axis are also accelerometers to measure precisely ...velocity......or speed along these three axis

These systems often take a long time to start or get up to speed and precision alignment to where they can accurately measure any errors.

When you know how far you are deviating off an starting axis...and how fast you are moving along an axis....you have the information to plot a course..and of course a starting point..

X and Y on a flat surface...and Z in vertical velocity....or into air....the third dimension...along with velocity in that third dimension.

Show some of you how an accelerometer works for measuring velocity....Watch some of those videos of ICBM missiles being launched out of a submarine....notice how the missile usually hangs in the air for a barely measurable amount of time.....a zero velocity moment when it clears the water.. That is when the rocket engine ignites and the missile is on it's way. This zero velocity state is measured by an accelerometer...a precision highly accurate accelerometer.

Obviously you do not want the engine igniting while the rocket is still on its way out of but still in the missile tube....but at some point when the missile is cleared the boat and so many feet above the water...and this point is established by precision measurement of a zero velocity state...usually when the missile is some feet into the air ...and the accelerometer senses zero velocity and quickly ignites the rocket motor.

That is obvious when watching the videos....

Want to see something even more difficult...watch those videos of a rocket coming back to a soft landing.....on the launch pad.....that was not possible years ago....but the technology has advanced significantly over the years.

I was also taught that in the early days....of the space program the accelerometers for a moon landing were made by hand....and had tolerances down to a millionth of an inch ...in precision.

And NASA searched the whole country to find machinists who could build an accelerometer by hand with such an tolerance down to a millionth of an inch...
    The story goes that in America they found eight guys who could consistently work to such an tolerance...by hand...and the irony is that they all lived in Detroit Michigan....Motor city..
    Go figure!!!

If you cannot precisely control your rocket motor burn....not enough ..you will slam into the surface...to much burn and you will go back into outer space...no landing.
    You see...you have to accurately be able to measure your velocity to control your rocket engine burn.

And now you know the rest of the story..

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.