NUTTERS

Discussion in 'Mental Preparedness' started by Arkane, Aug 17, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    So now nutters are medicated and kept under control!
    What about During and after any serious SHTF event?

How many nutters and I include religious nutters in this group are going to use the opportunity to run amock and set up some form of crazy land!

What if a religious cult set up a base near you and kept visiting and trying to recruit you and yours into the cult!

Have you any plans on how to deal with them? and how long before it gets nasty?

2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    any reason why they would? bit of an obscure scenario this one.
    we don't really have any problems with religious types in this country, some JW go around knocking on doors but it was more of a problem in the city than in the countryside.

3. Arkane

275/297

Blog Posts:
    any reason why they would?
    Because nutters are nutters!
    There are hundreds if not thousands of little religious cults out there and most have some form of second coming or apocalyptic scenario woven into them!
    Some (one in particular) plan to save everyone by forcing them to repent before sending them directly to heaven! they all do MA and keep lots a big blades!

There would be many variations on cults and after a few months of studying them I had to stop for my own good!
    They wont be a big problem for most but for those who encounter a cult early recognition and action may save there day!
    I hope never to encounter nutters but will be prepared anyway!

4. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    not really a problem here.

5. Arkane

275/297

Blog Posts:
    What everyone a nutter already?;)

6. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I don't know about Australia but in the UK nutters are normally located in the cities, even religious ones go where there are plenty of people to indoctrinate-so again cities and large towns.

7. MKprepper

MKprepper Expert Member
      168/173

Blog Posts:
    As a life long sufferer of mental illness myself this worries me hugely!!
    One can become very wild and dark without the proper meds.

8. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    in the UK its not really possible to stockpile a huge store of prescription medication, so someone who relies on such items for survival will have a considerable problem post SHTF, i'm thinking mostly diabetics, people who need insulin and other such stuff that needs refridgeration, post collapse when the power grid may be no more.

MKprepper likes this.
  9. MKprepper

MKprepper Expert Member
      168/173

Blog Posts:
    I think that natural selection has long been gone in the world, but after SHTF the weak will fall and natural selection may return. if it wasnt for modern medicine all the diabetics and such wouldnt be here anyway.... sad but true, in the end only the strong survive.

10. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I have a prepper friend in Taunton who has just had serious heart surgery, he's okay but its taking some time for him to recover and get back to normal, post SHTF there will be none of that and such people will not survive.
    in the end its not so much a case of "the survival of the fittest" post SHTF, but those that can ADAPT to the new circumstances.

MKprepper likes this.
  11. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Sanity is a relative state. Sometimes the only sane response to an insane situation is something that you would normally see as insanity. True sanity in a survival sense is determined more by the circumstances than any predetermined conception. Where I live a nutter in a survival situation would be someone that didn't adapt and change. If you come and try to take what I have you are crazy and will shortly be dead. The free ride will end quickly and those that think that others will continue to feed and support them while they just sit and whine will not last long.

We currently live in a very forgiving environment and so we can afford to be forgiving. If the environment turns nasty then people will become more nasty or they won't make it. It is a little like the old question..."Is it paranoia to think that everyone is out to get you when everyone really IS trying to get you???" Everyone is going to change. Sanity like most moral issues have to be judged to some extent from the inside because anyone not in that situation just can't really grasp the situation.

12. Arkane

275/297

Blog Posts:
    NUTTERS hide anywhere! it could be the parish preist taking his/her religion to extremes, it could be the local policeman taking the law to extremes or maybe the local landlord wanting to be a Lord and enforcing his will or the local druggie going off or on there drugs!

Hell it might be the local prepper/survivalist imposing his/her know it all will on others! well he has studied it and has all the answers, he just needs to impose them!
    Or his partner who is overwhelmed by it all and wants to end all the suffering for all by killing them! as that's kinder than letting them suffer in the struggle!o_O

13. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    you don't half talk bollocks some times.

14. Arkane

275/297

Blog Posts:
    Nah mate!
    In the 2010 floods in Brisbane saw many things!
    A policeman booking a guy for a broken taillight while cars were getting washed away, hows that for fanatical law enforcement!
    A white guy failing to toss a rope to a black man but tossed it fine to the white guy next!

Only takes a little disaster to bring out the nutty in people!
    It might seem bollocks to you but it is born of experience for me!

15. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    It is just easier to spot nuts in the city; they don't fit in. Nobody is there to see me out in the woods so nobody knows. Besides, nuts like trees. Most of those people in the cities aren't nutters they are just plain CRAZY!!